Centro Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.1
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
Cons
  • "The bonus structure changed almost yearly, never to the benefit of anyone who wasn't upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency(in 8 reviews)

1. "Believe in the Product Centro Sells"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro provides opportunity for personal growth, provides its internal teams with endless marketing and sales resources and has an amazing product (Basis). I left Centro for another opportunity and ended up coming back a year later.

Cons

The regional offices don't always get the perks of the larger hubs, but that's the case at most companies.

Advice to Management

Keep grooming employees to grow within the company!

Centro2019-10-10

"Great place for Career Growth - if you're up for the challenge!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Echoing what has been said before of the overall amazing culture. Great chemistry across the teams that service our clients and a company that definitely values the people behind the levers. But something important to note is the overall career growth and skillset Centro arms its employees with. Given the varying clients, verticals, strategies and objectives, no day looks the same and no day comes without learning... something new. Centro is exceptional at keeping people on their toes and challenges from both a work and personal growth perspective to be a better version of yourself every day.

Cons

Each office does great work, communication across the regions could use some improvement.

Centro2019-09-23
  3. "Great!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Great people and great leadership

Cons

Adtech is a very competitive landscape, it is hard to stand out.

Centro2019-10-11

"A very special place to learn, grow and thrive"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved working at Centro - best job I've ever had. Working with a mission-focused, value-focused company to make the industry better means a lot to me. I'll take those lessons, friendships and connections with me wherever I go and be a better person for it.

Cons

Lot of pressure now to get Basis adoption...it will happen, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Advice to Management

Keep scaling team growth with new-account growth...you're the best services company on the planet...those employees will also make SaaS partners very happy as long as they're not stretched too thin.

Centro2019-08-20

September 30, 2019Centro

Thank you for your thoughts on your time here at Centro! It’s amazing to hear that you’re a better person after working with us. Our media service teams are some of the hardest working people in the industry, and play a huge part in driving the success of Basis forward – thank you for your part in that. We’re looking forward to getting Rome built in order to make the industry better! If you have any additional feedback, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"A great place to work in Chicago"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked for a company that is so supportive and encouraging. Everyone here, regardless of role or title, should feel like they have a voice within Centro and can make an impact and a difference, you can. Centro is a special place that will allow the opportunity to grow your in your career and personally.. They invest in their employees and genuinely care about personal and professional satisfaction.... There are lots of opportunities to move into different careers and gain new experiences, you just have to take advantage of them. I have grown more in my time at Centro than I have at any other company. To succeed and grow, you will need to work more than 9-5 some days or weeks but one at the company feels work is the most important part of life. The benefits are good and I like the Flexible Time Off policy. The Chicago office is always well stocked with snacks, drinks and various alcohol. The layout and decor is welcoming and wonderful, and the office is filled with amazing people building and using a technology that can change the industry. Things at Centro will only get better in the near future.

Cons

Sometimes Centro is too nice in an effort to keep the culture the way it is. We need to be better at recognizing certain employees aren't a great fit for their role, even if they're great people. It negatively impacts the rest of us to keep them around. There are also a lot of people at higher levels of the company who have "grown-up" with Centro, and don't see things from different perspectives. The pay isn't... great, but it's fine and there are a lot of other benefits. People can also be pretty cliquey and gossipy. It's intimidating and not always welcoming, but it's not usually harmful or mean. Overall, people are very nice and I have very few complaints about anything to do with the company.

Advice to Management

Bring in a few more outsiders, but don't stray from the culture and initiatives that you have put in place. This is a special place, and you all should be proud.

Centro2019-08-07

August 16, 2019Centro

Thank you for getting in touch with your feedback! It’s wonderful to hear that you’ve been able to grow so much during your career here at Centro. Empowering our employees to make an impact, take the lead on their own growth, and build and work with a world class technology is so important to us. We also appreciate your thoughts around our fantastic culture and how to evolve it without changing the spirit of what we originally put in place. We look forward to continue to add diverse perspectives and more great people to the company culture! If you have any additional suggestions, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working here! I think management fully believes in individual growth and if you work hard you are rewarded for it. The company has so many resources and internal collateral that helps you learn quickly and is wonderful to have at your fingertips. The benefits are unbeatable and are truly put in place to make you grow as a person too (free yoga, free gym money, amazing health insurance, etc!)

Cons

This company is very advanced and constantly growing, so you will have to work hard but that is the case in most advertising companies, so why not do it at a place with great people and great benefits.

Centro2019-08-05

August 16, 2019Centro

We loved hearing about your experience in the Dallas office! It’s great you feel supported by your managers, have abundant resources, and are taking advantage of our great benefits – all things important to us to set our people up for success. We appreciate your hard work and part in moving our company forward! If you have any other comments, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"GREAT Benefits and Investment in Employees - Culture can be difficult"

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

leadership and management training, focus on employee growth and development

Cons

the culture is entirely cliquey the focus is on "having fun" and not getting work done, leaving managers unable to address management issues (any sort of addressing of issues is often seen as "punishment" or "dictatorial")

Advice to Management

the philosophy is amazing. but exec team and leadership need to be less worried about "being liked" by employees and remember that everyone is there to do a job, and expectations are high that it should be done well.

Centro2019-08-05

August 16, 2019Centro

Thank you for the feedback and we’re happy to hear you feel the investment in leadership and management training is valuable. With respect to “having fun” and “getting work done”, you bring up an important point and, candidly, something that is always a struggle for companies. There is always a fine line between creating an environment where people love coming to work and having fun with their teammates while at the same time being incredibly successful as a business. Our hope is that Centrons always put in 100% effort and have a deep commitment to getting all of the work done to achieve our goals with a positive attitude willing to pitch in and go the extra mile for our customers as well as our teammates. It’s my belief that no person, or company, has ever been successful giving less than 100% of our maximum effort. As a leadership team, we’re always looking for and searching for ways we can ensure both of the above statements are true: we enjoy working at Centro and we are all committed to working our butts off to ensure we create Raving Fans of our clients. If you have any thoughts, ideas or suggestions for improvement, we would love to hear them. Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. Thank you. – Chief Executive Officer

"Not much career growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People Snacks 4 percent RRSP matching General benefits Challenging work

Cons

Not too much room to grow. No clear expectation on how to move up.

Advice to Management

Institute guidelines to your managers on how to create a fair employee review process and to harshly punish managers who create unfair biases towards their employee/friends

Centro2019-07-23

August 16, 2019Centro

We appreciate you getting in touch and providing your feedback! It’s great to see your list of pros and we’re so happy you’ve chosen to call Centro your professional home for the past 3+ years. We want all employees to have a clear sense of their potential career growth, and feel that reviews around their performance are fair and consistent. It sounds like you’ve experienced this process to be less than optimal, and we’d love to hear more detail so we can address the situation. Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net – we look forward to hearing from you! -EVP, Talent and Development

"Love going into work!"

Current Employee - Digital Media Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centro's culture is unlike any other place I've worked. My co-workers are incredible, and I'm surrounded by high achievers who give 100% and challenge me to be a better professional and person. The benefits are outstanding, and our Chicago office is one of a kind. On-site yoga and meditation, fresh fruit, healthy snacks, and cold brew are just a few of the perks we enjoy! Plus flex time and unlimited PTO :)

Cons

No place is perfect, but I am so grateful to have found a company that really cares. No real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

Centro2019-06-09

July 15, 2019Centro

It’s great to hear your feedback! We agree with you that Centro’s people are amazing (followed closely by our cold brew!). Co-workers who challenge and push us forward, and who are also great and caring people are the gold standard - and we’re proud that many of them call Centro home. Please get in touch with us at tellusmore@centro.net if you have any additional feedback. - EVP, Talent and Development

"Most Depressing Office in Santa Monica"

Former Employee - Director in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are absolutely no "pros" to working at this company, especially in the Santa Monica office.

Cons

Showing up in the morning. Everyone is miserable.

Advice to Management

Pull it together.

Centro2019-08-01

August 23, 2019Centro

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We’re disappointed to hear that you experienced the office this way and are open to hearing any additional feedback if you are willing to share. It is important that our offices create a positive environment where our employees are happy to come to work, live out our principles, and do great work each day. Regarding the Santa Monica office specifically, we have been communicating with the teams there as they have provided us with feedback and suggestions and we are actively working on finding a new space for our team members in 2020. Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net if you have more to share about your experiences. -EVP, Talent and Development

Found 259 reviews