Certus Recruitment Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.9
Certus Recruitment Group CEO Justin Byrne
Justin Byrne
Pros
Cons
  • "No microwave in kitchen - but plenty of food places locally(in 4 reviews)

• "You need to ask for pay rises because sometimes they fail to recognise hard work(in 3 reviews)

1. "Brilliant place for the right people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Really strong culture led towards developing individuals and allowing them to achieve their goals - Management focus on people that want to be there and look after engaged employees extremely well - The team always comes first - Brilliant team environment - Brilliant training and support from all management levels - Great working environment - Very client led

Cons

- Small kitchen - Recruitment is hard work!

Certus Recruitment Group2019-10-29
  2. "Real team culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Encouragement to achieve your professional/personal goals via route to success meetings. I found these really helpful! - Collaborative working between the teams - Competitive, but in a good way. Have fun, work hard attitude - Are flexible if you need time off - Incentives - recently had a company sports day!

Cons

Recruitment is hard - but with hard work comes reward. If you don't have the professional maturity to know when to work and when to play I guess this could be a distraction

Certus Recruitment Group2019-10-29
  3. "Fantastic Progression !"

Current Employee - Graduate Experienced Manager in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Certus for just under one year and with the training, support and clear route for progression, I was promoted after 6 months to Graduate Experience Manager where I am now a team leader. I am constantly developing my skills in this amazing, energetic and fun working environment.

Cons

Little incentives could really help :)

Certus Recruitment Group2019-10-08

""Be careful""

Former Employee - Graduate Manager

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Certus are good at what they do, but they do it in a way that made me personally feel uncomfortable. If you are confident you can smash it from day one, this is the role for you. If you are looking for training and support, this is not the role for you.

Cons

- micro-management - discriminative office environment (told not to call people unless they have British names, people making fun of or not hiring someone because of accents) - No training and little support - Small and stuffy office - Believe in only one way of getting results - Very serious retention problem - Tense office atmosphere

Certus Recruitment Group2019-10-03

"No thanks."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Formed friendships with other former colleagues for life. * Learnt a lot about how to run on very little sleep. * Daniel. * Excellent praise system with the Friday round-up. * Lunch club is a hoot.

Cons

* Racist * Sexist * Multiple accounts of sexual abuse being reported and completely left because sales numbers were good. * Being told not to call candidates because their name 'didn't sound English' * Being forced to tell candidates they didn't get the job despite being qualified because they are wearing a hijab. * The illegal underpayment of apprentices who would finally be given a salary after working too many hours only to be again underpaid. * Clear sexism in the office towards the female members of staff. * Terrible treatment of employees after they leave - or when they are looking to leave. * Ridiculous payment system for the recruitment, it went from a simple, mutually beneficial system of the commission to a split, completely bias one. * You don't want a promotion, because it comes with way more work, way more pressure, considerably less commission and a ridiculously high turn over. This job is perfect for you, and you will be considered an excellent candidate if you are a privately educated male who is white, drinks beer, doesn't have a social life outside of work except maybe football and just loves racism and phone smashing. Otherwise, maybe jog on.

Certus Recruitment Group2019-04-08
  6. "Perfect first job in sales!"

Current Employee - Client Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Certus for 6 months - I came on as a fresh graduate working on the graduate desk and I love it! I love the culture; it's competitive but promotes a positive team environment as well. I have learned so much about the industry, and I love the buzz I get when I make a deal and everyone cheers! It's a hard job, you need to be able to pick yourself up after a bad day - it really is a rollercoaster...but so far it's been a great ride and I can't wait to work my way up the ladder!

Cons

NA - I'm loving it (although a microwave would be nice!)

Certus Recruitment Group2018-12-20
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people within this business are fantastic, definitely the best place I have worked in terms of the culture, we work hard but also know how to have fun - Progression opportunities, I think if you get your head down and show that you care, this company is one that will really look to develop you and your skill set - Senior management, the sales director in particular is very approachable and you learn a lot from the senior management team

Cons

- No microwave, every company has one so is a bit of a frustration - Can sometimes be a bit micro management and focus a bit too much on getting on the phone when results can be achieved in other forms

Certus Recruitment Group2018-12-19

"Very misleading"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun environment sometimes -Beer and early finish Fridays

Cons

-was sold into the role even though i didn't want to do recruitment. -was promised training and a clear progression plan which i never got. -was told by my manager to do things in a certain way but then her boss and the owner would say that it is the wrong way. - overachieved my target in my first month and then told the position wasn't for me. -so i was told they they didn't really mind about hitting target it was all about developing the person so i didn't have to worry about hitting my target. - and then after my first month they said it wasn't the right role for me therefore leaving me jobless after just 1 month. - not relieved my commission for overachieving my target. -felt like they missold the dream, but in reality i got something completely different. - felt cheated out of my commission.

Certus Recruitment Group2018-08-02

"Recruitment is easy to do but very hard to do well!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Superb office environment and truly supportive structure. Everyone is encouraged and given the autonomy to build their own business within the company at a realistic pace with achievable targets. The management team is experienced with over 40+ years of combined recruitment experience who always have time for training and imparting their knowledge on to their teams. Success is celebrated and everyone truly works for each other and to move the business as whole forwards.

Cons

At the rate the business is growing a move to a new office will be required sooner rather than later!

Certus Recruitment Group2018-02-05

"Awful Company to work for"

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

- Finishing early on Fridays - Had a Mini Fridge with Beers for Fridays

Cons

- An incredibly discriminating company - No direct achievable path for progression given - Targeted daily on booking candidates in when there were no job opportunities for them - No structure within the company - Very immature atmosphere where favouritism occurred - Very unfriendly individuals who made more than 5 people leave in a short space of time - Was led to believe this would be an amazing job but it was the worst decision I had made along with many other previous employees having agreed.

Certus Recruitment Group2018-01-31

Certus Recruitment Group Response

February 5, 2018CEO

There are clearly numerous issues raised. There is a clear management structure within our business and an established and set out progression criteria which is open to all employees. We conduct exit interviews with all staff, which are conducted by a senior member of the team who is not in any way related to the member departing. I am surprised these issues were not raised during either your employment with us or at your exit interview. I can only guess you perhaps left Certus some time ago under a different management structure. Regardless, I'm sorry this was your experience and will consider your feedback in our plans moving forward.

Found 55 reviews