Chandler Macleod Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2022

Found 125 of over 178 reviews

4.0
Chandler Macleod CEO Peter Acheson (no image)
Peter Acheson
Pros
  • "great people working here, would recomend(in 9 reviews)

• "Great way to learn the ropes of recruitment & HR(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor management, no support and unrealistic expectations(in 6 reviews)

• "Performance management from Chandler over the top(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This was only a temporary job but I loved it!!

Jun 8, 2022 - Marshall
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay! Great hours! A cruisy job! And I got to meet some really awesome people as well!!

Cons

I didn’t come across any downside to working for the company whilst I was employed by them.

GM, Marketing

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback, it is really helpful, and we really appreciate it. We're glad you had a great experience in your temporary role with us and that you recommend us a great place to work . We always have job opportunities open that might be a match for you. We encourage you to look at our jobs page at https://www.chandlermacleod.com/jobs or get in contact with your recruitment consultant from your previous role who we’re sure is happy to help you find another role that will bring out your best!

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst experience of my career

Jul 20, 2022 - Health and Safety Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Couldn’t think of even one!!!!

Cons

The culture, lack of leadership support and everything is a marketing exercise rather than actually caring about their employees.

Marketing

Hello, thanks for your review and we’re sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. We will take your feedback on board as we are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction to not only empower our people but also the customers we support. Thanks again for your review. We wish you the best in your career.

3. 3.0

Sink or swim with little support

Jun 22, 2022 - Senior Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid the bills which was a possitive

Cons

Sink or swim with little support

GM, Marketing

Hello, thanks for your constructive feedback, we really appreciate it. We strive to foster a supportive work environment for all our employees and are always looking at way on how can improve. We would also like to understand what happened so please feel free to get in touch with us. We will do our best to help you.

4. 5.0

Chandler Macleod

Jun 5, 2022 - General Manager NSW/ACT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large organisation Lot of infrastructure and support to front line staff to help them to succeed Well known brand Good culture People oriented business

Cons

Running a bit skinny on people - needs to employ more recruiters.

GM, Marketing

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience working with us and we’re glad you’re enjoying being part of our team & recommend us as a great place to work. If you have any questions regarding your role, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again for your lovely feedback and have a great day!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work with good Hybrid working options

May 10, 2022 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Chandler Macleod - leading the way with hybrid working and allowing you to flourish regardless of the environment. - Opportunities for progression and advancement available but you do need to seek these out and prove your ability - don't expect to be handed them. - New technology now being rolled out not only hardware but new system platforms to improve the way of working which is exciting to see. -Very Collaborative environment

Cons

- Technology has been problematic in the past

GM, Marketing

Hello, thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is really helpful and we appreciate it! It's good to see that you've been with us for over 20 years and that you have grown your career with us! We have taken on your feedback as we are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction to not only empower our people but also the customers we support.

6. 5.0

Great

Mar 31, 2022 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team, culture, environment, boss, pay

Cons

All good nothing that i can think of complaining

GM, Marketing

Hello, Thank you for your taking the time to leave us positive feedback and for recommending us as a great place to work, we really appreciate it! Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

My favourite place I’ve worked

Mar 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Adelaide
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming in with no recruitment experience, the team was so welcoming and I learnt so much in a small timeframe. Genuinely interesting and rewarding work. Get to meet so many people and really take control of your job orders. Loved this job, my coworkers and manager so much.

Cons

Pay a bit below market

GM, Marketing

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we really appreciate it. We're glad you had a great experience in your role with us. We wish you all the best in your career. Have a great day and thanks again!

8. 4.0

Great work life balance

Mar 17, 2022 - Senior Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Easy to use systems Supportive Internal hiring/promotion CEO is very supportive and transparent with monthly meetings Rewarding role

Cons

Pay rates not equal or on par with others in same positions with my position advertised for 20k to 35k higher IT equipment out dated however they have advised that they are replacing for over a year now Managers promise the world but don't deliver when it comes to progression/pay rises etc Bonus/incentive isn't an incentive at all as you need a mathematics degree to work out how it works

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great career opportunity

Feb 7, 2022 - Senior Staffing Coordinator in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Chandler Macleod has been amazing! My manager has always been supportive of my growth and direction I wanted to go with my career. I have developed my job into a career over the last 9 years and it won't stop here. The people I work with are amazing and there is always a fun, happy, supportive environment.

Cons

While some of the IT causes issues I know we as a business are working together to make improvements in this area.

GM, Marketing

Hello, Thanks for your feedback and recommending us as a great place to work - we really appreciate it! We have taken on your feedback as we are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction to not only empower our people but also the customers we support.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it

Jan 20, 2022 - Recruitment Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, Welcoming environment, Great onboarding, Supportive culture, Your personal growth and career progression is taken into account, Flexibility to WFH with set up provided, Social nights out, Clear targets and direction to help you achieve your goals

Cons

The company is large but you don't get to really interact with other States/departments as much

GM, Marketing

Thank you for leaving a lovely constructive review and for your kind words! It makes us very happy here at Chandler Macleod that you're having a positive experience with us. We are continuously working on ways we can improve overall employee satisfaction and processes to not only empower our people but also the customers we support. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews

Chandler Macleod Reviews FAQs

Chandler Macleod has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Chandler Macleod to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Chandler Macleod employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Chandler Macleod. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

83% of Chandler Macleod employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chandler Macleod 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Chandler Macleod to be workplace, culture, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, career development.

Popular Careers with Chandler Macleod Job Seekers