Check 'n Go Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Doug Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Check-N-Go takes care of employess offering a great benefit package and work/life balance" (in 16 reviews)

• "Hours are great for work home life" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate within company" (in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management does not care about you as a person they only care if you're making them money" (in 21 reviews)

1. "CSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job and company

Cons

pay, not enough hours,

Advice to Management

work with the current employees and not just the ones in management

2. "HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK! Stay away!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much. The hours, I guess.

Cons

EVERYTHING! They force you to make customers take out loans they KNOW they can’t afford and then punish you when those people can’t pay it back!

The management is AWFUL! Most of them are sleeping together, so unless your cool with sexual harassment, it’s not the place for you! HR complaints go unnoticed, so don’t even bother...they’ll just fire you for complaining.

Advice to Management

Run the business professionally!! Don’t make people have to sleep their way to top.

3. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Anderson, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Anderson, CA (US)

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job here at Check 'N Go and Allied Cash Advance. I work for some of the best people currently managing an Allied store. I loev my job so much because It gives me the opportunity to grow and learn in the financial/loaning buisness. It is also gives the most amoutn of time to spend with my kids! I work 9:45 to 6:30 Monday- Friday. I feel that they offer us amazing benefits, great pay, and all around good environment to work in. I am very thankful for this job I have and its been and will continue to be one of the best job oppertunities in my life. My Distric Directive really does care about each and every one of us that work under him and can tell when were starting to get over worked or worn out. He always has some super cool incentive for us! They give us pay raises yearly if you have excelled over the past year, You have the opportunity to go no where but up in this company, The 401k benefits are amazing.

Cons

I feel the only con is you need to be able to work with the general public and if you cant handle that your just not gonna do well.

Advice to Management

None.. They are all pretty cool and amazing.

24 Aug 2018 – Division Vice President

It’s great to see that you get so much out of your career with Check `n Go and Allied Cash Advance. Your experience describes exactly what we strive for with our EPIC belief system – which is built... More

"Store Manager"

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

Pay for managers is REALLY good!! Benefits are pretty good. Paid Vaca, Affordable Insurance, 401 K, Not working Sundays. Every other Sat off.

Cons

HORRIBLE hours for CSR. Working by yourself. HIGH stress. HORRIBLE pay for CSR's. Start out is great but raises a joke for CRS's. On your feet for possibly 12 hrs with no break including bathroom. No committing DDO's who lie to get what they want. Company doesn't care about the safety of their employees only the all mighty dollar. They'll work you on and off the clock with no remorse. You may or may not get a day off. Will replace you in the drop of a hat with someone who brown noses and is younger than you. If you're let go they give you ultimatums like "if you stay until the end of the week then we'll pay you severance." This is by phone at the end of a Friday night shift of working all by yourself. They don't care if you feel unsafe or not. Even had a DDO laugh at me that I was being threatened , didn't see why I needed to call the police. The Police felt different and said the guy that threatened me was known for violent behavior. I was escorted to my car that was sitting in the dark BTW. Parking lot was not always lit.

Advice to Management

Care for the safety of your employees like they are your immediate family. Be honest not skirt issues or just lie to your employees. Show no favoritism to younger, newer employees because they're kissing your butt. Value employees who have been with the company for a while. Take into consideration that they have been there sometimes longer than you. Use their knowledge not treat them like they are stupid. Don't' laugh at being threatened by an angry customer. MOST OF ALL, get better camera's, lit parking lots. Maybe have escorted bank runs on the day after busy days. YOU NEED more security!! TWO workers at all times would be helpful.

"“Manager”"

I worked at Check 'n Go (More than a year)

Pros

You basically work by yourself.

Cons

You work alone, so on busy days it all falls on you. Turn over rate is high. You can be a manager over night. It’s really nothing to it.

6. "Manager"

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to assist customers in need of financial services

Cons

To much political bs..who you know not what you know

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally.. same issue with employees should have same consequences and it doesnt..labor model sucks

7. "Retail Store Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started but I absolutely love the culture, the love of people (both customers and employees) and the vision. There is a lot of help coming from the peers but also from upper management. Constant positive reinforcement and good vibes all around.

Cons

Honestly I don’t have any cons as of now

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. I never would have thought management could be this great.

25 Jul 2018 – Division Vice President

Thanks for the positive feedback. One of the things our associates are best known for is the strong relationships we form with our customers. That emphasis on relationships holds true inside the... More

8. "CSR"

Current Employee - Store Associate
    Current Employee - Store Associate

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cant beat the schedule.

Cons

Stressful, pay is not good, favoritism

24 Aug 2018 – Division Vice President

Although we’re disappointed that you don’t recommend us, it’s good to see that you appreciate the scheduling. Many of our customers come to us because they’re facing a financial emergency. While... More

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO. Dental and medical benefits

Cons

Check N’ Go was one of the worst places I have ever been employed at. I was left to work alone 90% of the time. This made it extremely difficult to take breaks or even use the restroom. We were all expected to cover other stores when people would call out except for the district managers favorites. Every morning we had mandatory Skype meetings where we had to recite scripts and waste 45 minutes doing nonsense. One person was expected to do it all. From doing deposits, buying supplies, cleaning the store, collection calls, helping customers and meeting goals. Too much work too little pay. These type of places should be out of business forcing your employees to push the maximum loans on customers that can not afford to pay your high interest loans back. Last check was paid two weeks late which is illegal in the state of California by the way. Save yourself the trouble and look else where.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing loan amounts that customers can not pay back. Get more help in the stores. It is unsafe to have one person working alone in a financial institution all day without proper security.

10. "Great company!!!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Decatur, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Decatur, AL (US)

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthy competitive environment, upper management takes suggestions from the field about what is a waste of time or what is working to drive results, managers have the ability to run their location based on store needs, work/life balance is great! Integrity is high throughout the entire company!

Cons

Can't think of a single con!!!!! Definitely the best company I have ever worked for in any industry!!!!!

24 Jul 2018 – President

It’s gratifying to see that your experience with Check `n Go has been so positive. Your comments reflect what we strive to be – a company that truly lives our EPIC belief system of valuing Ethics... More