Cielo Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 1 Sep 2020

3.6
Cielo Founder & CEO Sue Marks (no image)
Sue Marks
Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home, positive and fun culture, vast opportunity to grow, great leadership(in 45 reviews)

• "Excellent flexibility that allowed for optimizing work/life balance(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work load is high - lack of work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "I worked at this company when it was still called "Pinstripe" and I've seen dramatic, negative changes spanning over half a decade(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"recruitment industry recruitment industry recruitment industry"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Manila, Manila

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

high salary work life balance

Cons

no benefits in pandemic no benefits in pandemic

Corporate Communications Manager

Hello, this is Fiona Doyle, SVP of Talent Management. Thank you for your feedback. Our employee engagement survey launched this week and, as this is a key program, we would love to hear more of your input to ensure we consistently improve the employee experience across Cielo. Even in this fully-virtual environment, we have an "open-door" culture, so if ever you have feedback to share, please contact your leader or a member of the People & Culture team. You can contact me at any time at Fiona.Doyle@cielotalent.com or reach out through Teams. Thank you.

"No Transparency"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cielo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote work. Work life balance

Cons

Leadership and career advancement opportunities

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Dan Bates, SVP of Operations. I’m disappointed to read you haven’t experienced transparent communication from your manager. Our transparency is actually something I hear over and over as a positive from our team members. Through our Weekly Wrap-up newsletter, CEO and President emails about our business during the pandemic, weekly team meetings, monthly 1on1s, quarterly All Team calls…..we work very hard to communicate as much as we can. It’s hard for me to comment without knowing the specifics of your situation, and I do want to ensure that we resolve this. Please reach out to me (Daniel.Bates@cielotalent.com) to talk more about your comments so we can enhance your experience with Cielo. Thank you!

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Advisor

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm fully satisfied working with Cielo over 2 years now. I'm assigned to 1 Client and I'm happy with work I have - interesting projects, possibility to constantly grow and develop. Work-life balance in 100%.

Cons

I woulnd't point any problems or difficulties.

Corporate Communications Manager

Hello, this is Fiona Doyle, SVP - Talent Management. Thank you for sharing your experience. We really value the feedback which helps us to understand the positive experiences of our employees. If ever you have more to share, please reach out to me at any time at Fiona.Doyle@cielotalent.com.

"Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

growth opportunities, annual bonuses, work/life balance, remote opportunities

Cons

average benefits, PTO "use it or lose it"

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services. I’m glad to read you’ve found opportunity for growth at Cielo and more importantly, that the flexibility we offer has helped you to create a sense of work/life balance. I also want to thank you for taking a moment to share positive feedback, with a balance of what more we can be doing! As for the PTO, we do allow you to roll over up to 40 hours each year. It just has to be used by March 15 of the following year. With your tenure, I know you have a lot of weeks to use and I highly encourage you to prioritize taking that time! If you have any other feedback to share or questions I can answer, please reach out to me any time through Teams or tara.cassady@cielotalent.com. Thank you for your feedback!

"lack of work life balance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Cielo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some great people Had a good leader enhanced my skills

Cons

Work load is high - lack of work/life balance No career path/leadership training for Sr Recruiters Entry level recruiters replacing more tenured employees due to cost Sr leadership is very removed from what is going on in the front line All about the bottom line Low salaries Some people allowed to work from home, others are not

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the people you worked with, had a great leader and developed your skills at Cielo. We do work hard and expect a lot of ourselves. Our goal is to empower employees to find their own sense of work/life balance through offering flexibility with benefits like having the ability to work from home, flexible work hours and a generous PTO package. What we do is rewarding and I hope that you realize the impact you had in the time you were here. I’m disappointed to read that you felt that the senior management is disconnected from the front line. My leaders and I work hard to help all employees feel engaged and I’m sorry if that was not the case for you. I know you’ve already left, but if you have any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experience, please reach out any time at tara.cassady@cielotalent.com. Best of luck in your next role. I hope the skills you developed at Cielo serve you well, and continue to grow.

"Appalling Culture and Management"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cielo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only things that was positive was flexible work life balance.

Cons

Like many of the reviews, 100% the Culture when it comes to HR policies and procedures are very American. Management lack to show any support towards their teams and a lot of employees are quick to throw one another under the bus. And that is even if you go above and beyond the expectation of your role. The type of people that they hire into the business have no clue on how to run RPO’s or MSP’s or even recruit, and internal progression is non existent even if you have been there for a length of time. Almost every single account manager delegates work, takes credit for work not produced by them and then either dismisses you or stabs you in the back when things are going wrong. Bonuses are literally non existent, and you don’t actually start earning any for of this until 9 months into the position, and most long standing employees have never received the full amount. They have some amazing clients that they work with but they allow the client to have full control of the processes and too quick to say yes, rather then pushing back.

Corporate Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your review. I am really concerned as your comments don't align with our culture and it is not feedback that has come to my attention before now as the leader of HR for EMEA. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you to learn more. Please contact me at Fiona.Doyle@cielotalent.com.

"Hands down, the worst company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator

I worked at Cielo full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had some great team members.

Cons

Leadership and SDO leads have no idea how to run their accounts. Due to the SDO model, the leads are incredibly unethical and retaliate against any employee that does not behave like a robot. There are empty promises of "we promote if you work hard" when teams are understaffed and teams are literally on the verge of nervous breakdowns due to the workload. Cielo preaches work life balance, but that could not be further from the truth. If you are a favorite, you may move up. If you express concerns you are retaliated against, and if you continue to raise concerns you are further scrutinized and retaliated against further to the point of job loss. Cielo is shipping all lower level positions over seas, and lay offs are a constant. Run far away from this company!!!

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Marissa Geist, COO. This is hard to read, especially because the objective of the work we’re doing with Level Up and our Operating Model is to alleviate some of the challenges you mention. Changing the way we work will not only enable us to better meet our customers’ needs, but also help us to better manage workloads across the teams. We know our people are what make Cielo great, and value the talent each of them bring to work every single day, which is why we want to work smarter and do what we can do free up time in their days to focus on the work that matters most – they work they love the most. We did have to make the difficult decision to eliminate some positions last month as we aim to balance our global workforce, and we did a lot to take care of the impacted individuals to help them manage through the transition. We offered a significant notice period and some additional benefits to provide stability and aid in their job search. As far as account transitions go, when they happen, we do everything we can to find positions internally for our employees. In the long-term, changing the way we work will help us to stabilize workloads across teams, and will open the opportunity for us to invest more in our people – more opportunities for learning and development, enhanced benefits, recognition and workplace improvements. If you’d like to talk more, I’m available any time at marissa.geist@cielotalent.com or 262-754-5343.

"Great Place to Learn/Grow and Create Your Own Success"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Cielo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Love the flexibility in working at Cielo, remote options available, great work life balance - Challenging career where you can really create your own success and define what your future looks like - Access to leadership is wonderful

Cons

- Extremely RPO focused, so if you are not on that side of the company they don't pay as much attention to your group

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Marissa Geist, Chief Operating Officer. Thank you for your enthusiastic review, and for your constructive feedback. RPO does tend to get more attention than our other services, but we know that all the services we offer and every employee who supports those services are critical to the solutions we deliver to our clients. As the breadth of our services continues to grow, I see your point about needing to balance our focus, and appreciate your desire to strengthen internal partnerships. If you’d ever like to talk more about this or your overall experience at Cielo, please visit me on the 4th floor in Brookfield or send me an email at marissa.geist@cielotalent.com.

"Good place to start your HR Career!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Former Employee in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-If you are on a client team, in particular part of the SDO team, the management really cares about your career growth and development along with you as a person. -Bi-weekly touch base with your manager which really helps strengthen your relationship. -Work/life balance -Ability to work remote, huge plus! -Good place to get started in your HR career and get the experience other companies will require down the road. -Good amount of PTO given up front, starting at 15 days, followed by 20 days after your 2 year mark

Cons

-Micro managing, passive emails about your performance. At times it was discouraging to receive not a whole lot of positive encouragement (not on the client side, particularly on the onboarding team, Bridge). -Not a whole lot of room to advance if you are looking to grow in HR. Very limited movement. -Incredibly low compensation, health insurance is very expensive, no company Christmas party/any celebrations. -No recognition of accomplishments such as birthdays and work anniversary. -Very high turn over -No sick time, this comes out of your PTO bank -Not a very good employer match to your retirement fund -Not much of a tuition reimbursement if you want to further your education to help with your career -Not really sure how Cielo wins all these awards for best work place, etc.

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Dan Bates, SVP of Operations. Thank you for your 3+ years of service, and for your balanced feedback. I’m happy to read that you found Cielo a great place to start your career. Everything you describe about being a “pro” to working here is what drew me to Cielo and frankly, a lot of what keeps me here, along with our amazing people. Celebration and recognition are at the core of our culture, so I’m sorry we fell short in these areas for you. We do a lot to celebrate our accomplishments, and to spend time together – during our All Hands social hours, Halloween festivities, holiday cookie exchange, and regular team events. And recognize performance and tenure through our HITOP program, recognition boards/magnets, gift cards, Cielo swag, and more. We consistently review our total rewards program, including compensation and benefits to ensure we remain competitive and that we continue to attract and retain top talent – we want everyone to feel valued and appreciated! We’re always listening and learning from feedback we hear on platforms like this, through our experience surveys, our Leader Lunch/Coffee sessions, and regular meetings and conversations. We take all of it into consideration as we strive to make Cielo an even better place to work. I wish you the best with your career.

10. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Cielo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Approachable and Accessible Leadership Opportunity for Growth, personal and professional Open Minded Flexible work environment Work Life Balance Work Visibility Clear Career Paths Close Teams

Cons

If you are looking for an easy, minimum effort career, this company is not for you. Be ready to be surrounded by hardworking team members.

Corporate Communications Manager

Hello, this is Dan Bates, SVP of Operations. Thank you for your balanced review. That's quite the list of "pros" and I could not agree more! You're right that this culture is not for everyone. We move at a fast pace and no day is the same, but we're on this journey with an incredible team of hard-working people who are changing lives every day!

Found 74 reviews