Cielo Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 80 of over 788 reviews

3.9
Cielo Founder & CEO Sue Marks (no image)
Sue Marks
Pros
  • "Excellent flexibility that allowed for optimizing work/life balance(in 49 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and work from home(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance is critical there(in 31 reviews)

• "I worked at this company when it was still called "Pinstripe" and I've seen dramatic, negative changes spanning over half a decade(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work life balance at Cielo

Cons

Pay isnt as competitive as it could be

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not too bad

Dec 27, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working remotely, provide laptop to perform the job, and good work-life balance.

Cons

Low pay, growth, and development are limited, low vacation accrual.

2 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Dan Bates, SVP of Global Operations. I’m happy to read that your role gave you the flexibility you need to find a sense of work/life balance. I have to say I’m surprised to read some of your other comments. We do review our compensation plan on an ongoing basis to ensure we remain competitive in the market, and there is so much opportunity for development here. We have individual develop plans, recruiter training, a robust training curriculum and fantastic on-the-job growth opportunities and projects. I’m sorry you didn’t get a chance to fully realize your potential at Cielo. Vacation accrual is very generous, too. I see that you’ve already left but if you’d like to share more about your experience, please reach out to me any time at Daniel.Bates@cielotalent.com or 262-439-1294.

3. 5.0

Recruitment advisor

Dec 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Work Recognition Ownership of Work Transparent process Flat Hierarchy

Cons

None to mention. I am a satisfied employee

Corporate Communications Manager

Many thanks for your feedback. I am really pleased that you have a positive work life balance and feel recognized, as these are really important to us at Cielo.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

"Pro Employee"

Nov 18, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Manila, Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance, good culture, career progression,

Cons

Stability of accounts being supported

Corporate Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. 2020 was an interesting year that saw some highs and lows in some of our client accounts as they managed through the pandemic. We are pleased that stability has returned to these accounts now, but if you have any concerns please follow up with your manager.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good Company

Dec 2, 2020 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has Good Work Culture.

Cons

work life balance is critical there.

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Paula Parfitt, EVP of Go to Market. Thank you for sharing your feedback. One of our primary focus areas is to support our employees and provide flexibility in the work environment, especially during the current time. If you have personal concerns that you do not have a reasonable balance between work and personal, I would really encourage you to speak with your manager, or contact me personally for a confidential chat. You can message me through Teams or send me an email at paula.parfitt@cielotalent.com.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A wonderful place to work

Oct 9, 2020 - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

advancement, diversity, opportunities, work life balance, ceo

Cons

pay, work load, pressure, stress

1 person found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Manager

Hello, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services for North America. You’ve seen this company go through a lot of growth and change during your time here. I’m glad to read you’ve seen opportunity for advancement, recognized our diverse culture and found a sense of flexibility between work and life. I personally don’t think there such thing as balance when it comes to this. Sometimes works demand creates too much stress and sometimes life creates too much stress! We need flexibility to prioritize. This actually relates a bit to the cons you mentioned. I do recognize that we expect a lot of ourselves and the workloads can be stressful at times. It’s important that we all advocate for ourselves – be sure to stay in communication with your manager so they can help to better balance the workload across the team. This year has been particularly stressful, and we want everyone to know we’re here to support you and will accommodate the flexibility you need! If you have questions or want to talk more, you can reach out to me any time at Tara.Cassady@cielotalent.com or send me a message via Teams. Have a great day!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Pros and cons

Sep 20, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is fair, benefits are improving

Cons

Work life balance, 401k matching is insignificant and is currently suspended. Company makes impactful changes quickly without thinking through the impact these changes will have on the clients/accounts/staff who have to manage through constant turmoil and change

6 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services. With 8-10 years at the company, you’ve surely made an incredible impact – thank you! And you’ve also seen us go through a lot of change, which I admit can be a lot to handle at times. If ever you have feedback to share about changes being made, please be sure to connect with your leader or contact me directly and I’m happy to answer any questions. With respect to your comments about the 401k…if you check your account, you’ll see that the match never went away. I apologize if we didn’t make that clear. Increasing Cielo’s contribution percentage is on the list of benefits we’d like to enhance, and we’ll continue to review that as part of our Total Rewards package. I recognize that our workload can be heavy at times, but it’s especially important right now that we make time in our day to find balance and most importantly, to make time for ourselves. If we can help with prioritizing your workload, please connect with your leader, call me over Teams or send me an email at Tara.Cassady@cielotalent.com. I’ll be sure pass along your comments to CEO Sue Marks 😊

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

recruitment industry recruitment industry recruitment industry

Sep 1, 2020 - Sourcing Specialist in Manila, Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

high salary work life balance

Cons

no benefits in pandemic no benefits in pandemic

Corporate Communications Manager

Hello, this is Fiona Doyle, SVP of Talent Management. Thank you for your feedback. Our employee engagement survey launched this week and, as this is a key program, we would love to hear more of your input to ensure we consistently improve the employee experience across Cielo. Even in this fully-virtual environment, we have an "open-door" culture, so if ever you have feedback to share, please contact your leader or a member of the People & Culture team. You can contact me at any time at Fiona.Doyle@cielotalent.com or reach out through Teams. Thank you.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No Transparency

Aug 17, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work. Work life balance

Cons

Leadership and career advancement opportunities

3 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Dan Bates, SVP of Operations. I’m disappointed to read you haven’t experienced transparent communication from your manager. Our transparency is actually something I hear over and over as a positive from our team members. Through our Weekly Wrap-up newsletter, CEO and President emails about our business during the pandemic, weekly team meetings, monthly 1on1s, quarterly All Team calls…..we work very hard to communicate as much as we can. It’s hard for me to comment without knowing the specifics of your situation, and I do want to ensure that we resolve this. Please reach out to me (Daniel.Bates@cielotalent.com) to talk more about your comments so we can enhance your experience with Cielo. Thank you!

10. 5.0

Great place to work

May 14, 2020 - Senior Recruitment Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm fully satisfied working with Cielo over 2 years now. I'm assigned to 1 Client and I'm happy with work I have - interesting projects, possibility to constantly grow and develop. Work-life balance in 100%.

Cons

I woulnd't point any problems or difficulties.

Corporate Communications Manager

Hello, this is Fiona Doyle, SVP - Talent Management. Thank you for sharing your experience. We really value the feedback which helps us to understand the positive experiences of our employees. If ever you have more to share, please reach out to me at any time at Fiona.Doyle@cielotalent.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews