Cirrus Logic Employee Reviews about "austin"

Updated 23 Oct 2018

4.4
Cirrus Logic President, CEO, and Director Jason P. Rhode
Jason P. Rhode
Pros
  • "Cirrus has a relaxed work environment and does a great job of hiring hard-working people who help each other succeed(in 16 reviews)

• "Nice perks (happy hours, concert tix, etc)(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you don’t work in Austin then your site can feel like its poor cousin(in 9 reviews)

• "Need diversification and not focus only on one customer(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "austin"

Return to all Reviews

"Cirrus really cares about its staff, but there are structural problems"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are excellent. Everything you need to do your job is provided and lots of training is available. Business class for intercontinental travel is standard. Staff are well motivated and excited about what Cirrus makes. CEO worked his way up from an individual contributor role and is very down-to-earth. Office environment is good (but open plan). Management structure is broad and flat, and there are lots of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

If you don’t work in Austin then your site can feel like its poor cousin. There is a ‘not made in Austin’ culture that pervades Cirrus and innovating at other sites can be difficult. There is some concern over Cirrus’s long-term strategy.

October 29, 2018Corporate Communications Publisher

We appreciate the time you gave to provide well-intended feedback. It's always great to hear when employees appreciate the corporate culture and their work environment and are excited about the work that they do. There's always room for improvement -- we are listening! Thank you again!

"Great perks, engaged CEO, friendly co-workers"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time

Pros

* happy hour every Friday, regular music performances within company premises, tons of free food! * cannot think of a better place for a new college graduate in the VLSI space in Austin * light touch employee bringup model - new employees can learn a lot, and also expect to be given crucial responsibilities

Cons

* for senior engineers who choose to stay in the technical ladder, the growth model can seem rather fuzzy * for extremely passionate engineers, depending on the team, the work can get a bit repetitive after a while

October 30, 2017Corporate Communications Publisher

Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

"Good Company to work with"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very employee friendly environment, well managed with clear goal for each group.

Cons

Heavy traffic to go to work in downtown Austin.

May 23, 2017Corporate Communications Publisher

We've put a lot of emphasis in recent years toward our family-oriented programs, and it's great to know that our employees value that family-friendly atmosphere. While we can't do much about the traffic situation overall, as many people know we're heavily involved in providing solutions for our employees to help make the commute easier. These include a park-and-ride style shuttle from South Austin and the downtown shuttle that provides transportation for employees from the train station to the company's locations. We continue to look at additional transportation solutions to help employees get to work each day, while also helping to reduce Austin's traffic congestion. Thanks for taking the time to give a review!

4. "Great work and work-life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits like parties, happy hour, and fitness classes. Company is growing and building a campus downtown. Work is challenging and fun. Coworkers form a good team.

Cons

Consumer electronics ICs is a tough business: demanding customers, lots of competitors. Austin is expensive for Texas and presents a commuting challenge.

May 23, 2017Corporate Communications Publisher

Excellent review! As the worldwide leader in audio and voice ICs and software, its Cirrus Logic's employees that have met every challenge, continue to innovate and build a great company culture. Traffic in Austin is quite the challenge, and in addition to our South Austin park and ride shuttle and offering reimbursement for trains and buses and other forms of alternative transportation, we continue to look at new solutions to help make the commute easier.

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great benefits, and good company values

Cons

Austin traffic, inconsistent work schedules

"Excellent corporate culture"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in Austin, and it deserves this rank. Free on-site happy hours every week, no dress code, on-site gym, wellness programs, incredible health benefits, live music monthly, fun/cool co-workers

Cons

The work-life balance can be brutal at times dependent upon client needs.

Continue reading

"Definitely you can find a better company!"

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time

Pros

I don't see any pros compared to other companies.

Cons

There is no future for you and your career. There is no well defined criteria that how they promote your level. You stuck at your level for infinite time till you leave. Salaries are not competitive. Other companies in Austin area pay more for the same job . Lots of stress and work. Job security is almost zero. Management is not professional and they lack the required technical skills.

"Fun company culture, downtown HQ, great management."

Former Intern - CAD Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic for less than a year

Pros

My supervisor here was one of the best I've ever had - technically skilled, great at keeping meetings focused and on track, approachable, and firm. The management structure is very flat - there are only a couple of levels from entry-level groups to the CEO, which makes for a responsive organization and a small-company feel. Plenty of perks: tickets to ACL and local shows, happy hour every Friday, and relaxed work hours.

Cons

Not very well-recognized, even within Austin. Can be some awkwardness between people who really enjoy the "fun" culture and more serious-minded employees who just want to work and go home.

Continue reading

"A culture and management that only encourages obedient workers"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Laid back culture. You don't really get held responsible for failing to deliver results especially when the project & customer you work for is other than the one biggest customer. You'll be fine as long as you remain as an obedient worker. Just don't be too vocal against middle-high management. Nice to work with people in Austin. Cool and friendly people. Work/Life balance is great.

Cons

Absolutely do not work for its field offices. Not a place for career growth. All the field offices have been down graded in terms of size after a couple of layoffs. All field offices are meant to carry the minimum functions for local operations. And you don't get to work with top talents at all in the field office because of the strategies and philosophy they recruit people in Asia (for the minimum functions and responsibilities). All engineering, marketing and operations are kept in the corp in Austin.

Continue reading

"Should be so much more"

2.0
    Current Employee -  in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. Most have enough experience to be great sources of information Challenging work that results in real-world products Great perks (ie ACL and SXSW tickets. Nice annual company picnic) Re-imbursement for public transportation Decent benefits Downtown Austin location

Cons

Serious schedule pressures result in an over-worked staff. No time for vacation. Not paid for PTO that is accrued over maximum. Some managers are completely unprofessional and childish. Upper management plays favorites. If you weren't around during the lean-times, you're not worthy of promotion. We can't all be drinking buddies. Review process is unfair. If you are going to be so selective about hiring the best engineers, asserting 30% "needs improvement" is just plain silly and non-motivational. Minuscule raises

Found 15 reviews