Cirrus Logic Employee Reviews about "happy hours"

Updated 25 Jan 2019

4.4
Cirrus Logic President, CEO, and Director Jason P. Rhode
Jason P. Rhode
Pros
  • "Cirrus has a relaxed work environment and does a great job of hiring hard-working people who help each other succeed(in 16 reviews)

• "Nice perks (happy hours, concert tix, etc)(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you don’t work in Austin then your site can feel like its poor cousin(in 9 reviews)

• "Need diversification and not focus only on one customer(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "happy hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good culture and career improvement"

Current Employee - Linux Administrator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many benefits focus on helping further your abilities Weekly Happy Hours Casual work environment Downtown location and parking "No Jerks" policy

Cons

Business success is often tied to success of largest client.

2. "Good place to work, would recommend"

4.0

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time

Pros

-Competitive pay -Care about their employees -Work life balance is better than most -Good benefits -Nice perks (happy hours, concert tix, etc)

Cons

-Working from home generally frowned upon.

Cirrus Logic Response

October 15, 2018Corporate Communications Publisher

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review!

"Mixed Signal IC Validation Intern"

Current Intern - Mixed Signal Validation Engineer in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cirrus Logic for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed work atmosphere and Happy hours every week is quite fun

Cons

Its a small company so the job opportunities after interning there are relatively less

"great perks but highly political"

Former Employee - Product Development in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great perks step inside the snack room and anything you find is free yearly theme park trips, weekly happy hours and numerous music concerts good growth, thanks to Apple

Cons

very political management people get fired left and right Managers can fire people just because ppl disagree with them I have seen 2 VPs get fired within 3 years and many Cirrus veterans thrown out just because the new VP or manager didn't like them

"Good but with flaws"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good benefits -Weekly happy hours -Opportunity to grow -Travel options -CEO is great

Cons

-Questionable practices -Management favoritism -Unable to see the forest for the trees

Continue reading

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good projects driven by strong customer demand and requirements. Good work culture. Good benefits and perks. Happy hours, rock concerts organized regularly. Guitar and fitness classes at work.

Cons

Commuting to downtown may be a hassle. Getting promoted up the hierarchy can take much longer than other companies. Tight deadlines and project schedules.

"Needs Improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great perks, such as: happy hours, free snacks & beverages, company events, healthcare and an awesome 401k matching program. Nice downtown location, easy commute if you live close to the area, but disastrous commute if you're far north or south. Easy to make friends with (most) coworkers.

Cons

No growth, and a lot of favoritism. Feels like any ideas, suggestions, or criticism that employees have are rebuffed or not seriously considered. So much hiring, but a lot of downtime. Feast or famine type of environment. Also, not a very friendly work environment for women, which may be a consequence of the industry, BUT it doesn't have to be.

Cirrus Logic Response

October 23, 2017Corporate Communications Publisher

Thanks for the review. We also agree that there’s lots to like about working here at Cirrus Logic, including the perks mentioned above. Not to mention our health and welfare benefits package, onsite gym and exercises classes, free guitar lessons, monthly employee concerts, free commuter transportation, our very own Innovations Conference, Cirrus Logic’s Kid’s Club, and the outreach and support we provide to the local community. And just to highlight a few other unique activities that we do for our employees and their families, we can’t forget events like the annual Halloween “Boo at the Zoo.” Cirrus Logic strives to create a great working environment for everyone, and the feedback we receive from employees through the Great Place to Work and the Workplace Dynamics/Austin American-Statesman employee surveys seem to indicate that overall we’re doing a pretty good job. And of course through our Connected Network group we’re active supporters of such organizations as the Society of Women’s Engineers, Women in Engineering Society (UK), GirlStart programs and the Texas Women’s Conference, to name a few. Finally, it’s worth noting that as of our most recent fiscal year, 2017, the company posted revenue growth of more than 25 percent for the third consecutive year.

"Excellent corporate culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in Austin, and it deserves this rank. Free on-site happy hours every week, no dress code, on-site gym, wellness programs, incredible health benefits, live music monthly, fun/cool co-workers

Cons

The work-life balance can be brutal at times dependent upon client needs.

"Mixed Signal Intern"

Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer (Analog) in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic

Pros

Free tix, beer, happy hours etc, to attract interns to join full time should they be offered.

Cons

The worst work-life balance, constant stress from layoffs (3 last year), unresponsive managers, and concentration on just one customer. Tier 2 managers are somewhat lazy, and are only around to make sure they can let people know their fate literally hangs in the balance. Forget Engg, even the HR got laid off here.

10. "Software Intern"

Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic

Pros

Really great work environment, lots of perks, lots of intern events, happy hours on Fridays.

Cons

Sometimes bored during the day. This is mostly because of the work I was doing though, nothing to do with my coworkers or the company itself, both of whom were great.

Found 16 reviews