Cisco Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3,065 Ratings

12,661 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be poor in certain groups / certain times (in 408 reviews)

• Internal complexity and operational challenges of any big company (in 333 reviews)

1. "Business Development Manager"

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

technology leader with renovation, good life-work balance,

Cons

increasing competition, too large to be creative enough

2. "Engineer Customer support"

Pros

Great people to work with, outstanding management team, compensation and benefits were also great.

Cons

Unfortunately my team was made redundant due to a customer not renewing, was given a generous payout. Only criticism is that there was little done to get a new role within Cisco.

Advice to Management

When good staff are let go through no fault of their own, extra effort should be made to retain those staff.

"Customer support Engineer"

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

Exposure to lots of new technologies

Cons

Very stressful and micro management

Advice to Management

So much micro management in the TAC

5. "Great opportunity with giant company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Cal Lal
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Cal Lal

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With great opportunity we got the chance to enhance our knowledge, experience and many more. We have a chance to work with great minds.

Cons

Interview is not so easy, focused preparations of interview wants to crack. And for continue in the company we have to do regular work for it

6. "Review"

Current Employee - General Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - General Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Life balance
    Great culture and people

Cons

Big company
    succession planning can be challenging

Advice to Management

Noting I can think of at this time

7. "Cisco High Touch Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cisco is a great company to work for. Conditions of employment are great , lots of perks (health care, etc), and opportunities to help develop your own skills, generally pretty fair pay rates, lots of flexibility of manage your work/life balance. Of course, the Cisco 'ask' is that you work to the best of your ability to service the customer and the company, in that order. As a Customer Success Manager, my role is to help our customers consume the Cisco products that they have bought; though not in a 'break-fix' sense. More so in working with the customer to aid and guide them, whilst orchestrating the services and support they may need to get the best from the platform, in the context of the customers organisation. Its a very satisfying role.

Cons

Like any large company, Cisco is sometimes difficult to navigate, and is often driven by process, to achieve consistent outcomes. Fortunately, there are generally provisions in-built for 'exceptions to process' in order to meet a specific customer circumstance.

Advice to Management

Better manage the influx of new platforms into the internal and customer spaces, enhancing the New Product introduction approach. (Though of course thats easier said than done when developing technically complex, leading edge platforms in a competitive environment).

8. "Project manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, good infrastructure, work life balance.

Cons

Less Pay, politics, less growth.

9. "Working for the leader and the pioneer to change the way we all work, live, learn and play"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Joined at the right time where the team was just growing.
    you are empowered to use your competence and skills to improve the process and participate in the change.
    Change is the normal and the constant here at Cisco. you should not expect to work in a boring stuff.
    you have the opportunity to learn many technologies and not only that but you are able to learn business and how to innovate and do things differently.
    you are able to be certified at any level. Honestly the list can go more ..

Cons

Cisco is a beast, which means you need to find your way on how to sell and promote yourself from within. And sometimes different department works as Silos so you have to create your own way of working.

Advice to Management

Make more efforts around and create synergies between different organisations.

10. "Encouraging Innovation, Inspiring Performance"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cisco has a strong brand for good reason, our technology creates the industry benchmark.
    Cisco encourages innovation, and as a result we are continuously improving and creating relevant products & solutions across vertical industry & market segments.
    Collaboration is encouraged, and making use of the tools allows the individuals the flexibility of managing our personal lives, whilst still being inspired to overachieve in this highly competitive business.
    The learning & exposure opportunities are endless, and in the right markets there is a huge opportunity to grow.
    Cisco has exceptional leaders, creating a solid vision, where the technologists can innovate, and the sales & engineers can expect the technology to work as expected.

Cons

The expectations on achieving sales objectives can sometime be ruthless, and having one bad year could compromise your role in the company. The trends of constant restructures & reorganisations is negatively impacting on the employees moral.

Advice to Management

Whilst people attrition is deemed to be good by allowing young talent into a company, the excessive retrenchments which has trended in recent times does impact on the culture of the company and the moral of the staff.

Cisco Systems Response

1 Dec 2017 – HR Representative

Thank you for your review and more than 5 years with Cisco! Glad to have you with us. +1 to all your pros. I'm optimistic that the reorganizations are going to slow down as Cisco continues to... More

11. "Great place to work for grads"

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

Joining as a graduate and having been part of other graduate roles with other companies that I won't name, Cisco really devotes a lot of time to training and developing their employees. The interview process did not accurately reflect the culture that lies within Cisco, one that truely cares and provides meaningful work.

As someone who struggled with the quarter life crisis, wondering if a terrible 9-5 job for the rest of my life in 'mundane corporate' doing pretty much nothing but pretending to look busy whilst shuffling numbers on spreadsheets or doing meaningless presentations no one cares about, Cisco definitely changed my perspective on corporate life.

The work is meaningful, it gives me purpose, and whilst it is challenging, you are adequately rewarded and then some. The people are excellent and if you are passionate about technology, this is the place to be. A moral and ethical company, I strongly feel that Cisco is a great place to work. I highly recommend to anyone who were overachievers in high school and university who feel like their talent is wasted at other companies to apply to Cisco as they will push you to your best.

Cons

There is some cons to mention however. Again and again, I keep seeing people who are toxic to the organisation promoted. Positive encouragement and a flexible culture should be fostered and those that promote this culture of pushing boundaries, thinking outside the box, creativity, and making decisions with a bit of gut should be moved forward. Those who hold a traditional view of the office, making every i is dotted and every t is crossed, with their archaic ways and no value add to the company should be kept in positions where they have no influence over the culture or better, removed.

Advice to Management

Have a more thorough vetting process to ascertain that an individual's values in the workplace align with that of Cisco's strategic direction and culture before placing them in such a position.

Showing 12,661 of 13,997 reviews