Co-op CTM Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Steve Murrells
  1. "It could be better"

Former Employee - CTM in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at Co-op full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is pretty easy, and I've been fortunate enough to meet some amazing people along the way. There's also 10% discount which is nice. The training process was great too.

Cons

The company being too stingy to provide security. They recently brought out an app called 'Pay In Aisle', which has escalated thefts, despite our protest. It created an unsafe environment, and I have been threatened a multitude of times. Also, there's a lot of gossiping. This is in every Co Op. It's a very childish environment at times. The management have favourites and show it. If you make a mistake, management will...

Advice to Management

If you're going to bring out new apps that will potentially disrupt the safety of your staff, then provide security at the very least. It's a very dangerous environment and thieves know it's easy to take advantage of due to there being no security. All we have is a ridiculous tannoy system where someone miles away will tell them to leave! It's useless!! Pay your staff the wages they deserve, for all the hard work they...

Co-op2019-08-13

August 16, 2019

Thanks very much for your review. We are really sorry to hear about your experience with Pay in Aisle and this is not typical of our other stores. We will make sure we feed this back to the relevant department. Colleague safety is so important to us. Our safer colleagues, safer communities ...

2. "Bad management"

Former Employee - CTM

I worked at Co-op part-time for less than a year

Pros

Availability of overtime was high

Cons

Management ridiculously strict with holidays, left alone on tills even when busy

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Co-op2019-06-25

June 26, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We always advise our employees to discuss any issues with their managers and if this is not possible then we have a supportive HR team ready to help.

3. "CTM"

Current Employee - CTM in Portsmouth, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours Good pay for what you do

Cons

Won’t give you set regular hours everyday e.g 10-6 Monday- thursday

Advice to Management

Expect the same standard of work from everyone, don’t let people that are lazy get away with being on the tills all the time

Co-op2019-05-12

May 31, 2019

Thanks for your review and recommending the Co-op. We are happy that you are pleased with your flexible working hours and pay.

4. "Ok for a short time"

Current Employee - CTM

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than a year

Pros

First official job so enjoyed it for a year or so

Cons

Classic retail situation, team members aren't valued

Co-op2019-05-23

May 31, 2019

Thank you very much for your review. Our employees are our number one priority and we are sorry that you are currently feeling undervalued. We would always advise having a chat with your manager.

5. "Good Part Time Work"

Current Employee - CTM in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Support local causes and charities Flexible working hours Friendly colleagues and management

Cons

Dealing with drug users Too much overtime

Advice to Management

Stricter policies on dealing with the drug users and thieves that come into stores

Co-op2019-02-02

February 4, 2019.

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you are aware of all the work Co-op does with local causes and charities, and that you are benefitting from flexible working hours. ^Sam

6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - CTM in Upholland, England

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work at events like Leeds festival and Download

Cons

Due to the shop being open late it means working some unsociable hours

Co-op2019-01-29

February 4, 2019.

Thank you for your review. It's pleasing to hear you enjoy working alongside your Co-op colleagues, and that you got to work at some great events. ^Sam

7. "Management is terrible"

Current Employee - CTM in London, England

I have been working at Co-op full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount Banter with staff Depending which managers is on it can be a fun shift

Cons

Managers only care about themselves. On a 8 hour shift in entitled to 2x15 minutes and 30 minutes, which you never gets. Managers seem to be except from certain rules, like serving family members, keeping stock to reduce later, you name it. Whatever you do its your fault, whether it was or not.

Advice to Management

Make sure store, team managers are following company policy. You keep replying about the employee assistance program, but the complains have been going on for years and nothing has been done.

Co-op2019-02-18
  8. "Poor Management People Skills"

Former Employee - CTM in New Mills, England

I worked at Co-op part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, Holidays, Very Friendly Helpful Staff Who Were Also Supportive

Cons

Management It is poor they can get away with bullying and harassment of staff. A few instances pay was altered leaving you with less than what you worked for if you challenged it you were met with intimidation and anger, holidays where difficult to get authorised as management made sure they got theirs in first, holiday diary was always hidden. You could be one of the best with customer service skills and management...

Advice to Management

Start Fresh With New Management

Co-op2018-12-08

February 4, 2019.

Thank you for your review. We have a zero-tolerance approach to harassment and bullying. You are able to call our Bullying and Harassment Hotline on 0844 728 0165 should you wish to discuss your experience. I wish you the best with your future career. ^Sam

9. "A lovely place to work, but has downfalls"

Current Employee - CTM in Eastleigh, England

I have been working at Co-op full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lovely team of colleagues. Management all get involved in work. Really can make good friends at work here. Lots of customer interaction.

Cons

Short staffed a lot of the time. Terrible self scans. Very little support from head office. Long hours. They rely too much on only a few members of the team. Everyone else can get away with what they want. Unreliable delivery times. Never get any visits from anyone from head office.

Advice to Management

Employ more staff. Put more hours back into the stores. Stop having 'favourote stores' while letting other stores suffer. Get rid of upgrade the selfscans.

Co-op2018-11-07

November 30, 2018.

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you recommend Coop as a place to work, and that you enjoy working alongside your colleagues. ^Sam

"CTM 2 years"

Former Employee - CTM

I worked at Co-op for more than a year

Pros

Flexible and friendly management (mostly) able to get a good work life balance. Never any issues with store manager he was always very helpful and approachable

Cons

Particular staff in my store were obvious favourites and full time staff were condescending and got away with murder

Advice to Management

Crack down on full time staffs mistakes instead of blaming part time staff for everything. Call out inappropriate behaviour

Co-op2018-08-03

October 22, 2018.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the work/life balance available to you. All the best with your future career. ^Sam.

Found 48 reviews