Coast Dental Services Reviews

Updated 23 Jul 2020

3.3
Coast Dental Services CEO Derek Diasti (no image)
Derek Diasti
Pros
  • "My pay is good and we're a part of the union(in 6 reviews)

• "At Coast Dental we are committed to delivering excellent patient care, dedicated to ensuring growth and opportunity for our employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "More of a factory atmosphere than patient care(in 12 reviews)

• "Also there are not a lot of the private practice "perks", like the dentist paying for trips, or taking the staff to dental conventions(in 12 reviews)

1. "I don’t recommend"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist RDH

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my manager! She did everything she could to help me.

Cons

The pay style tends to attract money hangry employees.

2. COVID-19

"Don’t go to work at Coast Dental"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are such great people

Cons

This company does not care about their employees. All they care about is how they can make a buck. And they will fire you if for any reason you are not making money in fact for they last 5 years every year around Christmas they fire at least 10 to 25 people right before Christmas and after . Everyone is always on edge wondering if they will have a job .. Going through the hardest time of everyone’s life they sent out an email to everyone saying you will not be able to use any PTO time at all and this is vacation time earned . This happened before Covid 19 . And at Christmas and thanksgiving . No one could even enjoy time with their family’s because they did not have time paid. Also they blocked all schedules so no one could take PTO but yet told everyone we could not work because doctors are off . Through all of this about 29 people were laid off and but they continue to see patients. But they did not even call or notified anyone. But they received help financially. They got rid of people left and right and hired new ones right after. But stated they had to let everyone go because they could not afford to keep . WOW if I could say anything to warn you don’t go to work for this company. Because as soon as you do it’s only a matter of time before you are fired . In the past year they fired over 46 people for no reason. And they people they fired are such great people. It’s just so sad to know that as hard as you work for this company it does not matter .. I fact the CCO was with them 17 years and the owners told him with. No warring no write up 4 months ago told him well we don’t need you anymore. Same thing with the RVP and 4 DM . And I can’t tell you how many managers and staff . This list goes on and on ..

June 18, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. Change is constant and we ask our teams to be flexible serving our patients in these new and challenging times. We are dedicated to working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

3. "Disorganized company with poor upper management"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coast Dental pays slightly above average than all the other DSO's.

Cons

There are no rewards for loyalty in this company, if someone above you simply doesn't like you that is all it takes in getting rid of you regardless of proven or documented performance. The turnover in this company is absolutely astonishing. The majority of offices are running understaffed and overworked. The company is constantly struggling to pay its vendors and the vendors make it known to the employees at the office level. There is a huge emphasis on "sales" and disciplinary action if production goals are not met. There is no focus on actual patient care.

June 18, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take these types of situations very seriously. Since you are a current team member at Coast Dental, I would encourage you to reach out to your office manager or district manager to discuss these concerns in person. We are dedicated to working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas.

"This Company is horrible to work for"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no weekends to work

Cons

No training. No communication. No loyalty. Bottom line only. Do not care about patients

June 18, 2020Marketing Coordinator

5. "Push to sell, no matter the cost"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Temecula, CA

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The manager I worked under was very kind to me but always stressed by upper management and pressured to sell no matter the lie she needed to tell

Cons

the doctor I worked under was only out for the money.

6. COVID-19

"Company Steps Up Amid COVID-19 Outbreak – Bless You!!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We were informed last week that our offices would be closing as a precaution due to Corona Virus, and that we would have some offices that would remain open to treat emergency patients. I was worried about what that would mean for me in terms of unemployment and benefits. Having spoken to a lovely lady in HR at our corporate office, I was reassured to find out that they would be filing for unemployment on our behalf and that the company would keep paying for our benefits. That's been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders in these uncertain times, allowing me to worry less about how I'm going to feed my family and keep my children insured.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

"RUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist

I worked at Coast Dental Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Can make decent money if you SELL ALOT. No work on weekends.

Cons

Regardless of how good they make it seem at the interview the reality is this: Unrealistic expectations, old or cheap instruments, very high pressure, less time to work with patients and while you are working on patient you will get asked to help in another room . You will not have enough time to do a thorough job. They are here to make money. Coast does NOT care about the employee or the patients.

March 16, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. We are truly sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our teams to be flexible serving our patients in an industry that changes daily. We are always working hard in this area and looking to increase training and a change in leadership to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

"Easily the worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No weekends. Usually got a lunch.

Cons

Upper and middle management are incompetent. Equipement is broken. Supply budget is unrealistically low. Patient base is overwhelmingly Medicaid and Medicare. Patients are seen as cash cows. Dentists will do ANYTHING to make money and keep corporate off their backs.

March 11, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our teams to be flexible serving our patients in an industry that changes daily. Communication and professionalism, we are working hard in this area and looking to increase training and a change in leadership to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you All the best in your career.

9. "Pros/Cons"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Potential Bonus (Monthly) Excellent Training Friendly Staff

Cons

Amount of paperwork can become overwhelming.

February 21, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. We are always moving forward to increase training and a changes in leadership to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you all the best.

"WORST!!!"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

4 week PTO- When I was hired a long time ago pay was better.

Cons

This place is awful. They treat you horrible. If you are unlucky to work with a bad dr, Coast lets dr abuse you. If dr makes money he can pretty much do anything and coast allows it. The Dr I worked for made fun of ethnic women, I told coast and nothing was done. These people are horrible. Everyone complained about this Dr, corp came and spoke to him and nothing was done. Dr kept on working. There is a meeting everyday at 5Pm. You have to convince pts to use Care Credit. Coast has to be getting a cutback the way they push it. You have to start same day treatment, You have to get reviews, all this on a daily. Dont do it and you are asked in front of everyone why did you not accomplish these metrics. Coast is the worst! The 5 star reviews are fake. They make employees do them. I worked in coast for a lot of years so i know most of the employees and there is not one person that is happy there. Its a shinking ship.

February 21, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take these types of situations very seriously. We are working hard to increase training and leadership to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you all the best.

Found 167 reviews