Coast Dental Services Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2021

Found 194 of over 197 reviews

2.8
Coast Dental Services CEO Derek Diasti (no image)
Derek Diasti
Pros
  • "My pay is good and we're a part of the union(in 6 reviews)

• "At Coast Dental we are committed to delivering excellent patient care, dedicated to ensuring growth and opportunity for our employees(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "More of a factory atmosphere than patient care(in 12 reviews)

• "Also there are not a lot of the private practice "perks", like the dentist paying for trips, or taking the staff to dental conventions(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Good team, great place to grow

Apr 13, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined Coast and I’m happy I made the jump from my previous DSO. I’ve been lucky enough to join a great team who gave me a warm welcome & a great onboarding experience. This is somewhere that I feel like I can see real career growth – a lot of the management team started in an office. I feel like I’ve finally found my home here.

Cons

Would love more PTO at some point

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. We are so glad you are here :)

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good Place with Good Pay

Sep 7, 2021 - Medical Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay compensation was great

Cons

If you're at an office with bad scheduling, good luck

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people around me

Aug 24, 2021 - Associate Director of Digital Marketing and Web Development in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

A wealth of knowledge in the people of my department. I can count on them for a great feedback.

Cons

No annual reviews and few holidays

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to start out

Aug 6, 2021 - Lead Dental Assistant in Acworth, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are the only real reason to work for this place. Great place to start off in your career. They teach you both the from , and back duties.

Cons

Nothing else is worth it. The regional directors are careless, only care about their own wallets. They don’t even give you a chritmas bonus, or party, and they make their clinic employees pay more for insurance than the corporate employees. Upside down if you ask me.

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. We are working hard in this area and looking to increase training and a change in leadership to improve in these areas. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for starting out, not as a lifelong career

Aug 16, 2021 - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Variety of people you encounter -Helping people in pain -Steady paycheck -No weekends -No Major Holidays

Cons

-High Turnover -Outdated offices and equipment -Pressure to sell unnecessary add-ons -No way to contact upper management -No employee reviews

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love my team, upper management and corporate leave everything to be desired

Aug 10, 2021 - Office Manager in Naples, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

My office team and I have a very close bond due to working ungodly number or hours.

Cons

We are required to hound our patients for Care Credit applications and management is accountable for the number of patients who are approved for credit cards. The company rep told me corporate gets a percentage. We are expected to hound our patients for a certain number of Google reviews each month. Upper management and corporate are more dollar focused than patient focused. District and regional managers are rude and borderline abusive to office managers and staff, berating and hounding them all day, expecting everyone, especially managers because they're salary to work long hours, sending nasty emails and texts all day every day. It's a genuinely toxic work environment and, if it weren't for my incredible office team and love for our patients, I would have left a long time ago. It's pretty much awful.

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take these types of situations very seriously. We are dedicated and working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Run!

Aug 7, 2021 - C D A in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hours. Potential bonus..but hard to receive.

Cons

Management. Don't appreciate their assistants.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Coast dental

Jul 1, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Melbourne, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office Good pay No micromanaging Decent patient flow Office manager was good

Cons

Not good at giving raises

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. We are dedicated to working, communicating and improving in these areas. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company has no respect for appreciation.

Jul 23, 2021 - Office Manager in Jaipur, Rajasthan, Rajasthan
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing at all the benefits sucked

Cons

They have no respect for their employees or appreciations for the hard work they do for them. No work/home balance

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. We are working hard in these areas and looking to increase training and additions to leadership to improve in these areas. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run

Jun 25, 2021 - Office Manager in Jaipur, Rajasthan, Rajasthan
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can’t think of any right now

Cons

Spend your time buried in paperwork

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.. We are taking your suggestions to heart and looking into the possibility of leadership visits to get a better representation of “real world” situations in our offices. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 194 Reviews