Combined Insurance Agent Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

1. "It is good if you can put in effort."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recent hire. Seems good so far.

Cons

None yet. Recent hire as of today.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Stay away"

Former Employee - Agent in Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Agent in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None,none,none,none,none. AFLAC is much better.

Cons

Many members of upper management lied and embezzled money from the company by falsifying weekly sales figures for many years.

Advice to Management

Check and investigate sales records from the 80's and 90's and have the guts to do the right thing.

"Remember those door to door sales men???"

Former Employee - Agent in Madison, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Agent in Madison, WI (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The apps you work with are very simple and easy to understand. The Training was very good. Company Issued Ipad to conduct your business, free business cards. They have some great products also

Cons

You do not have any leads like they say you will. The only "leads" are current policy holders and a list of nearby businesses that are only a lead because they are public knowledge. You literally are a door to door sales person. If you cant sell door to door you will not survive. Had weekly meetings.... way too many along with group messages all day and night and multiple of the groups for no reason on your personal cell and not on just on the company Ipad. The Ipad also has group messages so your being bothered all day and night even if your not working that day or if it doesn't even pertain to you.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the "leads" this is why many people leave after you pay for them to fly to Chicago for a weeks training ( training was great though). Stop overwhelming your agents, we are not little kids and do not need 20 calls and over 50 messages a day.

26 Oct 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are happy to hear that you felt training was "very good", as it is our goal to make sure our agents are ready for success in the field. It's... More

"Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Middlesboro, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Middlesboro, KY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money is great, I’m helping people, I have the flexibility to go to all of my kids sporting events. Thanks for the opportunity !!

Cons

If I had it pick one it would be flying to Chicago for training when hired. Then again it was the best training I’ve ever seen. Just missed my kids! :)

Advice to Management

Overall I felt like the managers make this feel like a team, a family environment.

26 Oct 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this positive review! We are pleased to hear all your positivity and wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"Newbie: I'm in training now in Chicago."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far so good. I have just completed my 3rd day of training. So I'm writing this review from my hotel. I am very excited about this new opportunity. I have read some of the reviews on here some negative some positive but I am never going to allow my self to be discouraged by someone else's failure. I will say that this training is intense but I know its going to pay off and I look forward to doing another review in 3 months to update you on my success. The breakfast at the hotel is very good and the company pays for everything. They fly you in and pay for your lodging. They give you a prepaid credit card that you can use for food and things that you need. My trainer is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. My room is very clean . They shuttle you to and from training and the cafeteria food is pretty darn good. As far as income potential they really give you a positive out look.

Cons

They throw a lot at you in a short time. You have to stay on your toes and memorize a lot of information but you know the old saying no pain no gain.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We love hearing your perspective, as someone currently in training. Our talented trainers work hard to prepare our new agents for... More

"A year of my life I wish I could get back"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmingdale, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmingdale, NY (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. At all

Cons

Way too many to mention

Advice to Management

Get it together

7. "Lies to get agents"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all. Not a good place to work.

Cons

A lot of dishonest activities

Advice to Management

Please do not offer incentives just to get agents that they know they are not going to satisfy. It is definitely not a good place to work. At the end agents will leave the company anyway. Also pay attention to customers complaints. There are a lot of dishonest agents pushing the insurance along with the Obamacare. People get confuse a lot because the agents do not explain the customers clearly that the insurance has nothing to do with the Insurance Market.

8. "GREAT OPPORTUNITY!"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with combined for over a year and the secret to success is referral partners... find people who see the value in the products and work with them.

Cons

Creating your own pay check means 100% accountability

Advice to Management

Build relationships with industries like mortgage brokerages to Create opportunities to place agents in environments where the clients are already in the headspace to talk about insurance.

"Great company to work for. But the Insurance business isn’t for everybody."

Current Employee - Agent/Benefits Advisor in Cannonsburg, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Agent/Benefits Advisor in Cannonsburg, KY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good leadership and as an employee you have access to contacts of all levels of management. I’ve noticed people with bad reviews of the company because they haven’t succeeded or had a bad experience with a manager. This company gives you all the tools you need to succeed. From paid Training, to plenty of leads for customers as well as concern and motivation from management. If you as an agent do not succeed, your manager is penalized. So any one that says a manager did not have an interest in their success, is either lazy, doesn’t have to will to do what is needed in commission based sales, is lying about their experience or had a manager that didn’t care about their personal pay or success (which I have yet to encounter with this company) I’m not saying there aren’t managers that don’t care, because there may very well be some. But I haven’t seen or met any myself. Regardless of that. An agent is encouraged to reach out to different levels of management in the company for help, advice, and concerns with their job. Overall a great company and group of people to work with.

Cons

I do rack up the miles on my vehicle and spend a lot of money in fuel. And in some weeks when I have had a bad week it has been rough trying to fork out the money to make sure I’m in the field. And in some cases, policyholders initial payment may not go through or maybe the wrong info is put in and the company is unable to collect the first premium. I’m those cases the agent is charged back the amount of commission that was paid in their next paycheck before they have a chance to correct the issue and collect the payment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. But maybe it would be a good idea to collect chargebacks in installments from paychecks instead of all at once. Or at least allow a week or two for the agent to fix the payment collection issue before they’re charged back

20 Jul 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we appreciate that you have shared how supportive management has... More

"ALL LIES"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE none at all. One week in Chicago that is "All expenses paid!" where they work you so hard that you have to stay up until 2 am studying to keep up. My poor fellow duped employees were the only positive thing about the trip.

Cons

Nothing this company told me when I was hired was true. I would not be trained in my home town, instead while I was in Chicago I was told that as soon as I got home I would be trained somewhere 3 hours from my home... another week in a hotel. Then one week at home and I was pressured into driving three hours away AGAIN for a one day conference that was more like a cult meeting. EVERY morning you have to sign into a sales meeting, no matter what you are doing, do a stupid cult like chant, and the managers are never on time so don't worry it WILL take more than a full hour. I was constantly denied proper materials and asked to BREAK THE LAW. DO NOT make the mistake I did.

Advice to Management

STOP LYING TO PEOPLE

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for leaving this review and letting us know you feel you were “asked to break the law.” This is something we would never condone, and we need more information. Please email us at... More