Combined Insurance Insurance Agent Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

1. "It is good if you can put in effort."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recent hire. Seems good so far.

Cons

None yet. Recent hire as of today.

Advice to Management

None

"Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Middlesboro, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Middlesboro, KY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money is great, I’m helping people, I have the flexibility to go to all of my kids sporting events. Thanks for the opportunity !!

Cons

If I had it pick one it would be flying to Chicago for training when hired. Then again it was the best training I’ve ever seen. Just missed my kids! :)

Advice to Management

Overall I felt like the managers make this feel like a team, a family environment.

26 Oct 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this positive review! We are pleased to hear all your positivity and wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"Newbie: I'm in training now in Chicago."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far so good. I have just completed my 3rd day of training. So I'm writing this review from my hotel. I am very excited about this new opportunity. I have read some of the reviews on here some negative some positive but I am never going to allow my self to be discouraged by someone else's failure. I will say that this training is intense but I know its going to pay off and I look forward to doing another review in 3 months to update you on my success. The breakfast at the hotel is very good and the company pays for everything. They fly you in and pay for your lodging. They give you a prepaid credit card that you can use for food and things that you need. My trainer is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. My room is very clean . They shuttle you to and from training and the cafeteria food is pretty darn good. As far as income potential they really give you a positive out look.

Cons

They throw a lot at you in a short time. You have to stay on your toes and memorize a lot of information but you know the old saying no pain no gain.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We love hearing your perspective, as someone currently in training. Our talented trainers work hard to prepare our new agents for... More

"A year of my life I wish I could get back"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmingdale, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmingdale, NY (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. At all

Cons

Way too many to mention

Advice to Management

Get it together

"ALL LIES"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE none at all. One week in Chicago that is "All expenses paid!" where they work you so hard that you have to stay up until 2 am studying to keep up. My poor fellow duped employees were the only positive thing about the trip.

Cons

Nothing this company told me when I was hired was true. I would not be trained in my home town, instead while I was in Chicago I was told that as soon as I got home I would be trained somewhere 3 hours from my home... another week in a hotel. Then one week at home and I was pressured into driving three hours away AGAIN for a one day conference that was more like a cult meeting. EVERY morning you have to sign into a sales meeting, no matter what you are doing, do a stupid cult like chant, and the managers are never on time so don't worry it WILL take more than a full hour. I was constantly denied proper materials and asked to BREAK THE LAW. DO NOT make the mistake I did.

Advice to Management

STOP LYING TO PEOPLE

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for leaving this review and letting us know you feel you were “asked to break the law.” This is something we would never condone, and we need more information. Please email us at... More

"Disappointed/Mislead/Lied to"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good at recruiting Unsuspecting college graduates with no work experience, especially insurance experience.

Cons

Misleading information from beginning to end. Pushy managers trying to get people loaded up for sales school to make their bonuses or get their higher ups off their back for not recruiting enough warm bodies per month.

Advice to Management

Do not mislead people into thinking they are allowed to review your company and be compensated for their time in sales school. In the school, they make you write down and acknowledge who is sacrificing for you being there. And then say well at least you are compensated for your time to take a look at what our “culture” is all about. If it’s for you, great! If not, that’s ok too! At least you get $500 for the week for your trouble.

That doesn’t happen unless you stay a while and let them get their tentacles into you even more. And then you’re stuck as a captive agent and have to wait to sell insurance elsewhere for certain periods of time.

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. This type of sales is not for everyone, and we regret that it wasn't a good fit for you. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

7. "Great Company For Highly Productive People"

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Combined Insurance is a company that takes corporate social responsibility very seriously. From their employees to the clients they do as best as is possible.

My background is corporate operation and business ownership. This position has enabled me to leverage my natural aptitudes in the best way possible.

I am able to work hard, not become “the workhorse”, and earn very commission checks. All of this is made possible by helping people when they need it most. Combined has everyone’s best interest in mind.

Cons

You have to work hard, there is no in-between, or cutting corners.

Advice to Management

Make sure to hire top talent and not cut corners by sending just anyone to sales school.

23 Apr 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We appreciate that you are sharing an honest view of what it takes to be successful here. Our agents have the ability to earn a virtually... More

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

Pros

I enjoyed the team spirit and the flexibility. I was in charge of my schedule which allowed me to never miss my kids’ events which was important as a single mom if two busy teens. Yes, it’s 100% commissions but if you work the system and actually go to work each day, the income will follow. You must be disciplined and organized in what you do. So many failed because they didn’t want to work each day or follow their systems. I thought it was a great first time ever sales job. I only left because I moved away and went a different direction with my insurance sales.

Cons

100% commissioned so if you don’t have another source of income in the household, it can bet very stressful and scary.

Advice to Management

Give a base for at least two months.
    Give more opportunities to advance.

21 Mar 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. As you mentioned, our agents have the ability to manage their own schedule according to what is best for their customers. With self... More

"Outside Insurance Agent for Kentucky"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Covington, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Covington, KY (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has a strong financial backing by the CHUBB company and has been in business for many years. products are good.
     As an agent, there truly were no pros. I attended training in Chicago which was very stressful. Trainer was inadequate, had never sold a thing in her life. decent knowledge of the products but knew absolutely nothing about sales or customer service, attempted to train us like we were her pet monkies., was very rude at times and condescending. I left my family a whole week only to be publicly insulted & humiliated several times . Accomodations were okay nothing great. Classes were long with evening assignments that lasted til 9:00 at night. I was paid $500.00 for about 60 hours of work so approx minimum wage.

Cons

There were no leads in my area so I would drive for an hour and a half before sitting down in front of a client. What the company considered as leads was actually their data base of customers who they revisited over & over & over. Some clients had as high as (9 ) of their policies. many were very irritated when you arrived at their door. I was told in the beginning that I would be working with businesses which was very appealing only to find out that none of my managers knew nothing about how to go about that. I was with this company just shy of 120 days and earned less than $1,000.00. Gasoline & auto repairs cost me a lot more than this. I have been in sales for many years starting out in college selling Kirby vacuums whre I was promoted to a distributor only after a couple of years so I was not new to this type of sales.

Advice to Management

Stop all your "positive" hip hip horaah amd hire managers than know what the hell they are doing so that they can train your salespeople right. The 'positive" garbage comes across as totally phony especially when you are having a tough time trying to make a buck. I certainly would not recommend this company to anyone.

20 Mar 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this review. As you mentioned, we are a Chubb company and have had nearly 100 years of success in the insurance industry. Our trainers work very hard to make sure our agents are... More

10. "Great Policies"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Policies
    Professional on going raining

Cons

Physical Cold calling
    company leads are mostly lapsed and active clients

20 Mar 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. We always appreciate hearing from our current employees! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. We always appreciate hearing... More