Combined Insurance Market Director Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

1. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Altoona, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Altoona, PA (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

I was hired with Combined Insurance in 1995 as a agent with no experience in the insurance industry. I have now been employed with Combined Insurance for 22 years. Combined Insurance provided excellent training and a successfull selling system that allowed me to double my income the first year and earn more than I have with all previous employments. I was promoted to a sales manager position in my first 8 months. From there my career grew to District Management, regional management and divisional management. The opportunity has been life changing providing a fullfilling advancing career and has been a blessing financially to my family. I also have enjoyed the perks of outstanding company trips all over the world!

Cons

This is an opportunity that is only for people that are motivated to win, willing to work hard and stay committed. If thats a con?

Advice to Management

Continue to make everyone aware of this winning career!

22 Feb 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our company! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we applaud you on your success here with us. We are thrilled to know that... More

"Market Director"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Edison, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Edison, NJ (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best career opportunity
    W-2 with great benefits
    Fast track Growth to Management
    Great Training and Mentorship
    Awesome Culture and Great Enviroment

Cons

Full work-days in the beginning

21 Dec 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for this positive review! We wish you all the best here at Combined Insurance.

3. "Outstanding Company/Oportunities"

Current Employee - Director, Marketing Management in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing Management in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Spectacular Training 95 years High Values

Cons

need not apply if not willing to work hard

3 Nov 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review, and for sharing that we have "spectacular training!" Our training department works hard to make sure our agents are prepared for... More

"Amazing company!!"

Current Intern - Market Director in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Intern - Market Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance as an intern (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing training and support (field and classroom)
    Great benefits package and free leads
    Amazing advancement opportunities (can happen in first 3-6 months)
    Great positive culture/environment (PMA!)
    Stability and security of the company (95 years old, A+ Rating)
    Great income opportunities for those with a good work ethic!

Cons

-For people who like a 9 am-5pm office position, this is not a good fit. It is mainly a field position and we are not 9-5. We control our schedule so we have flexibility.
    -For people who can't handle rejection, this is not a good fit. Sales in general wouldn't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Combined continues to grow and raise the bar. I couldn't be happier with the culture/environment. This opportunity changed my life! I can do more for my family now then I every imagined I could. I will retire here!

5. "Opportunity for advancement"

Current Employee - Market Director in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Market Director in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get promoted based on performance and the company is focused on growing the management team. The compensation is extremely lucrative and the support and training is very well established.

Cons

Learning the system like any other career opportunity. There is a lot for a new professional to grasp with the products, system, training, and with learning the targeted area and industry.

28 Nov 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this honest and positive review! As you mentioned, we offer merit-based promotions, and our agents have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of... More

6. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best in class sales training provided to you. Some of the most tenured leaders offering mentorship and guidance for your career and personal goals.

Operating out of th Greater Rochester, NY and Fingerlakes area. A fast growing market and team full of career growth and opportunities for success.

Cons

No cons, and an attainable learning curve.

24 Jan 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! As a current employee, your feedback is especially important. We agree, being an agent at Combined is a great opportunity for the right... More

"Can't believe Chubb let's this Company carry its brand"

Former Employee - Market Director
    Former Employee - Market Director

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are good and competitive

Cons

Out dated business model
    100% focus on hiring agents, they will hire anybody! No screening for realistic skills and competencies that would prove for a candidate’s opportunity for success or viability. Their “Manpower” (recruiting calls) are unbelievable showing that they just want bodies at sales school week after week. They don’t seem to care that there is no agent success! “Manpower Math,” give me a break!
    Many unqualified leaders who have never sold insurance
    No respect for the field agents from Divisional Staff Operations Team.
    Very poor culture
    Agents are nickel and dimed to death while they are starving and starting from scratch.
    No respect for their insured’s. Client confidential information is not safeguarded, its used as a “lead” and their confidential information floats around from agent to agent and is not secure.

Advice to Management

Good luck!!! Knowing what I know now, I am ashamed to have Combined on my resume. I have yet to find anyone who feels that their time at Combined was beneficial to their future in anyway, everyone I have had contact with feels completely embarrassed that they worked there.

"Market Director"

Former Employee - Market Director in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Market Director in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very strong history of Principals from founder W. Clement Stone which should be basis for a successful organization.

Cons

W. Clement Stone would roll over in his grave were he to witness the Combined of today. Upper management is weakest leadership team I have witnessed in 30 years. Only interested in "yes" and very intimidated by innovative thinking.

Advice to Management

Listen to your field leaders getting it done in the trenches daily. Stop giving lip service to the concept of leadership and get in the field.

5 Dec 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are proud of our founder and his 17 Success Principles, and we strive to conduct all business with these in mind. It is our goal to provide... More

"Proud to be working at Combined"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Glenview, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Glenview, IL (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people here are great. It's like an extended family. We are a 90+ year old company (providing stability) and we are continuing to grow. That's exciting.

Cons

This is a lean-operating company and because of this, there are times in which the quality of work being done is not as good as it could be if more resources (or time) we available.

Advice to Management

Communicate more

29 Nov 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We always appreciate hearing from our current employees! We are proud of our positive corporate environment in which we recognize hard work and... More

10. "GREAT COMPANY!!!"

Current Employee - Market Director in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Market Director in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provides great training and benefits with unlimited income potential from a well established company that is customer centric based!!! A team building atmosphere focused on helping employees achieve their personal, family, professional and financial goals.

Cons

Not enough people are taking advantage of the opportunity to improve their personal, family, professional and business goals by joining the Combined Insurance Family.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people to help others!!!

5 Dec 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. As you mentioned, we provide excellent training and ongoing support for our agents. We also... More