Combined Insurance Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

1. "New Agent Onboarding"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One on One field training support for 4 weeks!! Leads and Benefits.

Cons

Amazing opportunity for the right people.

29 May 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we wish you all the best in your career here with us!

"Stay far away"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours since no one knows what they are doing

Cons

This is the company you hope to never have to work for in your life again. To give you a rough breakdown they started Aon. Aon sold them to Chubb because they saw no residual value in keeping them around. Aon took all the top performing executives/employees with them and left Combined with low level employees. But Aon still collects rent from Combined so that they can use there building with AON's brand. I find that quite funny. Its like a child selling its parent. The recruiting department is burn and churn. Get as many heads in seats as possible. If they could they would take homeless people off the street and put them in a chair to interview. There sales turnover is at a all time high. The company was going to close there doors in 2013 when they faced a similar issue. They are facing that similar issue once again. People come in get great training in sales school but once they hit the field they drop off. You may ask why well the answer is simple no plans in place for the hiring managers to properly train and onboard them into the company. Why would there be when all the company looks for is bottom line profit. The company is not transparent with its sales hires from the start so they end up burning them after by leaving. For anyone looking to get the correct answer it is they will put you in a hotel a couple minutes away from the sales school which is in the basement of the AON building in Glenview. You will have to share a room. Strict sales school training with more "study time" when you return back to the hotel. They will tell you how you can be the best sales person and how there products are the best on the market. Once you return back home you will wait for your Territory Manager or Market Director to reach out to you. Key word wait that is if they even feel the need to reach out to you or if they are to busy to even take your call. In the end find yourself a reputable god honest company to work for this one is not that. In terms of the corporate structure they pay their entry level employees peanuts. I heard they recently got rid of half there recruiting department. I would imagine it had a lot to do with FLSA that anyone below $47,476 would become a non exempt employee. So instead of conforming to this rule they instead just told everyone sorry have a nice day enjoy the door on your way out. But what can you expect. The recruiting managers like to feed everyone that there is room for advancement but the only advancement they put into place is for themselves and there favorites. Essentially if you are a brown nose you will thrive. But what they fail to realize is that anyone who has left has put themselves into a better situation with more pay and a structure for success. The company is also big for hiring externally instead of promoting internally. So if you work here good luck getting promoted unless you like making peanuts and working 10 years to make more peanuts. They hire externally from big companies and bring in quite possibility the worst talent you can find on the market. Essentially the people they bring in are wash outs at there current big company and they hire them cause they are on the brink of getting fired at there current company. This is the companies plan of action to run a successful department and they wonder why turnover is at a all time high. I forecast the company shutting its doors within the next 5 years. No sales agents equal no company and with its high turnover and perception in the market place it is right on track.

Advice to Management

Hope you enjoy unemployment!

14 Mar 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share this review, although we don’t agree with your assessment of where the company is headed. Combined Insurance is in a great position and we look forward to an... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Internet Specialist (Recruiter/Recruiting Specialist) in Glenview, IL (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. It is a community of lies, hate, negative mental attitude and low pay. While reading this keep in mind this is as pro as I can get on the subject of Combined Insurance.

Cons

Being told to right multiple fake reviews on glassdoor is unethical and really sad. We were told in the recruiting department to lie on glassdoor in order to make us look better on the internet. Oh, I'm sorry on the Web, we were told not to use the word "internet" because that has a negative connotation. Get real. We were told to lie about the compensation and make it sound like it was a full time job with a base even though it is a stipend that ends shortly after the agents start.

Advice to Management

Advice to the highest level of management in the company, take a good long look at your management team. Gather them in a room and fire them. You might still have time to turn this around. We all know that the parent company isn't happy...

24 Jun 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I would like to apologize for your experience while working with us. We have every intention of making Combined Insurance a fun and exciting place... More

"Disorganized"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Glenview, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Glenview, IL (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some great people and learned a good lesson about the insurance industry. Benefits are good as well as time off.

Cons

Recruiting is disorganized and management plays favorites. They don't want you to do well. If you aren't a chosen one you will be ignored. Pay is below standard and they give select information about bonuses.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and they won't flee for their lives. Stop encouraging people to write fake reviews on glassdoor. Actually follow up with your candidates and quit talking behind peoples backs.

4 Jan 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We aim to foster a positive corporate atmosphere that recognizes hard work and values continuous improvement. We regret that you had some... More

"Combined Insurance- A great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Pros

Combined Insurance has an amazingly effective training and onboarding program. As an industry veteran, I see the difference investing in the training and support of new agents makes.

Cons

I don't see any cons. This a program that can support either the novice or veteran agent in achieving their goals.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what it is your doing. Keep improving the lives of others while improving the lives of our employees.

4 Jan 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. Thanks also for highlighting our training and onboarding process. We routinely... More

"4 years later - Combined continues to reward my hardwork"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Glenview, IL (US)

Pros

Competive salaries plus additional compensation and bonuses, excellent benefits, extensive and inovative resources/tools, flexibility, opportunity for advancement (focus to promote/develop from within), strong team/family like environment, winning culture, stability (90+ years in business), progressive and continuous training, caring and dependable leadership team.

Cons

Must be willing to go the extra mile and be very organized to maximize the comp plan, those do not perform are not a good fit for this organization. Expectations can be achieved/succeeded by doing the minimum activity.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop top talent.

4 Jan 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We are proud of our positive corporate environment in which we recognize hard work and value continuous... More

"Excellent income Opportunity is available for those that choose to succeed..."

Current Employee - Divisional Recruiter
    Current Employee - Divisional Recruiter

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Am able to work from home and have the flexibility that I need to maintain a work/home balance.

Cons

As in any job, if you are not able to be flexible, adaptable and trainable, you will have difficulty in achieving the income you desire.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain an open line of communication to help us grow and do the best we can. Continue to provide us with the training we need to increase our skill set.

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance
    Opportunities for advancement
    Growing Company, looking to expand in multiple areas
    Good culture/Fun people

Cons

Communication can be difficult sometimes, as we have many employees in the field (not all are office-based)

Advice to Management

While I feel there was a lack of innovation here in the past, I feel like recently that trend has reversed. You should continue encouraging and implementing innovation.

4 Jan 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! We are proud of our positive corporate environment in which we recognize hard work and value continuous improvement while striving to maintain a friendly... More

"Poor leadership ruins team morale"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Glenview, IL (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, PTO, paid holidays and work hours etc

Cons

the raises in the company are a complete insult- and management doesnt even have meetings with employees to discuss the raises they will be given...completely unprofessional/ the salary for this role is highly below standard as well

Advice to Management

The leaders you position in a role make all the difference. Our current VP has destroyed this team and the morale.

"Excellent Company with an Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Agents and managers ae W2 with benefits provided. Training is exceptional and continues throughout your career. Clear defined path if you wish to get into management. PMA - Positive Mental Attitude. Hardest working highest paying job you will ever have

Cons

If you don't like to work hard and follow systems and processes you won't be successful. Not an easy job, but worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent training and keeping the agents accountable.