Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance Reviews

Updated 9 February 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

"A year of my life I wish I could get back"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmingdale, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmingdale, NY (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. At all

Cons

Way too many to mention

Advice to Management

Get it together

"We put money where our mouth is, not."

Pros

Getting to meet good and honest people.

Cons

Good and honest people are not given honesty and good intentions in return.

Advice to Management

Leadership, the difference between success and failure. They need to look into it.

26 Oct 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We don't condone the type of behavior you are describing and would appreciate it if you would please send more detailed information to... More

"Insurance Sales Rep"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Folks are nice and helpful, especially agents since we are all in the same boat hustling.

Cons

Talk to 100 people a day outside or door to door and shove your sales in their throat.
    Exhausting walking or driving around all day long.

Advice to Management

Pay more and stop thinking that your method always work.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is our goal to make sure everyone leaves training feeling confident and ready to sell, and we regret this was not your experience. We will share... More

"Good job if you want to be a door knocker"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in State College, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in State College, PA (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make lasting friendships with other employees over your mutual hatred of this job.

Cons

You only get paid if you sell. You have to knock on doors and be annoying

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. This type of sales is not easy, and it's true it's not for everyone. We regret it was not a good fit for you and we wish you all the best in your... More

5. "Lies to get agents"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all. Not a good place to work.

Cons

A lot of dishonest activities

Advice to Management

Please do not offer incentives just to get agents that they know they are not going to satisfy. It is definitely not a good place to work. At the end agents will leave the company anyway. Also pay attention to customers complaints. There are a lot of dishonest agents pushing the insurance along with the Obamacare. People get confuse a lot because the agents do not explain the customers clearly that the insurance has nothing to do with the Insurance Market.

"Worst Job Ever"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Making your own schedule when you want

Cons

Crappy management, crappy leads, awful trip to Chicago (disgusting hotel).

"Combined Insurance Ruined my life"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule. But that’s a double edged sword.

Cons

Now I am not like the other ppl on here. I was successful at Combined. I went on all the incentive trips. Submit a minimum of $22,500 in sales for a weekend getaway to wherever the company is taking you for that specific promotion. They treated us like Kings and Queens. They spared no expense with hotels and food and they even give us $300 to spend for the weekend. But with all of that I still never made enough money to pay my bills. The commission scale is HORRIBLE. If you compare it to regular life insurance companies then you’d see they are robbing you. Granted you get paid based on how much you sell. But even when if have 11 or 13K weeks I didn’t see the paycheck I think I deserved. Then when I left they sent me a bill for almost a thousand dollars. At the time of hiring they said you get back $350 or something like that when you give back the IPad. To this day I’ve never gotten a check but they send me a bill. They didn’t even less it from the bill. What a scam!!!! In the beginning they tell you you’ll be going to Chicago for a week, all expenses paid... please, it’s a low budget hotel with a room mate. Some random person from anywhere in America you have to spend the night with. I could’ve called them back and cussed them out. They never told me any of this. My managers were excellent. No complaints there. But the whole business model is more like a scam than a legit business.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront. Explain disclosures and let people know the potential downfalls if they need to leave this job

6 Nov 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It's true this type of sales is not easy, and we regret it wasn't a good fit for you. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"Would highly suggest passing on this job."

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly none besides flexible schedule. I mean the Chicago trip seems like a pro until you get there and they treat you like kids at camp. Coworkers were cool though.

Cons

Screw you over after you quit. Everything is a numbers game to them. And not just the clients but the agents also. They like the casting a wide net strategy of hiring a bunch of people and hoping one sticks. You start dreading when the phone rings because 80% of the time it's your manager wondering about your numbers. And they say you set your own schedule and you do to a point, but your manager will always be on you to stay out knocking on doors until 9pm. Customers dont appreciate that in the slightest and I dont blame them at all. I never felt comfortable doing it because it's just plain rude. Management doesn't care though they just want numbers.

Advice to Management

Reorganize the whole structure. Get actual leads and not just current/old customer cards. If people cancel their policy than they more than likely won't want to sign up again. Base pay would be a huge bonus and stress reliever. Don't be so conceited about the company sales pitch. It doesn't work as well as they say.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our agents have the opportunity to engage in an entrepreneurial-type career that involves setting up their own schedules, developing their own... More

"Avoid!"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    You Control Your Income

Cons

Heavy Travel
    Long Hours
    No Time Off
    Unresponsive Local Management

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees. Provide genuine referrals, not just a list of former customers or customers who have not been contacted in years, these are not "referrals". Referrals are people who might be interested in buying. Please stop wasting people's time.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our agents enjoy an entrepreneurial-like opportunity to sell on their own schedule, make a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their... More

10. "Account executive"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company if you’re excellent in sales.

Cons

Racism
    Favoritism
    Bullying
    Tough
    Intimidating
    Use your own vehicle, gas, meals etc.
    All my district Manager cared about was hitting initial numbers and you were on your own from there.
    They’ll sell you hopes and dreams and dig the ground below your feet.
    They’ll sell you this positivity BS which means nothing after sales school especially if you’re in the Long Island market

Advice to Management

Don’t give false hopes and dreams.