Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance Reviews

Updated 9 February 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

"Sales rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was top notch. But very overworked and intense.

Cons

Everything else was awful! Worked 13+ hour days. Leads aren't really leads. A lot of canvassing! No sales, no paycheck. And I ruined my car.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. This type of sales is not easy, and it's true it's not for everyone. We regret it was not a good fit for you and we wish you all the best in your... More

2. "GREAT OPPORTUNITY!"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with combined for over a year and the secret to success is referral partners... find people who see the value in the products and work with them.

Cons

Creating your own pay check means 100% accountability

Advice to Management

Build relationships with industries like mortgage brokerages to Create opportunities to place agents in environments where the clients are already in the headspace to talk about insurance.

"Great company to work for. But the Insurance business isn’t for everybody."

Current Employee - Agent/Benefits Advisor in Cannonsburg, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Agent/Benefits Advisor in Cannonsburg, KY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good leadership and as an employee you have access to contacts of all levels of management. I’ve noticed people with bad reviews of the company because they haven’t succeeded or had a bad experience with a manager. This company gives you all the tools you need to succeed. From paid Training, to plenty of leads for customers as well as concern and motivation from management. If you as an agent do not succeed, your manager is penalized. So any one that says a manager did not have an interest in their success, is either lazy, doesn’t have to will to do what is needed in commission based sales, is lying about their experience or had a manager that didn’t care about their personal pay or success (which I have yet to encounter with this company) I’m not saying there aren’t managers that don’t care, because there may very well be some. But I haven’t seen or met any myself. Regardless of that. An agent is encouraged to reach out to different levels of management in the company for help, advice, and concerns with their job. Overall a great company and group of people to work with.

Cons

I do rack up the miles on my vehicle and spend a lot of money in fuel. And in some weeks when I have had a bad week it has been rough trying to fork out the money to make sure I’m in the field. And in some cases, policyholders initial payment may not go through or maybe the wrong info is put in and the company is unable to collect the first premium. I’m those cases the agent is charged back the amount of commission that was paid in their next paycheck before they have a chance to correct the issue and collect the payment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. But maybe it would be a good idea to collect chargebacks in installments from paychecks instead of all at once. Or at least allow a week or two for the agent to fix the payment collection issue before they’re charged back

20 Jul 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we appreciate that you have shared how supportive management has... More

4. "Leadership opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Sudbury, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been a self employed independent contractor for Combined Insurance Company for over 27 years and am currently a sales leader. An excellent company to represent and yes you are self employed which means you don’t do at least 6-10 or more sakes talks a day you will not survive! Learn the basic principles and set a short and long term goals for yourself you will succeed . Can you make $100,000 or more in your first year! Absolutely yes if ONLY you dedicate your time to this career

Cons

Long hours, depending where you live you could do a lot of driving, evening work, and as it’s commission sales you will struggle if you don’t know the product material

Advice to Management

Stick with the system WClement Stone taught us! Extend product knowledge time in classroom 1 extra week

"ALL LIES"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE none at all. One week in Chicago that is "All expenses paid!" where they work you so hard that you have to stay up until 2 am studying to keep up. My poor fellow duped employees were the only positive thing about the trip.

Cons

Nothing this company told me when I was hired was true. I would not be trained in my home town, instead while I was in Chicago I was told that as soon as I got home I would be trained somewhere 3 hours from my home... another week in a hotel. Then one week at home and I was pressured into driving three hours away AGAIN for a one day conference that was more like a cult meeting. EVERY morning you have to sign into a sales meeting, no matter what you are doing, do a stupid cult like chant, and the managers are never on time so don't worry it WILL take more than a full hour. I was constantly denied proper materials and asked to BREAK THE LAW. DO NOT make the mistake I did.

Advice to Management

STOP LYING TO PEOPLE

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for leaving this review and letting us know you feel you were “asked to break the law.” This is something we would never condone, and we need more information. Please email us at... More

"Agent"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make some quick money. Good stepping stone for future career in insurance. Nice trip to Chicago.

Cons

What can i say, it is nearly impossible to make this job work. It can...for awhile. It is really all a numbers game, hire as many people as possible and hope a few can make it. They just don't care. It all about money. Managers and current agents get paid to bring people on. I was taught an "interview" with a perspective new agent was nothing than a mere sales pitch. You will get charged back. Their health insurance is high priced and doesn't cover much. The whole thing is like a pyramid scheme.

Advice to Management

Hire quality candidates! I would have loved to stayed, however, there is no base. Nothing to help. You are given crappy leads, you drive all over and may not sell. Place more emphasis on quality and not quantity! No one is proud of a job just anyone can get. Period. No matter how good the product is, people know you will hire anyone to sell it so no one has respect for the company. You have to go on all these market meetings thar are hours away. Even though somethings are paid for, gas money and a days pay would be nice. There are so many small thinga you could do to make this work for an agent with talent, but the system isn't there. But, the good news is that id you stay with them long enough you will be actively recruited by other companies with much more to offer!

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our new agents attend a one week training session in Chicago that aims to prepare them for success in the field. Once in the field they have the... More

"sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you can set your own schedule

Cons

management in Miami is the worst

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our agents have the ability to set their own appointments around what is best for their customers and enjoy flexibility and control over their... More

"Insurance agent"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make money if you are inexperienced in insurance

Cons

Constantly pushing products to agents based on premium not best plan for client

Advice to Management

Stop with the constant talk about everyone APV

20 Jul 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Being an agent at Combined Insurance is a great opportunity for people to make an unlimited income based on the volume of sales. We offer training... More

"Disappointed/Mislead/Lied to"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good at recruiting Unsuspecting college graduates with no work experience, especially insurance experience.

Cons

Misleading information from beginning to end. Pushy managers trying to get people loaded up for sales school to make their bonuses or get their higher ups off their back for not recruiting enough warm bodies per month.

Advice to Management

Do not mislead people into thinking they are allowed to review your company and be compensated for their time in sales school. In the school, they make you write down and acknowledge who is sacrificing for you being there. And then say well at least you are compensated for your time to take a look at what our “culture” is all about. If it’s for you, great! If not, that’s ok too! At least you get $500 for the week for your trouble.

That doesn’t happen unless you stay a while and let them get their tentacles into you even more. And then you’re stuck as a captive agent and have to wait to sell insurance elsewhere for certain periods of time.

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. This type of sales is not for everyone, and we regret that it wasn't a good fit for you. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"Bilingual Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

It is a sale business and that means 100% commission

Advice to Management

It would be great to get full benefits + hourly rate and commision

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! As a current employee we especially appreciate hearing from you. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!