Combined Insurance Employee Reviews about "great training"

Updated 4 Aug 2020

3.5
Combined Insurance President Joe Vasquez
Joe Vasquez
Pros
  • "Great training provided for new sales agents(in 35 reviews)

• "Combined Insurance changes my life through PMA(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "It can take long hours in the beginning- still worth it(in 43 reviews)

• "Door-to-door sales and prospecting is required(in 41 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Grande Prairie, AB

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance Awesome Co-Workers Great Training

Cons

Nothing to note that is negative

2. "Good Career for the Right Person"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in East Hartford, CT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great training, flexible schedule, lots of earning and promotion opportunity. Residual income! Doing something that helps people.

Cons

If you won’t listen, won’t follow the training, won’t go out to work and really give the system an honest best effort try, don’t waste your time and the managers’ time. This isn’t for slackers.

3. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Regina, SK

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great training! I get a lot of satisfaction by helping families prepare for the unexpected and protect their financial well being. Very positive team environment. Leaders are always willing to help. Recognition for a job well done is amazing, 2 trips a year to the Caribbean.

Cons

Not for the 9-5 job seeker.

Continue reading

"Good company; Terrible Leadership"

Former Employee - Licensed Sales Producer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Pros: great training, nice colleagues, fantastic immediate supervisor, committed to hiring veterans

Cons

cons: commission, regional manager is a company man and a real jerk

5. "Great opportunity to build a great career while helping people prepare for unexpected injuries and illness"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Holbrook, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunity to earn lots of income and fantastic perks. Great company match 401K and discounted Stock purchase plans and terrific medical benefits. Free leads and great training!

Cons

Not many. Just have to be flexible because you work on customers schedules

April 29, 2019Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we appreciate your feedback. Our agents have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales, and we offer a comprehensive benefit program. We strive to prepare our agents for success through an onsite training program and through continued support once in the field. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The workplace environment is amazing with the pma Philosophy( positive mental attitude) I am in charge of my schedule and income. They train at all levels after 13 yes I still get great training and support from my management team.

Cons

This is sales!!! If you can't handle that this is not the career path for you. Most people that have many cons about combined just couldn't do it and rather than admit it blame this great organization. This company has given my family a new life. I make such figures and have secured financial freedom.

September 20, 2018Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We work hard to make sure our employees get the training and support they need, so it's great to hear that after 13 years you still fell well-supported. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"Awesome Opportunity .. Great People"

SD Insurance Agent in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Combined Insurance for less than a year

Pros

Wes Wickum, Dean Mueller and Kim Lambert are an amazing team. They are very supportive and teach you how to be a success! Great training and leadership. I worked for two other insurance companies and found the training to be lacking. Enjoyed meeting the CEO and other support staff during training. Great compensation and easy product to sell if you keep a Positive Mental Attitude!! I love making great commissions and bonuses. Massive opportunities for the right people, the ones that want to be a success and work hard to make it happen.

Cons

There are none, unless you expect the company to give you a paycheck for being lazy. If you fail, it's because you didn't put in the effort to learn and create your own destiny. Yes ... you have to work hard .. grow up and accept responsibility for your own success!! They give you the tools ... USE them!!

August 18, 2016Social Media Manager

Thank you! It’s great to hear from our current employees, and we especially like hearing that you’ve enjoyed “great training and leadership.” Sounds like you have had a really amazing support team. As you mention, people who excel in their sales career here have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income, and we have quality products that can make a real difference in people’s lives. It sounds like you have the right attitude to have a successful career here at Combined Insurance. We wish you all the best!

8. "Great company with support and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working at Combined for almost three years and it is a great company to work for. I was promoted to management after a year and have made a substantially better income here than I have any where else. I have also had the opportunity to travel both in and out of the country with the company to places like Portugal, Cancun, San Diego CA, Las Vegas NV and many others. Just to list a few of the great benefits of this company: Unlimited earning potential. Great benefits including stock options and company matched 401k. Great training. Plenty of support from management. Growth opportunity. And many many more. This is a great place to work for and I highly recommend looking into the opportunity.

Cons

No significant cons that come to mind.

October 13, 2017Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We agree with you that for the right person, this is a great opportunity for professionals who are willing to do what it takes to succeed. Our full time agents have comprehensive benefits packages, the opportunity for merit-based promotions, great incentives and awards and the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income potential. We thank you again for sharing these pros and we wish you all the best in your future at Combined Insurance!

"Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training. You paid what you are worth. Your work ethic determines your income. If you have discipline and you want to earn 6 figures at a career that is not complicated then this is then place for you!

Cons

Not enough accountability. Agents are not held accountable for poor work habits. Need to help the agents understand their poor work ethics causes failure. If you are lazy and want everything done for you, go somewhere else.

January 11, 2018Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We agree that work ethic is a key factor in our agents’ success. They have the ability to make a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales, and it takes hard work to develop and nurture their customer base. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

10. "Excellent place to start"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training, it's nice when the company has a lot of money invested in you. After the initial two week "sales camp" you are also continually trained and groomed for advancement as you go.

Cons

"Assembly line" style of training, while it is efficient, it doesn't cater to the individual at all. But when you are training so many new agents a week, it would be unrealistic to expect them to cater to each individual.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews