Combined Insurance Employee Reviews about "pma"

Updated 7 Jan 2019

3.5
Combined Insurance President Joe Vasquez
Joe Vasquez
Pros
  • "Great training provided for new sales agents(in 35 reviews)

• "Combined Insurance changes my life through PMA(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "It can take long hours in the beginning- still worth it(in 43 reviews)

• "Door-to-door sales and prospecting is required(in 41 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "pma"

Return to all Reviews

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The workplace environment is amazing with the pma Philosophy( positive mental attitude) I am in charge of my schedule and income. They train at all levels after 13 yes I still get great training and support from my management team.

Cons

This is sales!!! If you can't handle that this is not the career path for you. Most people that have many cons about combined just couldn't do it and rather than admit it blame this great organization. This company has given my family a new life. I make such figures and have secured financial freedom.

September 20, 2018Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We work hard to make sure our employees get the training and support they need, so it's great to hear that after 13 years you still fell well-supported. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

2. "District Manager"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Companies core contributions to 401k. Combined Insurance changes my life through PMA. Support and training for new agents is done of the best in the industry

Cons

Agents are straight commission with no compensation for fuel or automotive repairs

January 9, 2019Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We offer our agents a comprehensive benefits package as well as ongoing training and support-thank you for sharing that these are important to you. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ongoing training, daily meetings - PMA - colleagues are nice. Incentive trips. 401K

Cons

Many promises of $100K, realistically the 55% commission is broken down to as low as 20% after you sell. The company keeps 80%. High turn-over, revolving door. If you have a license, your Hired! A lot of family members are hired, therefore expect to receive leads 60 miles away or more.

October 26, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We strive to make sure our agents feel supported and well-trained, and we reward them with a comprehensive benefits package, incentives and bonuses. We wish you all best in your future here with us!

"Job Posting misleading"

2.0
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Youngstown, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Offers some leads, and decent training in Chicago. PMA culture is a plus for keeping you going, and there is support in the company. They provide an iPad for writing apps.

Cons

Leads are inconsistent, and it says in the job posting they are provided weekly. This is not the case bi-weekly at best and more often then not monthly. Often they can be worked in a day or two, and so that leaves cold calling on businesses, which have a much lower closing rate. Job posting says there is only one weekly meeting, however this quickly changed leaving some agents to drive over an hour one way to a 1 hour morning meeting and drive back another hour to hour and a half to work their assigned territory and another hour or so home. meaning 12-14 hour days with almost 1/3rd of it non productive time spent in meetings or on the road. If your territory manager does not get you off to a fast start your commission rate will only be 30% with some product lines being 10%. It is a lot of time and money and has the potential to pay big but only under the best conditions.

April 11, 2016Social Media Manager

Thank you for reviewing our company. We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. We do our best to provide leads regularly for our agents, but it’s true that a big part of this job is cultivating your business. Sales is not for everyone, but those who excel have a virtually unlimited income potential. We are always striving to improve, and we will share your suggestions about the meetings with sales leadership. You can always share more at feedback@combined.com. We wish you all the best in your career here with us!

5. "Combined Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Combined Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working for Combined Insurance in December and I must say this is the best opportunity I could find to build my career. I didn't come from an insurance industry background, and I was a little skeptical about changing my career path, but after I had an interview with HR and management to learn more about this company and career growth opportunity, I decided to take it to the next level. From that day on, I received all the training and support I needed to be successful, including one week training with all expenses paid in Chicago. In addition, the sales manager is constantly providing leads and on the field training & support to guarantee your financial success and growth within the company from day one, plus the company provides weekly bonus and other awesome incentives! You will have plenty of appointments and referrals if you follow the system. I like the flexible schedule with uncapped income potential. I highly recommend working for Combined Insurance, and I also share the company philosophy of success in three simple words: Positive Mental Attitude - PMA.

Cons

Sometimes evenings and weekends appointments, but that's part of serving your clients by accommodating to their schedule.

March 14, 2017Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! As a current employee, we especially value your input. We appreciate that you shared you are “receiving all the training and support you need to be successful.” At Combined, it is our goal to provide our agents with a foundation that prepare them for success. Then, we continue to support their development through ongoing training and coaching. As you mentioned, our agents have the ability to create their own schedule to best accommodate the needs of their customers. For this reason and the fact that they have a virtually unlimited income potential based on the volume of their sales, this job is entrepreneurial in nature. We applaud your PMA and wish you all the best in your career here with us!

"Amazing company!!"

Current Intern - Market Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Combined Insurance for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing training and support (field and classroom) Great benefits package and free leads Amazing advancement opportunities (can happen in first 3-6 months) Great positive culture/environment (PMA!) Stability and security of the company (95 years old, A+ Rating) Great income opportunities for those with a good work ethic!

Cons

-For people who like a 9 am-5pm office position, this is not a good fit. It is mainly a field position and we are not 9-5. We control our schedule so we have flexibility. -For people who can't handle rejection, this is not a good fit. Sales in general wouldn't be a good fit.

"Sales Associate"

Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Combined Insurance for less than a year

Pros

Received great sales training at corporate office. Company equips you with electronic tools, sales materials and business cards to assist with helping you succeed. Their focus is on PMA - positive, mental attitude.

Cons

Field training is not as structured to accommodate the number of agents returning from sales school. Leads/assignments are not readily available and often duplicated. The writing agent is unable to maintain and manage their book of business as customers are recycled and distributed every three months. Company requires daily attendance to morning "pep" meetings which become monotonous with no real substance to further equip you for the field. Chargebacks are taken out of your paycheck up front and really dampen your motivation to sell. It is very difficult to understand their payroll calculations and identify your chargebacks.

May 10, 2016Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We receive a lot of great feedback regarding our training school, and we are happy to hear you listed it as a “pro.” We are sorry to hear that you aren’t happy with some other aspects of your job experience with us. We value all your detailed feedback and will make sure we pass it on to our sales leadership. We wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors!

8. "Why Combined? From an Account Executive, 34 yrs."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We have a tremendous philosophy, PMA. A tremendous selling system. Some of the finest sales training, class room and field. Products are the best ever, and really fill needs. Reward for acievement, awards, bonuses even at agent level, and trips. I've earned 5 yearly trips in last 5 years, Portugal, Hawaii, etc. A track to run on, and many established accounts, where you can feel good about servicing and upwelling. Great leadership, especially the CEO.

Cons

Must be self motivated, or learn it. Some travel, but the rewards of sales overcome that! You get out ...what you put in. Must be teachable, and searching for answers continually. Takes energy, and discipline!

January 3, 2017Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive, insightful review! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. Our agents benefit from a week of in-house intensive sales training and ongoing support. Throughout all our training, we strive to instill the philosophies and methods of selling in our agents that we believe will give them the best chance of success. As you mentioned, we believe having a positive mental attitude (PMA) is the foundation for success. We reward our successful agents with incentive trips, bonuses, awards, and recognition, and they have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales. Like you, many of our agents share with us that they feel our products are making a real difference in their clients’ lives. And, we agree-we benefit from great leadership! We wish you all the best in your career here with us.

"Its what you make of it!"

Former Employee - Account Executive, Agent in Albany, NY

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The advantages of working for Combined are the initial training of its products and sale culture or the PMA (positive mental attitude) philosophy.They are one of the very few companys with leads, and customers who expect to see you good or bad, no going after your friends and family. If you can sell here, you can sell anywhere, industry recognized. You can rise to management fast if you work hard, promotion by results not who you know!

Cons

The cons of working here now, is the plight of being assigned to someone who looks at you as a number and gives no learning curve support. You are an employee, but no time off policy or vacation policy.

"Life Changing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the best thing that has ever been presented to me! To start the amount of support this organization gives you is incredible and take it from a guy who has been in sales for 6 years and I was selling cars. Also take it from a guy who grew up in a bad area and very poor so I did not come from money and am self made and this company helped me get where I am today. This company is based on positivity PMA to be exact and that stands for positive mental attitude. Also they recognize you for everything you do good never what your doing wrong which does wonders for your confidence. Sounds pretty good so far doesn’t it? It gets even better! Their is a ton of room for growth so take me as an example I started as a new agent and I’ve been with the company for 15 weeks. In those 15 weeks I’ve been promoted two times and have been rewarded a 27% pay raise! Now I’m the Account Executive of the Niagara Region! Now if your thinking this is to good to be true it’s not and the pay is amazing you have weekly bonuses , monthly bonuses and yearly bonuses not including the trips they send you on! For example this year we’re going to Ireland like that’s amazing and it’s all paid for! So again use me as an example I take home after taxes between $1,400 - $1,900!!! Take home!!! Like this is real money and is a real pay and is achievable in just a short 14 weeks. If your out there trying to figure out what you want in life and want an opportunity to become very successful this is the place to be but WAIT theirs more!!! They have an amazing full benefits package with a phenomenal 401k plan. Also you can buy into company stocks at a 15% discount! This company has changed my life and I’m 24 with no insurance sales experience. So if your reading this and think this is to good to be true all I can say is give it a shot and see it for your self this changed my life and I’m writing this review so we as an company can change your life as well. Also Incase if your wondering I love my career I wake up every morning happy to go to work and I can’t say I have ever had they feeling before in my life so if you are not happy where you are in your life give this a try and see because it changes lives.

Cons

You have to be be willing to get up and go to work if you can do that their is no cons!

March 20, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your inspiring story. Through our intensive week-long training, people with little to no experience can learn the skills they need to be successful in the field. Our agents have the opportunity to earn a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales, and we offer a comprehensive benefits package, bonuses, awards and merit-based promotions. Congratulations on your success, and we wish you all the best in your future here with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews