Combined Insurance Employee Reviews about "pma"

Updated 7 Jan 2019

3.5
Combined Insurance President Joe Vasquez
Joe Vasquez
Pros
  • "Great training provided for new sales agents(in 35 reviews)

• "This company is based on positivity PMA to be exact and that stands for positive mental attitude(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours to start(first 6 months to 1 year)(in 42 reviews)

• "Door-to-door sales and prospecting is required(in 41 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "pma"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "District Manager"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Companies core contributions to 401k. Combined Insurance changes my life through PMA. Support and training for new agents is done of the best in the industry

Cons

Agents are straight commission with no compensation for fuel or automotive repairs

January 9, 2019Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We offer our agents a comprehensive benefits package as well as ongoing training and support-thank you for sharing that these are important to you. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The workplace environment is amazing with the pma Philosophy( positive mental attitude) I am in charge of my schedule and income. They train at all levels after 13 yes I still get great training and support from my management team.

Cons

This is sales!!! If you can't handle that this is not the career path for you. Most people that have many cons about combined just couldn't do it and rather than admit it blame this great organization. This company has given my family a new life. I make such figures and have secured financial freedom.

September 20, 2018Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We work hard to make sure our employees get the training and support they need, so it's great to hear that after 13 years you still fell well-supported. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ongoing training, daily meetings - PMA - colleagues are nice. Incentive trips. 401K

Cons

Many promises of $100K, realistically the 55% commission is broken down to as low as 20% after you sell. The company keeps 80%. High turn-over, revolving door. If you have a license, your Hired! A lot of family members are hired, therefore expect to receive leads 60 miles away or more.

October 26, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We strive to make sure our agents feel supported and well-trained, and we reward them with a comprehensive benefits package, incentives and bonuses. We wish you all best in your future here with us!

"Life Changing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the best thing that has ever been presented to me! To start the amount of support this organization gives you is incredible and take it from a guy who has been in sales for 6 years and I was selling cars. Also take it from a guy who grew up in a bad area and very poor so I did not come from money and am self made and this company helped me get where I am today. This company is based on positivity PMA to be exact and that stands for positive mental attitude. Also they recognize you for everything you do good never what your doing wrong which does wonders for your confidence. Sounds pretty good so far doesn’t it? It gets even better! Their is a ton of room for growth so take me as an example I started as a new agent and I’ve been with the company for 15 weeks. In those 15 weeks I’ve been promoted two times and have been rewarded a 27% pay raise! Now I’m the Account Executive of the Niagara Region! Now if your thinking this is to good to be true it’s not and the pay is amazing you have weekly bonuses , monthly bonuses and yearly bonuses not including the trips they send you on! For example this year we’re going to Ireland like that’s amazing and it’s all paid for! So again use me as an example I take home after taxes between $1,400 - $1,900!!! Take home!!! Like this is real money and is a real pay and is achievable in just a short 14 weeks. If your out there trying to figure out what you want in life and want an opportunity to become very successful this is the place to be but WAIT theirs more!!! They have an amazing full benefits package with a phenomenal 401k plan. Also you can buy into company stocks at a 15% discount! This company has changed my life and I’m 24 with no insurance sales experience. So if your reading this and think this is to good to be true all I can say is give it a shot and see it for your self this changed my life and I’m writing this review so we as an company can change your life as well. Also Incase if your wondering I love my career I wake up every morning happy to go to work and I can’t say I have ever had they feeling before in my life so if you are not happy where you are in your life give this a try and see because it changes lives.

Cons

You have to be be willing to get up and go to work if you can do that their is no cons!

March 20, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your inspiring story. Through our intensive week-long training, people with little to no experience can learn the skills they need to be successful in the field. Our agents have the opportunity to earn a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales, and we offer a comprehensive benefits package, bonuses, awards and merit-based promotions. Congratulations on your success, and we wish you all the best in your future here with us!

"Great company"

Current Employee - District Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best thing about combined is the PMA philosophy, it helps you in life and in your career with combined.

Cons

People are not willing to put time in for there future.

March 2, 2018Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this review. Having a positive mental attitude, or PMA, is key for success as our agents experience the natural ups and downs of a sales career, and we take pride in helping our employees develop that attitude. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

6. "Opportunity of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great training, great pay, great benefits. The PMA philosophy has changed my life. Combined Insurance has given my family the opportunity to achieve all of our goals!

Cons

To be successful it is very time intensive. There is a lot to learn.

November 3, 2017Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We are so happy to hear that our company has given your "family the opportunity to achieve all your goals." What a great compliment! But we know it's your hard work that is paying off. Thanks again and we wish you all the best at Combined Insurance!

"FOC"

Current Employee - FOC in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Buffalo office is all about spreading PMA!!! Amazing comradery from management to agent level. Awards and incentives never fail to make staff feel appreciated for all of their hard work. Such an amazing atmosphere...I'm happy to have found a place that makes me feel at home!

Cons

You must be ambitious and work for your paycheck. You have to come prepared to go to work every day and go the extra mile. This line of work is not for everyone but it is the right job for the right person.

October 4, 2017Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for sharing this positive review! We can feel your PMA from here! We appreciate that you’ve described a realistic view of what it takes to be successful at Combined Insurance: a can-do attitude, a great work ethic, and the willingness to go the extra mile. As you mentioned, we reward our agents with high quality awards and incentives, and for many of our agents, their teammates become like a second family offering support and encouragement. Thanks again, and we wish you all the best in your future here with us.

"Amazing company!!"

Current Intern - Market Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Combined Insurance for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing training and support (field and classroom) Great benefits package and free leads Amazing advancement opportunities (can happen in first 3-6 months) Great positive culture/environment (PMA!) Stability and security of the company (95 years old, A+ Rating) Great income opportunities for those with a good work ethic!

Cons

-For people who like a 9 am-5pm office position, this is not a good fit. It is mainly a field position and we are not 9-5. We control our schedule so we have flexibility. -For people who can't handle rejection, this is not a good fit. Sales in general wouldn't be a good fit.

"Market Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This company changed my life. I came here for flexibilty and financial independance. I raised my child with Mr. stones philosophy of PMA. This company saved my life and gave me the avenues to support my children the way they deserve.

Cons

Very little cons, never had a problem

November 28, 2017Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring and positive review! We are so happy that Combined Insurance provided you the opportunities you've mentioned here, and we thank you for sharing it with this community. We wish you all the best in your career here with us!

10. "Celebrating 25 Years !!!"

Current Employee - Field Operations Coordinator in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Support Staff, PMA Philosophy, Performance Driven, Stock Options, 401k, Strong Company, Medical, Dental, Vision.

Cons

Only 2 options for Medical Coverage

October 13, 2017Social Media Manager

Congratulations! We are so thrilled to have longtime employees like yourself, and we appreciate that you took the time to share this positive review. We offer all our full time employees a comprehensive benefit plan, and we do our best to always support our agents the best we can. Thanks again and we wish you all the best here at Combined!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 English Reviews