Commonwealth Bank of Australia Adelaide Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2020

3.6
Commonwealth Bank of Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Matt Comyn (no image)
Matt Comyn
  1. "CommBank Experience from Customer to Staff"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Banking Specialist in Adelaide

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia part-time

Pros

Positive work environment which offers praise and motivation to perform. Facilitates professional development, with many opportunities to learn from challenges and grow. Treatment received as a customer only evolves beyond as staff, with a healthy culture for social, personal and financial wellbeing. Advocates equality with consistent acknowledgement and initiatives for social impact and change.

Cons

Adelaide job market is small and seeking opportunities to work as a law/commerce graduate in business units outside of Retail Banking can be challenging.

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Response

We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience from customer to staff at CommBank. Thanks for your hard work. All the best in your current and future roles.

2. "CBA"

Current Employee - Relieving Officer in Adelaide

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is secure and there are a lot of benefits for employees. As a young entrant into the workforce, they have given me a lot of room to grow and there seems to be a lot of opportunity to climb.

Cons

Short break times are annoying.

"No room to grow."

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Banking hours are good when you dont work overtime amd not get paid.

Cons

No room to grow. Not how well you are doing your job but who you are best friends with. Also if you can put another team member down to look good you look better. Dont get overtime if you work more hours.

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Response

At CommBank we are all guided by code of conduct in everything that we do. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a poor experience and feel your time isn’t valued. Your feedback is important and in order for us to take action we encourage you to contact our anonymous hotline on 1800 SpeakUP (1800 773 258).

4. "Fair"

Current Employee - Relationship Executive in Adelaide
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Car included in salary package

Cons

Pay is 10% -20% below other OFI

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Adelaide

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Work culture to work at

Cons

Sometimes you might get tight deadlines

6. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Adelaide
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunities for advancement are good if you live in Eastern States, good training, excellent values

Cons

Pay rate is less than other banks, opportunities are limited if you live in WA or SA

"Very enjoyable place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Adelaide
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Friendly co workers Good starting job Good work benefits Flexible work timings

Cons

Not the best management Lots of bad media Not the best customers

8. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Adelaide

I worked at Commonwealth Bank of Australia part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Culture - If you hit your targets there is opportunity to grow - You develop real drive for your branch to succeed and grow

Cons

- Very target orientated but this is the banking sector, specialists are trained to seek opportunities and add value

9. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Retail Banking in Adelaide

I worked at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent high level of training, good salary, long term employer, opportunities always available

Cons

Team culture in SA very clicky, positions held tight with little room to move into other areas, staff hiring friends not always the best person for the job.

Continue reading
  10. "Customer service specialist."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Adelaide
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia part-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary Discounts People Generally good hours if you put the effort in. Ability to develop skills and move up fast

Cons

Stress KPIs can be quite high Pressure Taking time off can be hard sometimes Having to justify all the fees involved in banking (not just a cba thing) Overtime doesn't exist. Banks expects you to have all your work done with a high work load and don't pay you for it.

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Response

Thanks for your post. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Raising this issue through HR Direct would enable us to follow up this matter internally. You can do this by calling 1800 989 696 Monday to Friday 8:00am to 7:00pm AEST and AEDT.

Found 16 reviews