Commonwealth Bank of Australia Graduate Engineer Trainee Reviews

Updated 15 Sep 2019

4.3
Commonwealth Bank of Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Matt Comyn (no image)
Matt Comyn
1 Rating
  1. "Best Bank Should Become a Tech Company"

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Great flexibility to find and work on projects which suit you + Lot's of interesting stuff to work on - although some not-so-interesting stuff + Work life balance. Work as hard as you like and be recognised for it

Cons

- Projects move very slowly - Some tech is outdated - Working in very constricted and regulated environment - AU Banking is closely monitored by gov - Not given much responsibility

Continue reading
  2. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Graduate Engineer

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time

Pros

Big systems so a lot of hard problems

Cons

Bureaucratic so it takes time to get things done.

"Impactful work with unique team cultures"

Current Employee - Graduate Analyst in Sydney

Pros

The culture, the teams, the managers. The culture within the teams. From funny banter to ping pong Thursdays to Hearthstone each team I spent time in offered great experiences. I also take full advantage of the work/life balance offered here to support my volunteering commitments with full backing from managers. If you want to make a difference both at work and within your community this is definitely a place you want to be. The development I've received whilst working here has also been exceptional with a special thanks to my managers work.

Cons

I have run into some red tape within the organisation that has halted work on projects (although it was finished with approvals). However that is to be expected at a bank. While it is rare a hierarchy exists in some parts of the organisation but PA's do a great job of managing this and I haven't experienced it within any analytical role.

Continue reading
  4. "Overall a positive experience."

4.0
    Current Employee - Graduate Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time

Pros

A good work culture that helps to develop its employees by providing opportunities to build further skills and gain new experiences.

Cons

Certain teams in the Bank can have poor man-management which leads to lots of movement in and out of these teams.

5. "Great approach to finding the right candidate"

Current Employee - Commonwealth Bank Graduate Program in Sydney

Pros

Gender equality, innovative, great organisational climate. I have experienced the hiring process for the graduate program at the commonwealth bank. They were professional, communicative and friendly! It was the best experience I had with the graduate program assessment centre and recruitment process.

Cons

As with any large corporation, non are perfect. Commonwealth bank is competitive, and without the correct degree and skills, chances are you wont make it through the recruitment process.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews