Commonwealth Bank of Australia Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 2 Aug 2020

4.1
Commonwealth Bank of Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Matt Comyn (no image)
Matt Comyn
Pros
Cons
  • "Lots of red tape because of the nature of the business(in 84 reviews)

• "Large organisation with barriers to manage(in 59 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best Job Ever."

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia for more than a year

Pros

Great support, flexible working arrangements, recognising great work and premium facilities.

Cons

Too many process overheads not adding value to delivery.

2. "Remediation assessor"

Former Employee - Internet Assessor in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours Big corporations culture

Cons

Limited career progress Wealth management can be the downside business Contracts work

3. "Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Risk Reduction Manager, Home Buying in Sydney

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, incredibly supportive culture, reward and recognition in place, fantastic job opportunities, incredible support

Cons

No cons, I love working for the bank

July 9, 2020Team

Thanks for your lovely feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you’re enjoying your role with a supportive team and work-life balance. We want to thank you for hard work over these 8 years and we wish you continue success in your current and future roles.

4. "An organisation who looks after you"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Flexible work arrangements - Value-add work; clear connection to purpose - Surrounded by people who want to achieve a common goal - Good pay and staff benefits - Beautiful office locations/buildings - Speak up culture/constructive challenge encouraged - A large organisation with the opportunity to move around

Cons

- Hierarchical structure; top-heavy in management - A lot of change/rapid pace, with long hours at times - Sometimes it's who you know; and technically-skilled people can be promoted into people-leader roles - Can be an attitude of "that's how we've always done things around here" - Development can fall to the wayside if other priorities take over

Continue reading
  5. "Great balance and benefits for average pay"

Current Employee - Change Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time

Pros

Great benefits, flexible working and access to systems/technology to do the job

Cons

Leadership team highly political, limited promotional movement

6. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Manager Risk & Control in Sydney

Pros

Flexible working conditions Manageable workload Genuine interest in employee wellbeing

Cons

Overly ambitious Leaders - Sometimes prioritise their own career progression over team members Salary is not on par with industry levels

7. "CBA working"

Current Employee - Executive Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time

Pros

Flexible working, people, diverse opportunities

Cons

Big organisation, pay increase once in are low.

8. "Proud to work for CBA!"

Current Employee - Contact Centre Manager in Newcastle

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CommBank has an outstanding customer centric culture that truly supports the needs of customers and community CommBank is a workplace that values great people - you are recognised and rewarded for great work, supported to achieve your goals and encouraged to speak up and contribute to our organisation CommBank is inclusive and diverse - everyone is encouraged to bring their whole self to work each day CommBank supports it people to be the best they can be, and meet your work life balance needs with options around flexible working, leave entitlements and a great parental leave policy

Cons

If you don't live in major/capital cities, some career choices can be limited if you don't want to move or travel. Having said that, this too is changing with more remote work options becoming available.

May 28, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to see our values, culture and commitment to our people, customers and community come to life. We’re glad that you’ve enjoyed 18 amazing years at CommBank and we wish you continued success. Thanks for all your hard work!

9. "Great place to work and caters for part time working mums"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Parramatta

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible working arrangements e.g part time hrs, work from home. Many opportunities to move into different roles and teams as its a large organisation. Supports development with good internal courses and external.

Cons

some roles like this one require additional hours to complete work that are not paid however sometimes you get time in lieu off if its a lot of hours

May 28, 2020

We’re glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed a variety of roles and good work-life balance over the last 10 years with us. Well done. We want to thank you for your hard work and wish you many more rewarding years and success at CommBank. All the best!

10. "An employer that cares"

Current Employee - Relationship Executive in Perth, Western Australia

Pros

Amazing collaborative and innovative culture in a company that truly lives the values. A fully flexible working environment with a huge enthuses on development. Working for one of the leading banks globally.

Cons

Like all banks you have to put up with the negativity but that just comes with the territory.

May 28, 2020

Thanks for your lovely feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed 10 amazing years with a good work-life balance and growth. We want to thank you for your hard work and we wish you continued success with your current and future endeavours at CommBank. Good luck.

Found 201 reviews