Community Health Plan of Washington Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 16 May 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Leanne Berge

Pros
  • Mission-driven; dedicated people; community-oriented; changing; supportive; strong focus on work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits and balanced work/life (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • company slow to respond to customer service need in ref (in 7 reviews)

• The short time I was there we had extreme high turnover and upper management still believed that we were below the turnover average for Seattle (in 6 reviews)

"manager"

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time

Pros

Mission driven organization with passionate people who want to improve care for people in need.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

"Disorganized bad management zero communication or coordination."

Current Employee - Community OUtreach Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Community OUtreach Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It pays and it may be an opportunity to establish yourself and jump ship under the right manager. They will likely leave before you can really get settled and you will report directly to a vp and it will be hell

Cons

See above. You will be putting out fires and have the fundamental nature of your work changed suddenly. Everyone is unhappy and stressed because orders are given and then changed and changed again.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know how to help or have any advice.
    At the very least understand what each team member of your team is supposed to do and how to leverage them individually

"Love this company. It gets better each week."

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medicaid and health care continues to evolve and grow. So does chpw. We are redesigning to optimize our service to our members and providers. Lots of work to do but we have strong teams committed to the mission.

Cons

To be Medicaid plan of choice is not easy. We had to lose some staff and managers that held us back. Looks like we have bitter or jealous ex-employees following us online still. They need to move on. We are in a much better position to do terrific and rewarding work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Positive reviews count!"

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Those of us who love working here want our voices heard too -THAT's why there have been positive reviews lately. The vast majority here love working hard to fight for health care, working for a not for profit, love our coworkers. We don't always agree, but we all support each other and it's a rare work environment.

Cons

There have been pockets of the org with challenges - where is that not true? But I've seen all of them being actively addressed and those of us who star are truly excited about where we're going.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees! Keep communicating and setting a vision for us.

"Fulfilling, Exciting, Innovative, and Mission Focused company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

I love being a part of a managed care organization that is non-profit and centered around caring for the most vulnerable populations across Washington state. The people who work here actually care for members and contribute many volunteer hours in service to others. The team is diverse, nimble and everyone's ideas count.

Cons

We are growing and need more talented, dedicated team members to take our company to the next level of excellence.

"Great Company with Motivated People"

Pros

CHPW is a small, agile company, always looking for creative ways to grow and better serve our members. The opportunity for personal growth within the company is great - internal promotions and movement happen often and are encouraged. Employees believe in the company mission, and there is a friendly demeanor within the company. I would highly recommend working at CHPW!

Cons

Being a not-for-profit, salaries are sometimes not as competitive in the Seattle market, but benefits and work life balance make up for this.

"Mission driven, people focused"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

I come into work every day excited to do good work with a great group of folks. In short: I love my team! As a plan based solely in Washington State, the company is indeed mission driven and in a unique position to really understand the communities they serve. CHPW takes its mission seriously and gives its employees 40 hours every year to use for community service. In fact, employee benefits are better than many companies in the Seattle area, including a good employer matching 401k and free Orca card.

Cons

As the company, has gotten bigger roles need to be more clearly defined. Turnover has been a bit high, but it’s been a great opportunity to re-evaluate positions, address deficiencies and build stronger teams. With a new CEO at the helm, CHPW is moving in a positive direction.

"The company that gives back"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CHPW is a wonderful place to work. The people that work at CHPW truly cares about our community and the members we serve. We are the only not for profit managed care organization in the state of Washington. All proceeds go back to the Washington State Community Health Centers. The employees also receive an annual bonus based on the companies performance.

Cons

I cannot think of any down points to working at CHPW. I love my job!

"Community Health Plan of WA"

Pros

Cons

small; lack of project management strategy

"Lots of 5 stars in week of 2/13/2017"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission and loved the people I worked with. Hmm, twenty word minimum so typing just to make the minimum

Cons

Management was disconnected. But what really gets me is all these high star ratings all in one week. It's as if the new management had a big push to get better ratings on Glassdoor. That's lame and manipulative.

Advice to Management

Clean house some more.