Conagra Brands Reviews

Found 1,287 of over 1,407 reviews

3.6
Conagra Brands President and CEO Sean Connolly
Sean Connolly
Pros
  • "Exposure to leadership, work/life balance, company jet(in 93 reviews)

• "Great brands, good pay & 401k benefits(in 85 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Reputation is still questionable in Omaha(in 48 reviews)

• "Nonexistent training, exceedingly high demands of employees, poor work-life balance while working remotely, hamster wheel job(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Sep 24, 2021 - Supply Chain Intern in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful company with so many people willing to help an intern succeed

Cons

The only true downside to Conagra was the location, Omaha was not somewhere I saw myself living full time.

2. 4.0

Hard work but Great Company

Sep 17, 2021 - Process Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick Promotions if you're willing to put in the work

Cons

24/7 on call troubleshooting. Must be open to working weekends too

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place

Sep 21, 2021 - General Labor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and care about you

Cons

Too many overtime hours sometimes

4. 5.0

Great people and culture

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast-pace environment, there is always something new going on that keeps things interesting. - Employees have the autonomy to make business decisions or bring forth new ideas. Opportunities to grow and expand skills. - Very helpful and collaborative teams - Quite a few fun social events and internal networking groups - Has all the resources, tools and processes of a large organization with start-up mentality.

Cons

- Currently going through some systems/software upgrades so there are some short-term challenges at this time

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Management

Sep 4, 2021 - Sanitation
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are great

Cons

Management doesn't know what they're doing or listen to concerns.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

People Place

Aug 31, 2021 - Senior Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment and team building

Cons

May give up and good ideas to soon

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to be anytime

Cons

Not too bad, great place

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good

Sep 14, 2021 - Manager in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Workload is very heavy right now

9. 3.0

Leadership Out of Touch & Failed at COVID response

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good Work Life Balance -Generous PTO -Summer Fridays + December half days -Have found in general people like co-workers -Opportunity for advancement and moves between departments -401K is generous but only vests after 2 years

Cons

COVID response -Senior leadership claims to be implementing "modern workplace" when in actuality we are expected to come into office 4 days a week with little accommodation for personal life circumstances. I like the people I work with so I do enjoying coming in the office, but forcing everyone to do so when employees are nervous about getting sick and offering no empathy or compassion for the situation just creates resentment and distrust -Mgt has been insisting employees come into office since Summer 2020 (height of pandemic) and is implementing 4 days a week for +80% capacity starting August 2021. Have to present doctor's note to be exempt from coming in. -Messaging around working in-person has been "It's our competitive advantage" yet we have been #1 in many of our categories while working remotely and we can see our peer companies have been doing just fine running their businesses with remote corporate offices -Communication about return to office has been incredibly disjointed. We were told we would be remote Thanksgiving through early January. However, as cases increased in Chicago in November and we kept receiving emails about postitive cases in office, leadership remained silent and only moved up remote period by three days, ie. Friday before Thanksgiving instead of Wednesday. Leadership prided themselves on "giving us 2 weeks notice" before any return to office but then in January, when realized holidays cases were still peaking when planned to bring us back in, SLT would send out end of day Friday emails letting us know whether or not we should come in the next business day (Monday). This was completely insensitive to the fact employees with kids needed to figure out last minute childcare and some employees were out of state for holidays and would need to keep reworking airplane tickets as the company gave last minute guidance on reopening. For reference, Nestle employees got 90 days notice on reopening. -Leadership knows about these problems and how employees feel and has ignored them. An internal survey showed a majority of employees did not trust leadership or feel they could vocalize their opinions to leadership. There were team discussions on the results where most employees communicated the responses were directly connected to the organization's COVID response and yet SLT still thought it was a good idea to bring us back in August with no-social distancing well before any of our peers and kept up the last minute communication (ie email sent 9-minutes before close of business day that the start of 4-days in office would be moved out a week) and are still offering zero flexibility D&I: this seems to have improved over the last 6 months. The organization has communicated new recruitment strategies and hiring/promotion initiatives to get more POC and women into the organization and leadership roles. But then again, a D&I director was hired in 2020 who left after less than a year at CAG and a lot of the talent I've seen leave the organization have been women and POC.

18 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Aug 28, 2021 - Collections in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and hours. Many opportunities.

Cons

Too many layoffs each year

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,287 Reviews