ConnectWise Development Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 30 Sep 2019

4.0
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
  1. "Don't Forget to Consider the Fringe Benefits"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I recently had the opportunity to attend a concert at Amalie arena here in Tampa in the ConnectWise suite and was blown away by the experience. The suite was stocked with a wide variety of food and beverages and the view was awesome! Our suite is situated just left of center ice, and as an avid Tampa Bay Lightning hockey fan, I cannot wait to watch one of the 41 homes games this season from the ConnectWise suite.... When people are evaluating a company for benefits, they usually focus on compensation, medical, dental, insurance, etc. and not the fringe benefits like fully stocked kitchens, free lunch, and the opportunity to watch hugely popular events from a luxury suite… but they should.

Cons

I would personally appreciate a more flexible work from home policy.

ConnectWise2019-09-30

"OK to start"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free lunch at 3 different places

Cons

Micro managed, ever changing metrics

Advice to Management

Fix management

ConnectWise2019-09-09

"Such a shame"

Former Employee - Strategic Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworker, lots of friendly people Lunch stipends everyday This is just a filler to meet Glassdoor’s 20 word requirement, true story.

Cons

CEO Pay is below industry standard No loyalty to employees Bad insurance Raises are very poor Management, for the most part, is clueless Top end promotions for brown nosers only CEOs brother may run over you in the parking lot. Slow down!!

Advice to Management

The direction of this company is a shame because the upper management is a joke. There are many genuinely nice people that work at CW so you will more than likely make some great friends. This company is all about who you know. Hiring from within is one thing, but it is common practice at CW and therefore, a lot of people aren’t experienced/qualified for their roles. Expect to be drastically underpaid and never... expect much of a raise. In fact, here, the bonus is stated as part of your salary instead of subsidized income like the rest of the world. They recently changed the tax structure so many people, in effect, took a pay cut. Bonuses used to be contingent on performance, now it’s all sales related which makes no sense for the many talented devs over in the developer section. The CEO is quite dishonest with a slew of empty promises. The company credo of ‘Obsessed with Partner(customer) success’ is often at the sacrifice of the employees. During Hurricane Irma a barrage of emails were sent out stating ‘we gotta get back online for our Partners, our Partners, Partners” again and again. It bordered on spam. The Glassdoor rating is not as high as it is because HR employees were given gift cards to come in here and boost the rating. There is no loyalty to employees. You can work here for a decade and just get fired without evidential reason. I didn’t see one email with concern for employees and I hear from friends all the time on what a wonderful job their employers did during such a crisis. As a CRM, even developers at CW say it is slow and painful. I am amazed other CRMs haven’t distinguished CW. There are some truly wonderful people at CW but they are being lead down a slimming upward path by morons (save a few)

ConnectWise2017-09-28

October 3, 2017Culture Manager

We’re sorry to hear you have such a low opinion of your time here at ConnectWise. Thank you for maintaining a positive outlook and being willing to provide us with feedback. Our management team works diligently to guide our company in the direction that will best support profitability and growth for us and our partners. Not everyone will understand every decision but rest assured that no decision is taken lightly. Additionally, our management team contains outside talent as well as internal candidates dependent on who has the skills we need. We love having our colleagues grow with us and choose the best and the brightest to lead our company into the future. We’re concerned to hear that you both did not appreciate the emails regarding Irma and yet felt that Company was not concerned enough about our colleagues during the hurricane and in the aftermath. It seems as though you may have misread or misunderstood our communications. During times of disaster, it is important to overcommunicate. We sent up to three emails a day with updates regarding mandatory evacuations, state of the company and the office buildings effected by Irma, colleague report-in procedures and expectations for future functionality. Each and every one of these communications emphasized one thing overall: be safe and do what’s best for your family. Any colleagues concerned about safety were supported in their evacuation efforts, all parents with a child who was out of school given the freedom to care for that child, and each and every person in our Tampa offices was told to take every precaution. We made sure our colleagues had the money to take care of themselves by paying everyone a week early and all colleagues in our Tampa offices were given Disaster pay to cover the Friday before the hurricane and the Monday and Tuesday after it should they be unavailable to work. During this difficult time, we were so pleased to see our colleagues in offices unaffected by the storm step up and support our partners in any way possible. As far as staying online for our partners goes, we only ever asked those people who were available to do what they could. Of course, if you have any details on how we could’ve improved our communication and colleague support, we would love to hear greater details from you. Please feel free to email us at culture@connectwise.com so you can tell us how we could improve.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Development in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free Food Free t shirts Beer laptop PDQ lunch Cafe lunch

Cons

Poor management. The company was once great but it has forgotten where it came from. If you are a woman be ready to sleep around to make it to the top. The product management team is a joke. They have no idea what they are doing. They have been trying to release a mobile app for 3 years and still have not released anything. Micromanaging is real. Desktop app has been doing rewrites for a year. Don't be... fooled by the free food. You can find way better companies in Tampa. Malwarebytes, Knowb4, and GFI

Advice to Management

Go back to what made this company a success

ConnectWise2017-09-22

September 29, 2017Culture Manager

We’re sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working at ConnectWise. We like to think of ourselves as a great place to work for more reasons than just our perks such as free food, t-shirts and laptops. Our management has gone through a number of changes and reorganizations over the past few years and we have utilized these changes to give opportunities to people throughout the company. This has come with a learning curve that has challenged our new managers to be the best they can be. You will be happy to hear that we have a new manager training program that will launch soon in order to help our managers grow. Additionally, we find that having leaders who are familiar with our products and business helps us drive operational and business maturity! Our goal is to have a strong, supportive management staff that helps, challenges and leads our colleagues to greatness. Our product management team produces quality products that we proudly provide to our partners. This includes a mobile application for our Manage product that has been available for years. While nothing is perfect, we stand by our accomplishments that have placed us at the top of our field. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us create a better tomorrow. You mentioned that you wanted us to go back to what make ConnectWise successful. We would love you to send us further details by emailing culture@connectwise.com.

"eh, not so great."

Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise for more than a year

Pros

Growing profitable company. Good place to start as an engineer.

Cons

Some real amateur middle managers. Micromanaging developers with time tracking - would make any West coast engineer scoff. Compensation is just terrible.

ConnectWise2016-05-06

May 27, 2016Director of Community

I totally get it, micromanagement can sometimes be annoying. I would also say that sometimes a manager may not know that he or she is micromanaging, so it would be important to communicate. The cool thing about ConnectWise is we are always open and willing to listen, one of our most important core values is your voice, your company.

6. "Great company for personal growth"

Software Development Engineer Intern in Bothell, WA

I worked at ConnectWise for less than a year

Pros

- Competitive salary - Awesome development team - Great company culture, team oriented - For tech interns, there are tons of knowledgable employees that love talking about their areas of expertise. - Fast company growth means many opportunities to take on new challenges

Cons

- Fast company growth also means an intense work environment that can be overwhelming at times - Commute can be lengthy, but the same can be said for most of the Seattle area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic team culture!

ConnectWise2015-07-09

"Great Company,Great Job"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started here about 9 months ago and have had an amazing experience thus far. KPIs are attainable but you have to work. The atmosphere is great, they live by the philosophy to treat their employees well and in return gain employee loyalty. We are provided free lunch everyday and a break room stocked with everything you can imagine. It feels like management genuinely cares and tries to be as transparent as possible.... Great company to work for! I am so glad I took a leap of faith to come here!

Cons

While transparent there is sometimes a lack of communication which is to be expected in any organization. Wish the vacation time was different.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

ConnectWise2015-06-19

December 2, 2015Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. ConnectWise has grown so quickly over the past year or so and there has been so much change. I'm sure communication may seem difficult or confusing, but I assure you, leadership wants to hear from all of our colleagues! It's an important core value and something we need to continue to work on - especially as the company grows. Time off policies are being reviewed now and keep the ideas coming. Thank you.

8. "Best experience I could ask for in this stage of my career"

Current Employee - Marketing Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company truly believes in and exhibits their core values. The culture encourages innovation and senior management is very willing to listen to fresh ideas. Fellow colleagues seem to feel the same way and it is a joy to work with such an enthusiastic group of people. The company is also willing to find where efficiency can be improved and adjust processes accordingly.

Cons

The fail fast mentality can sometimes lead to running extremely hard at goals that can be a tad overzealous. The quarterly goals can be unrealistic leading to some managers pushing for team members to do things with an emphasis on speed to meet a deadline rather than correctness.

Advice to Management

Ensure that goals are realistic to avoid rushing to meet artificial deadlines.

ConnectWise2015-03-03

June 9, 2015Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. ConnectWise is definitely a fast moving company and you bring up some good points about keeping an eye on quality in addition to delivering fast results. I'm love hearing when colleagues are excited about our core values. That enthusiasm is what is going to keep our company strong and grounded in the midst of super-sonic growth. Thanks for your comments!

9. "Fun, innovative, forward-thinking company with fresh ideas and growth opportunities."

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Executive team open to feedback from all employees within organization Using the latest in software technologies Friendly and fun company culture - employee moral is very high Employees receive free lunch and a completely stocked kitchen!

Cons

It's a fast paced, technical world here, which can create stress and a breakdown in communication at times. The employees at ConnectWise want to deliver high-quality results to our partners (our term for clients). We all put stress on ourselves when we want to deliver, but management consistently puts together activities and opportunities to help us unwind (drawings for concert tickets, gift certificates, sporting... events, etc).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to listen to our employees. There's no better time to be a part of ConnectWise than now!!!

ConnectWise2015-02-23

June 9, 2015Director of Community

ConnectWise is a fast paced company, and I know that is one of the reasons leadership is always looking for ways to hear from everyone on the team. Your voice, your company is one of our core values and I encourage you to keep sharing your ideas. It's great to hear other perspectives that morale is high - that is my experience as well. We understand the need for work life balance, so we are happy to find ways to unwind with our fellow colleagues. Work hard and play hard is a resonating theme.

10. "Best Company Period!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

This has been one of the best experiences I have ever had with a company. Everybody here treats you as an equal from the CEO down to the last man on totem pole. High energy and encouraging staff makes you enjoy your job and coming to work. Great incentives for working hard as well as unlimited training at your finger tips.

Cons

Bagel Friday should be Bagel everyday...

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an amazing job and I wouldn't have you guys change anything.. Always quick to answer any questions we may have with an open door policy.. Love that our manager greet and talks to everyone on the floor every morning showing they really care about you and that your not just another worker.

ConnectWise2015-02-24

June 9, 2015Director of Community

I'm so thrilled that this is your experience because it's really been mine as well. I love the way our leadership works to get to know all of the colleagues even though we are growing so fast. Leverage all of the training afforded to you and don't forget to share your ideas and thoughts on how we can improved. We will get working on "bagel everyday"! :)

Found 18 reviews