ConnectWise Engineer Reviews

1.5
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
0 Rating

"Never join this company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chandra Layout

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

U can chat on whats-app because they have no projects

Cons

NO projects . All dumbs are employed here and they will make ur life hell If u have noting left in ur life or u have no other options left then only join here Ur career will grow downwards and u will left it sector after wrking here.

ConnectWise2020-03-20

"Average software company with all the usual employee perks"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a start-up feel with lots of energy. In a great location just outside of downtown Tampa in a nice corporate park, close to major highways. They offer a daily lunch stipend that can be used at the on-site cafeterias and restaurants. Break roomhs are also stocked with snacks and beverages. Lots of social events and annual trips. Arnie is energetic and has good vision for the company as a whole.

Cons

The business unit that I worked under was riddled with novice and inexperienced managers. Arnie's vision and message rarely made it down to our level as it was obscured by business unit leader antics and politics. Managers made bad business decisions and were more concerned with funding monthly drinking parties than investing in the employees and long term business goals. SALARY: low, not competitive, everyone paid at entry level. MERIT RAISES: low, subjective, not based on measureable metrics. ADVANCEMENT: the only way it seemed to get a promotion was to be really good friends with the higher-ups. SUMMARY: this is a good place to begin your career if you are willing to accept a low salary for a couple of years and then move on.

ConnectWise2018-12-11

"Software devs in the Seattle area can do better"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people. Not expected to work >40 hours.

Cons

Low salary and benefits. Upper management politics will negatively affect you. Company leadership is in Florida - local folks feel like second-class citizens. Overzealous time-tracking requirements.

ConnectWise2018-11-28

"I love coming to work every day."

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve been with ConnectWise for over four years and am on my third team. A lot of the people who were here in the beginning, in the original office, are still around and thriving. The company is big on promoting from within and allowing colleagues to explore their career path at CW. I found this to be very valuable as I started while I was in my early twenties. Many of the employees are younger but even the seasoned vets are young at heart. I love working for a global company in the channel that still feels like a start up. Sales gets all the benefits.

Cons

As is the case in the channel and technology as a whole, leadership is full of old white men. We need to do a better job of cultivating and hiring women and people of color. Say what you want about Arnie, but he doesn’t affect anyone’s day to day unless you’re in upper management. Pay could be better but a matching 401k and free breakfast and lunch offset that. The culture in the Tampa office is fragmented. Now that we’re in 4 buildings, some teams feel less energized.

ConnectWise2018-06-22

"Mediocre job if you ignore office politics"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lunch stipends, and snacks in kitchen area. Simple thoughtless job in development if you are rather intelligent. If you are an "old timer" in development, you can rely upon the Juniors to do all the work for you, and coast by with the rest of the old timers. PTO is approved short notice, and leads are good with being open minded with personal situations.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard. No career movement for most. Management not interested in fixing issues brought up by subordinates. Culture and bonus system pits employees against each other. Esoteric technologies in development lead the Manage application architecture. Layoffs and good talent (especially management) leaving adding stress.

ConnectWise2017-09-27

September 29, 2017Culture Manager

We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed your time here at ConnectWise. We do try to provide an excellent experience for all of our colleagues. We know we aren’t perfect and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve. We do our best to provide career opportunities throughout ConnectWise. At this time, we’re launching a new Career Planning Hub which will provide guidance to our colleagues on where they can go and how to develop their careers. This should help all colleagues, even our long-term ones, find the best path to success. While we have a competitive culture, we do not pit our colleagues against each other. We work together as a team and bonus goals are utilized to challenge individuals to hit personal markers. We pride ourselves on supporting a community of peers. The purpose of our bonus program is to align the company with our partners’ success and our own growth and profitability. Additionally, we haven’t had any layoffs in our development departments since the founding of the company. We do our best to listen to feedback so that we can rectify issues within our company and culture. Our colleagues are given multiple avenues to report concerns including suggestion boxes (located in kitchens across the organization) and reaching out to our Talent team at culture@connectwise.com. We would like to hear more from you and encourage you to submit further details.

6. "Great company, good job, decent compensation"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great Company Perks -Great Community -Career Advancement

Cons

It could be argued that compensation is not quite competitive enough. You may have to put up a good fight to get the compensation you desire.

ConnectWise2017-03-09

"Not Perfect, But Almost There"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is written heavily from a development POV. - Never a shortage of knowledgeable, helpful seniors. There are multiple methods of intra-departmental communication, which helps newer employees become familiar with their duties and improve early on. - I have seen legitimate moves toward shrinking the learning curve for the company. - I have also seen improvements in the development stack. Formerly inefficient programming practices and frameworks are being updated and improved. - Plenty of opportunities for improvement. Development has generally been an expanding department, and many new hires see movement multiple times within their first year. - The work load is reasonable, but due to natural variation in difficulty, completing 100% of assigned work each week may need more than 40 hours. This is more of a way to show initiative than a requirement. - Management is amiable. Initially I had complaints of micromanagement, and now it's less pronounced. - The top of the development ladder is amazing. I've never had a bad experience with the team leads, directors or CTO. They represent and aid the department well. - We heavily use the product we're developing. That innately helps developers sympathize with users and allows them to be familiar with the product. - The CEO has a wonderful personality and is very visible. He updates the company frequently and recognizes standout workers, who span many departments. - The company has started to have mini "think-tanks" and employee-led lectures exploring new technologies and how they can be used in the application. - And of course, ConnectWise's bragging rights. Fully stocked kitchen (lots of junk food, and occasionally healther "dried fruit & nuts" types of things. Plus plenty of fridge food), bonuses, 401(k) with a nice company match, etc. All explained from before employment and I've had no issues.

Cons

I feel there's a lot more pros than cons, but the cons are still very notable. - Though the development practices and tools improve, I frequently see these changes happen in a rush when the current method is failing, rather than just due to the need to be innovative. - Inter-departmental communication still needs work. There's a disconnect between development and (for example) Support and Internal Development that leads to a lot of unnecessary frustration. - Many internal improvements (employee-drafted list of suggestions to improve development & the company, etc.) stop at the planning phase. The suggestions for management aren't being applied. - Daily management, reviews, etc. are pretty lackluster. We're reviewed once a year, and outside of that, we (and our managers) just see numbers that don't factor in potential differences in difficulty / time required. - While there are a lot of potential mobility, it starts to feel more lateral and less like a promotion as the work duties can remain very similar. It becomes more of a change of location. - Starting pay is admittedly not great. And pay doesn't increase immediately upon being promoted. - Micromanagement is still a thing, especially in the lower tier of development. New developers can begin to feel like numbers. - New developers are also put in direct competition, since they're numbers are public to the team and (only) the highest performers receive additional benefits. - I do think that some employees can essentially get blackballed. It seems that independent of work quality, there are a few employees that sit in the same position (even the intro positions) for a very long time and are forced to leave (with their extensive knowledge of the software) after trying to stick with the company and move up for years.

ConnectWise2017-02-21

"Clique over capability"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Physical environment is an improvement over typical corporate environment.

Cons

Newest team members are sent packing if past team members, or friends, want in, no matter how good a job you are doing. Fellow employee niceness is a facade. You never know where you really stand. Interoffice politics is extreme. Fun is diminishing more each year (per long term employees). Fun environment does not make up, nor should it, for bottom pay that is typical for an unknown duration.

ConnectWise2017-02-11

February 16, 2017Director of Community

I'm sorry you had a challenging experience at ConnectWise. As you can probably expect, it's difficult to address things in this forum without more information. Though you were only with the company for a short time, I would have wanted your experience here to have been a positive one. Our core values are to check your ego at the door and to deliver on what you say. There are far more genuinely kind and helpful colleagues here than those who put up a facade or engage in interoffice politics. And "your voice, your company" means we give our colleagues' voices power and look to improve in any area based on their feedback.

"Awesome, progressive company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

There are many opportunities in software development to further your career and learn new skills. There's also a culture within the organization that appreciates hard work and dedication at all levels.

Cons

Starting compensation may not be the most competitive for some positions. However there is enough upward mobility that if you work hard enough, your compensation will eventually match your effort.

ConnectWise2016-07-16

November 15, 2016Director of Community

ConnectWise does love to hire good talented people and help them grow. We are constantly evaluating our compensation and benefits to make sure to remain competitive.

10. "Great company for personal growth"

Software Development Engineer Intern in Bothell, WA

I worked at ConnectWise for less than a year

Pros

- Competitive salary - Awesome development team - Great company culture, team oriented - For tech interns, there are tons of knowledgable employees that love talking about their areas of expertise. - Fast company growth means many opportunities to take on new challenges

Cons

- Fast company growth also means an intense work environment that can be overwhelming at times - Commute can be lengthy, but the same can be said for most of the Seattle area.

ConnectWise2015-07-09