ConnectWise Regional Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 18 reviews

4.9
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
  1. "A perspective of former employee of 5 1/2 years"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Ottawa, ON

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for ConnectWise for about 5 1/2 years.. in Jan we parted ways and I wanted to share my experience. At the core of this organization is a desire to make businesses succeed. Period. If you look at this from the inside out you can start right there. This IS the company’s primary m.o and one of the reasons I loved working for them. I felt like I was actually making other people’s lives better and you could... really feel it in the sense of community that was on display at the user groups and conferences. The CEO Arnie looked after his employees like family. Not every organization is perfect and they experienced some growing pains during my tenor but they always managed to adjust course if the ship started heading the wrong direction. Whether it was modifying quota’s, implementing new territory strategies or supplementing a department that was falling short, you could tell that the leadership team was always in tune with what was going on and not afraid to admit or correct things if they started going sideways. The pay and bonuses were great and throughout my time they were constantly issuing us shares to all the employees so we knew we owned a part of this companies success. I’m sure if you dig in you’ll find good, bad and moderate reviews but the bottom line is this is a great company. The product was best in class and we had all the necessary tools to succeed, so we truly were in control of the size of our pay check depending on how much work we put in. I HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone qualified and driven to succeed and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me over this last 5 1/2 years!

Cons

Get a better DJ for the conference parties ;) I might know one!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to what the RSM’s and BDM’s are telling you. They are almost always more realistically in tune.

ConnectWise2019-04-17

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free breakfast, free lunch, snacks and energy drinks. Two gyms. Fair pay. Amazing culture. Cool management that does not micromanage. The CEO truly cares about his employees.

Cons

The corporate campus is spread out over 4 buildings. Sometimes walking to meetings can be a pain. Product management has a hard time hitting there delivery windows with new products.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring the best and brightest and let them do their job. Continue building a great product and adding to the ecosystem.

ConnectWise2018-04-16

"Hustlers Welcome || Slackers Beware!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

-A great place to learn about the software industry and plenty of opportunity to grow into a career. -Phenomenal work/life balance and a lot of visibility to senior management. -If you work hard you will be rewarded commensurate with your performance. As a sales person I was looking for a place without limit, a place I could literally write my own paycheck everyday I came to work.... that's what I got. It... took a lot more effort than required, however, I was able to x2 my income year 1 and x3 it year 2. -We've built a family focused on success and we hold ourselves to a higher standard; if you're just looking for a place to clock 40 hours a week stay away! -I'm extremely grateful for the professional and personal support many of my colleagues and leadership have shown me during the past 2 years.

Cons

-Training for new hires can be improved. -Outdated equipment for senior employees. Why do the new hires get the nice tech? :) -Hiring senior positions from outside companies; if we lack the talent internally, that's our own fault. Middle management should look internally here, it's your job to get them ready. All of our best reps were built here...

Advice to Management

More fun stuff around the office during the month, it doesn't have to be expensive... silly competitions, games and contests help keep things from getting dull.

ConnectWise2017-10-18

"The real scoop"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Seeing the negative posts out there I wanted to share some of the good of the copany. the good: industry leader, we are the size of the our 2 largest competitors combined. We innovate and seem to stay a step a head of everyone else. We continue to grow and set new records every month and quarter. You can't fake that stuff. And for the haters - look at the dashboard! if you crush quota you can make... a lot of money! many top RSM's make over 200k and I hear we will have our first rep over 300k. leadership has open door policy. they won't always agree but you don't have to worry about losing your job by providing input. CEO has provided his cell to all RSM's and will take a call to chat anytime. VP of Sales has taken a tough seat from former CRO that was very beloved. With that nothing has changed in 3+ months in. Time will tell on this one. No micro-management. They treat you like a big boy - you have a territory and a job to do. It's up to you to perform. I'm guessing the hatters out there are blaming marketing, territory or some other reason. If you aren't hitting maybe you should look in the mirror. Many are hitting. And many are crushing quota. 401k match, great benefits, mid year and full year trip. Changed end of year trip to 120%+ club which is awesome! Overall a great bunch of people to work with at CW and we make a huge impact to our partners that use our products.

Cons

No place has no cons: Communication could absolutely be better. That's where a lot of the concerns are coming from. Approvals for ramps/pricing are out of control. Give back the power to your reps and managers. Let us negotiate and win deals without always having to go up to VP or COO. More flexibility on work from home. That would greatly increase loyalty. No reason why reps can't do 1 or 2 days... a week working from home.

ConnectWise2017-10-23

"Great Culture, Needs some process reform"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ConnectWise for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall fantastic culture. You're typically surrounded by people who share similar work ethic and drive. People tend to care more here than most places - not a lot of people who just 'come to work for a paycheck' so to speak. Company does a great job of trying to take care of its employees by providing perks most companies don't anymore - things like paid lunches, a fully stocked snack room, and quarterly off... campus department events. I've worked here almost 5 years and have progressed upwards - the company does reward personal drive and success with promotions, although those are becoming less frequent as company growth has slowed substantially.

Cons

At times, our company seems to have outgrown its ability to support itself. Processes need refinement, sometimes pretty badly. It's challenging sometimes to have your voice heard, or even a communal voice heard, especially when it goes against what's easy.

Advice to Management

We often see e-mails coming down about speaking up and putting work into getting heard. To me, this is a hair off point compared to the reality of what is really happening - for many, it's not that they aren't speaking up or presenting good ideas to improve things (particularly cross departmentally) - its that those ideas are too often falling on deaf ears. Individuals get frustrated when they see a problem,... present a viable solution, and are often completely ignored. A great way to help solve this would be to hire more external talent. Internal promotion opportunities are critical to allow advancement, but particularly at the VP and C levels too often we are looking internally instead of externally. a 1,000 employee organization is very different from a 300 employee one, yet many of our staff and processes still reflect times past. Bringing in new top talent to revamp processes (and allowing them the flexibility to do so) is critical to the long term success of the company.

ConnectWise2016-12-02

February 16, 2017Director of Community

This is great feedback. Companies should always look inside and outside for talent to make sure they get the right person in the right seat. Accountability is key when it comes to suggestions. It's definitely not unrealistic to expect a response and an explanation for any feedback given. Our CRO does that with the suggestions that he gets. He shares them with the whole department as well as his response. Thank you for the feedback and keep speaking up.

"Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having worked in sales for 10 years its the best environment I have been a part of. If your WILLING to work hard you are rewarded. Started in an entry level sales position and was promoted twice in just a few years. Having sales experience but no technology sales experience the company was willing to offer the proper training to help me succeed. Everyone from my manager to the chief revenue officer have an open... door policy. I would recommend a job to any of my close friends. Two brothers started this company over 30 years ago. Even with tremendous growth I can walk up and talk to either of them for advice.

Cons

No job/company is perfect but really don't have much negative to say. Not one to kiss butt to exceed and i'm still treated with respect.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep things transparent

ConnectWise2016-12-10

"Regional Sales Manager"

I worked at ConnectWise

Pros

Fun, close-knit work environment. Commissions come every month, and very consistent. Positive "pro-sales" work environment. Great perks through sales contests. Monthly recognition. Decent 401k and benefits. Hard work reaps direct and immediate benefits. Product and Sales training are constant.

Cons

No flexibility in terms of hours or working from home. A little too "hands on" in terms of management (sometimes it feels like Kindergarten). A brutally long monthly recap meeting the 1st Monday of each month.

Advice to Management

More visibility into decisions and directions the sales organization is going.

ConnectWise2016-09-07

November 15, 2016Director of Community

We actually changed the format for our all-up meetings to make them shorter and more applicable for all revenue colleagues. We do value transparency and hope to share more and more about the strategic direction of the Revenue team and the entire company as a whole. Thanks!

8. "Only for the best of the best"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love working at ConnectWise. In almost 5 years of working here, i still enjoy coming to work. Pay is competitive, Managers are well balanced with business and play. At times i forget we've more than quadrupled since i starting working here. No company is perfect, but at ConnectWise it really does feel like they aim for partner(customers)success, employee success, and then company success.

Cons

Three Words - No Company Jet... otherwise, from where i sit, nothing wrong here. Even when things are "off" they're open to hearing out your ideas.

ConnectWise2015-12-04

February 3, 2016Director of Community

It really is hard to believe how far we've come and how much we've grown. For me, it's been so valuable to take the time to stop and say "hi" and introduce myself to people I've never met - especially when going to the other buildings or locations. I could definitely get behind your idea of a company jet! Haha!

9. "Great company with a great culture and incredible opportunities to succeed!!!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with a great culture!!!. Management (CEO, COO, VP of Sales) gave a roadmap for the future of the Company and its employees at the beginning of this year and have executed on all of those plans. I don’t know of many companies that share that kind of insight into the business and let everyone know how crucial their part is in making it happen. • Everyone of us has stock in the company • They provide... free lunch every day. • They provide free breakfast every Friday. • We have Waffle Wednesday. • They have a mid-year trip for top performers. • They have Passport to Success/President’s Club • They have a ridiculous amount of sales overlay positions to help us get to our numbers • All RSMs have at least 1 BDM (Business Development Manager) aligned to their territory (some have 2) • All RSMs are mapped to and get paid on what their Territory Account Manager closes • We are paid a Salary and Commission • They pay bonuses for being at 100% for the quarter (or basically for doing your job) • They pay Quarterly bonuses and Annual bonuses • We do a lot of sales outings (a couple a Quarter) • They reward top performers with reserved parking spaces • They provide a ridiculous amount of career pathing opportunities (but with no cliques and no guarantees – it is up to you to seize the opportunity).

Cons

My commute to work, which really has nothing to do with the company, but that’s the only thing I can come up with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and xecuting on your plan!

ConnectWise2014-12-04

December 8, 2014Director of Community

ConnectWise is committed to your success and the success of our partners! I personally love to hear colleagues get excited about the career path opportunities and how they work so well with their teams.

10. "The Best Place i have ever worked"

Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise

Pros

Fast paced that make days fly by. Outstanding culture with excellent core values. The first place where I feel I'm part of something special

Cons

No cons to speak of at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you have been doing.

ConnectWise2014-12-03

December 8, 2014Director of Community

Days fly by, for sure. Almost too fast sometimes. :)

Found 18 reviews