ConnectWise "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

ConnectWise Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 20 Oct 2019

3.6
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
Pros
  • "Free lunch at 3 different places(in 51 reviews)

• "Very relaxed work environment and frequent company events for employee appreciation(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains from a process/operational perspective(in 16 reviews)

• "There are no cons in that company(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Career Growth Opportunities - Masters Assistance Program - Flexible Time Away - Competitive Benefits - Great work environment including open door policy, fully stocked kitchens, lunch stipends, and friendly colleagues - Collaboration and Innovation are encouraged - Global Presence

Cons

-Not really a con, but the company has changed a lot over the years and is growing and maturing. People who like status quo and are hesitant to grow may not fit with the new environment.

ConnectWise2019-09-30
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Communicator

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

- Good management - Very friendly work environment - Lots of team building activities - Educational opportunities - Clear expectations

Cons

- Less than competitive pay

ConnectWise2019-09-25

"Great Company"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, fun work environment

Cons

Salary could be a bit higher

ConnectWise2019-03-03

"Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere with great perks and a respectful work environment

Cons

With any company experiencing growth and expansion, there is always the concern of making all locations feel like one big team

ConnectWise2018-10-02

"Like working in a middle school playground."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual, perhaps TOO CASUAL, work environment. Free food.

Cons

Where do I start? The single most unprofessional place I have ever worked. It's like a bunch of kids fighting at recess. The lack of respect and professionalism is unparalled. Pay is mediocre. ( I left and got a 30k raise at my next job ).

Advice to Management

Hire managers based on skill, not on favoritism or length of service.

ConnectWise2018-06-11

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

ConnectWise is a wonderful place to work for the career driven, hungry individual who is willing to work hard for a hand up - not a hand out. We have a performance driven culture and a very fun work environment for those who want to be social, and go above and beyond their job description to contribute to the organization. This is not a bare minimum, check the box and get a promotion kind of place. Leadership has... always had an open door to take feedback from all layers of the company, and are very present and approachable. Some of the negative reviews here indicate otherwise, but if they have to take to a keyboard on a social media site to express their feelings, it’s hard to imagine that person being able to have any professional business conversation. They will have the same challenges no matter where they go. Many people’s performance challenges are projected on to the company and leadership, because they aren’t able to self-reflect on what they could be doing to better themselves.

Cons

This company has seen tremendous growth year after year. Exploring new markets, selling new products, adding new features/functionality - with all that comes change and challenge. We don’t get it right all the time, but we have proven to be honest with ourselves and change direction before continuing too far down a wrong path. It can be frustrating for those who can’t adapt or see the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. You can never stop the disgruntled who aren’t comfortable enough to come forward and talk through their issues. But for every one of them, there are 10 other happy colleagues who continue to make this a great place to work. That one negative person will work themself out of the company, they won’t feel comfortable continuing to work in our culture and environment. What we have here is... so unique and special, we should remind ourselves of that every day.

ConnectWise2017-10-18
  7. "Good place to gain experience for career"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Match 401K up to 4% Free lunch daily Free (unhealthy) snacks Free coffee Easygoing, laid back work environment Casual dress daily Yearly trips for top performers Friendly colleagues Decent PTO Paid holidays

Cons

Low starting salaries with minimal raises No remote work options Healthcare benefits aren't great Limited training for specific roles Lateral moves available but very limited options for promotions Outdated laptops that break a lot Experiencing a lot of growing pains

ConnectWise2017-08-28

"Lots of perks"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

You get a stipend for lunch every day and kitchens fully stocked with snacks. Very relaxed work environment and frequent company events for employee appreciation. Good benefits and time off. Most of the people there are really cool individuals, overall it's a very good place to work.

Cons

As you would everywhere else, you have to play office politics to get ahead

ConnectWise2017-01-15

"Strictly for underperforming, unruly and lazy job seekers"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free unhealthy food Noisy and fun work environment No work pressure at all Tons of gossip

Cons

Job descriptions do not match the job role at all Lateral switch is a joke as you never get a raise more than the 3% annually Team strength is a myth as everyone is talking about everyone else The performance review is something that should be given to a college student Transparency is a word commonly used and never understood Lazy legacy is the in thing

Advice to Management

If you really want to be called a "Great Company" start with following the company core values yourself and hiring the right candidate for the job instead of cheapest.

ConnectWise2017-02-08

ConnectWise Response

February 16, 2017Director of Community

Core values are never something that should be taken lightly. A company's core values should really reflect how the colleagues interact with one another and with their customers. One of my favorite core values here at ConnectWise is "your voice, your company." I would encourage you to constructively share your feedback. If not to your direct manager, try another. I'm always here to listen. This is an opportunity for you to affect positive change. We want colleagues like you who value trust and camaraderie who work hard and who are open with one another.

10. "AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Work Environment, Training, Flexibility, Growth

Cons

There are no downsides whatsoever;

ConnectWise2016-12-08