ConnectWise "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

ConnectWise Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 11 Jul 2019

Found 240 reviews

3.7
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
Pros
  • "Free lunch at select lunch cafes(in 49 reviews)

• "Very relaxed work environment and frequent company events for employee appreciation(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "As has been mentioned in other reviews, when you are growing so fast, sometimes there is growing pains from that(in 16 reviews)

• "They make you work lots of long hours(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Company"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, fun work environment

Cons

Salary could be a bit higher

ConnectWise2019-03-03

"Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere with great perks and a respectful work environment

Cons

With any company experiencing growth and expansion, there is always the concern of making all locations feel like one big team

ConnectWise2018-10-02

"Like working in a middle school playground."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual, perhaps TOO CASUAL, work environment. Free food.

Cons

Where do I start? The single most unprofessional place I have ever worked. It's like a bunch of kids fighting at recess. The lack of respect and professionalism is unparalled. Pay is mediocre. ( I left and got a 30k raise at my next job ).

Advice to Management

Hire managers based on skill, not on favoritism or length of service.

ConnectWise2018-06-11

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

ConnectWise is a wonderful place to work for the career driven, hungry individual who is willing to work hard for a hand up - not a hand out. We have a performance driven culture and a very fun work environment for those who want to be social, and go above and beyond their job description to contribute to the organization. This is not a bare minimum, check the box and get a promotion kind of place. Leadership has always...

Cons

This company has seen tremendous growth year after year. Exploring new markets, selling new products, adding new features/functionality - with all that comes change and challenge. We don’t get it right all the time, but we have proven to be honest with ourselves and change direction before continuing too far down a wrong path. It can be frustrating for those who can’t adapt or see the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. You can never stop the disgruntled who aren’t comfortable enough to come forward and talk through their issues. But for every one of them, there are 10 other happy colleagues who continue to make this a great place to work. That one negative person will work themself out of the company, they won’t feel comfortable continuing to work in our culture and environment. What we have here is so...

ConnectWise2017-10-18
  5. "Good place to gain experience for career"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Match 401K up to 4% Free lunch daily Free (unhealthy) snacks Free coffee Easygoing, laid back work environment Casual dress daily Yearly trips for top performers Friendly colleagues Decent PTO Paid holidays

Cons

Low starting salaries with minimal raises No remote work options Healthcare benefits aren't great Limited training for specific roles Lateral moves available but very limited options for promotions Outdated laptops that break a lot Experiencing a lot of growing pains

ConnectWise2017-08-28

"Lots of perks"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

You get a stipend for lunch every day and kitchens fully stocked with snacks. Very relaxed work environment and frequent company events for employee appreciation. Good benefits and time off. Most of the people there are really cool individuals, overall it's a very good place to work.

Cons

As you would everywhere else, you have to play office politics to get ahead

ConnectWise2017-01-15

"Strictly for underperforming, unruly and lazy job seekers"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free unhealthy food Noisy and fun work environment No work pressure at all Tons of gossip

Cons

Job descriptions do not match the job role at all Lateral switch is a joke as you never get a raise more than the 3% annually Team strength is a myth as everyone is talking about everyone else The performance review is something that should be given to a college student Transparency is a word commonly used and never understood Lazy legacy is the in thing

Advice to Management

If you really want to be called a "Great Company" start with following the company core values yourself and hiring the right candidate for the job instead of cheapest.

ConnectWise2017-02-08

February 16, 2017Director of Community

Core values are never something that should be taken lightly. A company's core values should really reflect how the colleagues interact with one another and with their customers. One of my favorite core values here at ConnectWise is "your voice, your company." I would encourage you ...

• "AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Work Environment, Training, Flexibility, Growth

Cons

There are no downsides whatsoever;

ConnectWise2016-12-08

"Regional Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise

Pros

Fun, close-knit work environment. Commissions come every month, and very consistent. Positive "pro-sales" work environment. Great perks through sales contests. Monthly recognition. Decent 401k and benefits. Hard work reaps direct and immediate benefits. Product and Sales training are constant.

Cons

No flexibility in terms of hours or working from home. A little too "hands on" in terms of management (sometimes it feels like Kindergarten). A brutally long monthly recap meeting the 1st Monday of each month.

Advice to Management

More visibility into decisions and directions the sales organization is going.

ConnectWise2016-09-07

November 15, 2016Director of Community

We actually changed the format for our all-up meetings to make them shorter and more applicable for all revenue colleagues. We do value transparency and hope to share more and more about the strategic direction of the Revenue team and the entire company as a whole. Thanks!

• "Love it here! Great opportunity to be successful."

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Great work environment, attentive leadership and family atmosphere. We definitely work hard play hard and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have the freedom and autonomy to schedule out my day most effectively while still focusing on our partners success. Great benefits.

Cons

Poor change Management and poor internal infrastructure. Growing pains show because of the lack of change management.

Advice to Management

Better Change Management

ConnectWise2016-06-17

November 15, 2016Director of Community

I know there has been a concerted effort to bring more process and consistency around change management. I know that the team is open to hearing suggestions. Please speak up and share your insight! :)

Found 240 reviews