Cross Country Education Reviews

3.7
Cross Country Education President and CEO Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay, unruly students, not enough work(in 7 reviews)

• "I have yet to experience any Cons about Direct Ed(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in East Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cross Country Education offers flexible schedules and a fair hourly pay rate.

Cons

There are not many day to day assignments due to Covid-19.

December 21, 2020Review Team

We really appreciate you sharing your experience working with Cross Country Education, and we’re very happy that you found it to be a positive one. We look forward to helping you achieve all of your career goals. Thank you!

2. "Low pay and micromanagement"

1.0
    Former Employee - School Psychologist

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, ability to work from home.

Cons

Pay is not market rate. Management is a business first and does not support employees

3. "Good job out of college"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cross Country Education part-time

Pros

A good place to get experience if you are new to teaching. Pay seems fair.

Cons

Not very much training or benefits offered

October 14, 2020Review Team

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate it and wish you the best in all your future career endeavors.

4. "A mess"

2.0
    Former Employee - Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time

Pros

The pay is fair and the benefits package is pretty good. You also have a nice amount of vacation time and you are encouraged to use it.

Cons

There’s a lot of promises of growth and advancement, but they don’t deliver. There’s a lot of micromanagement, but it can be very difficult to get a hold of management if you have a problem or a question. My direct manager even said they did not want to be answering questions from the team.

October 14, 2020Review Team

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, as it does not reflect our intentions or expectations. We believe that every negative experience is a learning opportunity, so we hope you will reach out to us to discuss this situation further. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter confidentially at HRHelp@crosscountry.com. Thank you and best of luck in all your future career endeavors.

5. "Wonderful company!"

Current Employee - BID-Behavior Intervention Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

The SpEd department is consistently there to support you with any questions or concerns. Amazingly talented and experienced leads to support with clinical questions/advice. As a BCBA, I have never been happier with an employer. GO CCE!!

Cons

There are none at this time.

April 13, 2020Review Team

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to watching our employees shine!

6. "Substitute Teaching"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cross Country educator support team is supportive towards their employees, they allow employees to go to jobs they want, and help employees during challenging days at the schools.

Cons

Some of the Charter Schools can be challenging and have students with aggressive behaviors.

March 24, 2020Review Team

We love hearing when our employees are happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Cross Country Education.

7. "Be Prepared to be Placed in Very Problematic Schools"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jobs are almost guaranteed with the ReadySubs job portal.

Cons

Each school is different than the next. You have zero benefits.

April 3, 2020Review Team

8. "Warning Danger ahead"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time

Pros

Decent base salary. Not much more I can say but it requires more words to move past field

Cons

Major management changes it’s like the patients are running the asylum. There are layoffs happening left and right and unfair practices between offices. Morale really low no trust in the management team. Has the potential to be great but is falling short and don’t want to hear the shortcomings to make things better. Very narcissistic and their thought processes. HR staff that are untrust worthy with hidden agendas not looking out for the employees.

February 10, 2020Review Team

Thank you for your review. We do not think this falls to the Cross Country Education division, but we will look into your concerns for CCH as a whole. We are saddened to learn that your time with us was unpleasant. With your help, we can take preventive measures to ensure that the culture improves. Please email HRHelp@crosscountry.com to discuss this issue further so we can resolve this.

9. "30-day permit sub"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Cross Country Education part-time

Pros

They offer training for CPI (free of charge), as well as many other courses to aid you as a teacher. Support team is very attentive. Have the opportunity to make more than the base pay of 145/full day, but requires lesson planning or being on retainer.

Cons

Schools typically don't provide parking. Very, very frustrating and at time dangerous when you have to walk back to your car with the chaos of the neighborhood as well as walking along with the studens getting out of schools who may bother you. Should be paid more for what we deal with. This years pay raise was 140/day to 145/day. Not good.

October 22, 2019Review Team

Thanks for taking the time to write on our review page. We are glad to hear you recognize the efforts of our support team, training, and opportunities. Your feedback is appreciated. If you'd like to further reach out to address concerns, please email HRHelp@crosscountry.com at your earliest convenience.

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - School Psychologist in San Fernando, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for DirectEd it is a very good company to work for. The support that they give their employees is amazing! The home office does an excellent job in responding to emails regarding the status of a case file, answering questions, or shipping testing materials in a timely manner. DirectEd truly is vested in the professional growth of their employees they provide trainings and professional collaboration with Leads who are experts in their respected fields. By far one of the best companies I have worked in!

Cons

No cons at the moment.

October 22, 2019Review Team

Thank you very much for this review. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, happy to hear you recognize our efforts for growth, training and support.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 English Reviews