Crown House Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.7
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Know the project if accepting a position."

Former Employee - Site Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Site Engineer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Crown House Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They used to have generous travel allowance. But I understand they have now made it really hard to claim and for little money.
    They offer company cars. Still can't see how they are worth £4000 pounds a year though. Select (Hire Devision) must make a big profit for the company there. I wanted the money, but the company said I must have a car. In the 2 years I was there, I never used my car for work, including not even driving to work.

Cons

Almost impossible to get a pay raise, even if put into a higher position. They have had losses the last couple of years and use that as an excuse to not give raises. The final decision on raises comes from someone very high up at the main office who you will never meet and has never been to the job. They also talk about bonuses, but I don't actually know anyone who had ever got one.
    They put me into a position that wasn't suitable for me and a position I was never told about during my job interview.
    Company totally underestimated the scope of the job I was on. Even once they identified the problem, they didn't put on extra staff, just overloaded the ones already on the project.
    Only seem to put arrogant people who have the gift of the gab onto their Young Guns development program. I saw some really good engineers rejected and some really terrible engineers accepted.
    I saw Ray O'Rourke (Company Owner) twice on site. He didn't talk to anyone but the project leader. Nice to feel appreciated while working ridiculous hours and being underpaid.
    Company seems to be at war with there own tradesmen, making difficult jobs even harder.

Advice to Management

Deal with some of the big issues that keep being brought up on the staff survey, like the poor work/life balance. Instead of getting us 10% off at some shop and then giving yourself a pat on the back like you just solved the world's problems.

2. "Planner"

Pros

Excellent Training & Support in place

Cons

Wage Increases hard to come by.

3. "Working for crown house technologies."

Former Employee - Pipefitter/Plumber in Barking, London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pipefitter/Plumber in Barking, London, England (UK)

I worked at Crown House Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company takes a great deal of care of its employees, in all aspects, with good holiday entitlement, sick pay, they are a very safety minded company in all aspects and there projects are usually large, working with Laing o'roark.

Cons

You are expected to work wherever the company want you even away from home.

Advice to Management

No advice.

4. "Great company to work for"

Pros

Professional, dedicated people to work with and for

Cons

If good skills there are non cons!