Find jobs for Account Executive

Culture Amp Account Executive Reviews

Updated 19 Oct 2020

4.6
Culture Amp Founder & CEO Didier Elzinga (no image)
Didier Elzinga

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I feel very fortunate to be at Culture Amp

7 Apr 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience with Culture Amp has been a very positive one. The organisation truly cares about its employees and invests heavily in employee development to give everyone the resources that they need to get to their 'next role', whether that is internal or external. There is a clear path to progression here. Not only that, everyone works hard to ensure that we keep hold of the Culture that makes this place so special. Last year, the company flew everyone to the Yarra Valley, Australia, for 'Culture CAmp' where ~320 of us got to spend a week amongst each other for team building exercises, strategy and vision workshops, etc. The Culture Amp product itself is top notch. We're very luck to work with some of the most innovative companies in the People & Culture space, and that pushes our product teams to do more. The pace of product development has really improved over the past 18 months and we're now shipping new functionalities weekly. Lastly and more crucially, our CEO, Didier, is an exceptional man. He's been even more present & transparent over the past month, and it's been so reassuring to have him and the rest of the Exec team at the helm during Covid. I feel very fortunate to be at Culture Amp, and even more so today.

Cons

We're a global organisation with offices in Mebourne, San Francisco, NYC and London, which brings about communication challenges. We use slack and zoom a lot..! It's be great to see more transparency around pay brackets.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Working hard to be Culture First

19 Oct 2020 - Lead Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible working patterns, with a culture that supports family time and time away from work in a fast growth environment.

Cons

Having key leadership in San Francisco and Melbourne can make it difficult to support strategic change in EMEA or New York.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

One of the best places on Earth

13 Aug 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong human leadership Values driven Mentorship This is a place where you’ll grow both professionally and personally

Cons

Unclear career paths and way to explore other skills

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great leadership

20 Apr 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely amazing leadership team. Communicating and leading from the front with the daily CEO video updates from Didier and constant AMA sessions with other execs. Couldn't have asked for a better leadership team - thank you for listening and inspiring us every day!

Cons

No downsides, it is a truly outstanding company that really cares about their employees.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company that really does live it's values

8 Mar 2019 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A really friendly, inclusive and supportive working environment that definitely does put culture first. The companies values are at the heart of the business and the organisation is doing a great job in preserving those as the business scales rapidly. As the company is growing so rapidly there are lots of opportunities for career and professional development. The company is very supportive of this with the 'Learn yourself up' program as an example. The current Exec team look well placed to lead the next phase of growth with a really strong collective skill-set and dynamism.

Cons

The company is growing at scale, so if you do not relish change, both in terms of role and processes, this may not be the place for you. Still a mature tech start up here in the UK market.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

More than just a job

12 Jun 2019 - Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A feeling of belonging right from day 1. - Autonomy and freedom. - A selfless focus on team success - A product you can believe in and that customers love. - The chance to go out your comfort zone, take ownership of new ideas or projects. - Genuine encouragement to look after your wellbeing and work/life balance

Cons

Lack of clarity / transparency on what's required in order to progress into higher levels or to justify a salary increase. There's a lot of work ongoing to fix the performance management process so hopefully that improves.

7. 5.0

Practicing What we Preach

11 Jun 2019 - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible Work -Small Team Engagement| Your voice matters -Strong Team -Fluid On-boarding Process -They Consider the entire human being -Start up Environment -Mature, Passionate, Intelligent, Progressive, Customer Centered Employees -Scaling effectively

Cons

-Start-Up Environment -Office space (but hey WFH help the balance)

Culture Amp Response

Chief People Officer

Thanks for your note. It's always nice to see a solid list of "pros" for an employee. I'm particularly pleased to see that you feel we "consider the entire human being." This hugely important to me as CPO, as well as Didier (CEO) and the rest of the Exec team. In my experience and observation, employees' common humanity often gets overlooked by company leadership, especially in fast growing organizations. We're committed to never forgetting that each person brings a unique collection of hopes, dreams, skills, knowledge, and expertise to work with them everyday. How we leverage this will distinguish us as a company. Well said: the start-up environment can be both a pro and a con! The pros are the ample opportunities to build and influence the future direction of the company alongside thoughtful, creative colleagues. There's never a dull day! Cons are present too - like quickly outgrowing our office spaces. But that's a good problem to have and you're right, our support of "working from home" tempers that.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Culture First? They're trying, but not quite there yet

9 Apr 2019 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

A bunch of very happy, positive and enthusiastic people to work with. A lot of support from colleagues, and genuine caring for each other in local groups. Willingness to spend marketing dollars promoting a message about improving workplaces and how to do it. Learn Yourself Up and Coaching for Everyone programs for employees. Dedication to creating a People Geek community with anyone (non-customers welcome). Generally transparent approach to doing business and communicating with employees.

Cons

A bit like a plumber who has leaky pipes in their own home, Culture Amp doesn't always practice what they preach. It can feel fake and as an employee you are given the bare minimum, rather than being fully recognized and valued. There are plans to improve this, however some of my own personal experiences were: * no ability to exercise my share options when I wanted to, had to wait 2 years and do lots of nagging, resulted in very high personal tax which was avoidable if Culture Amp were more organized * no bonuses or additional share options issued to recognize good work * no 401k matching or wellbeing benefits * no growth opportunities for me If you are considering Culture Amp as an employer, I recommend you ask for an update on the above if they are important to you, as there are plans to make some changes.

16 people found this review helpful

Culture Amp Response

Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback, especially since you’ve been with us for more than five years and have seen us through various stages of growth.
 The ‘pros’ you mentioned highlight some truly remarkable aspects of Culture Amp - I’m glad you had a chance to experience them. :) Happy, positive, enthusiastic employees who are *also* caring and supportive doesn’t happen by accident. We take a lot of pride in creating a meaningful employee experience and sense of community. Though there is always room for growth, employee sentiment is one indicator of how well we’re creating conditions for employees to thrive. Investing marketing dollars - in addition to time, energy, and heart - to build an inclusive People Geek community is another ‘pro’ I’m proud of, just like you. Not all companies will invest to build a movement solely because it’s the right thing to do. Our efforts in this area illustrate Culture Amp’s focus on *lasting impact*. Our work is about more than just us. Your point about a ‘plumber with leaky pipes’ is noted, and humbling. We’re committed to stronger alignment between our external thought leadership and internal people practices. In fact, one of the People & Experience team’s macro priorities for the year is ‘Internal Culture First’. That means dedicating resources - human and financial - to make sure we fix any leaky pipes. Thanks for suggesting candidates/new employees ask for updates on our approach to options, bonuses, 401k matching, and wellbeing - we’ll be happy to tell them about the progress we’re making. We have also just launched a pilot program to bring in underestimated, diverse talent. You’re right, accountability starts and ends with Culture Amp leaders, which is why we're evolving the organization to align with our desired impact in the world and our people practices to align with an even more meaningful employee experience. Thank for for all you efforts to grow Culture Amp. Wishing you much success in the future.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews