Find jobs for Customer Success

Culture Amp Customer Success Reviews

Updated 28 Jan 2021

4.8
Culture Amp Founder & CEO Didier Elzinga (no image)
Didier Elzinga

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the few genuinely authentic mission-focused companies in SaaS

28 Oct 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working on a mission that's genuinely ethically focused (changing how companies put people first). - Having an authentic CEO who's a world-class visionary leader and who is also approachable. - Being able to be involved with the world's leading companies, it's ridiculous how many top companies use Culture Amp. - Culture First ethos means Culture Amp internally aims to live to incredibly lofty standards (even if the leadership does sometimes struggle to meet all the demands of employees). - The great employee brand in the market means the types of people you work with tend to be highly skilled but also good to work with (e.g. no brilliant jerks). - The no-commission model allows provides psychological space to deliver a better service. - The products themselves are actually based on science, a lot of SaaS products out there are just based on an imaginary problem and then just focused on sales rather than being grounded in best practice scientific principles.

Cons

- The speed of change can be a challenge (I think you'd find that at most similar-sized companies). - Because Culture Amp leads the industry, there's a target on your back from a range of competitor products and it can be frustrating when other providers act mischievously or just have an entire strategy based on depositioning you (e.g. suggesting approaches that are not backed in science but are just different for the sake of convincing customers they should move away from CA). - The breadth and power of the platform does mean there's a big learning curve when starting (especially across Performance and Surveying). - As a VC-backed company, Culture Amp internally is cost-conscious when it comes to spending on staff outside of salaries, so there's no big Christmas bonuses, expensive lunches, or that sort of cash-splash benefits other technology companies may provide. - I listed it as a Pro above, but if you love commissions, then the no-commission model is a Con (unless you want to give it a go) .

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, amazing place to work

27 Feb 2016 - Customer Success Coach in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Firstly, it's a great place to be. This is the friendliest workplace I've ever experienced and it continues to impress me. So, the culture here is amazing. Although the standards and expectations are high - it is entirely up to you how you get the work done, the most flexible workplace ever. The work we do is equally amazing - fast paced, on a global scale helping companies all around the world improve their culture to make better places to work.

Cons

Things move very, very fast here, so although it's not a con, the main consideration is the 'full on nature' of everything that happens.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Truly Culture First

28 Jan 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

An inspiring level of empathy and inclusion across teams

Cons

It's easy to burn out and lose work/life balance with the level of passion employees put toward the mission of building a better world of work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Culture First? They're trying, but not quite there yet

9 Apr 2019 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

A bunch of very happy, positive and enthusiastic people to work with. A lot of support from colleagues, and genuine caring for each other in local groups. Willingness to spend marketing dollars promoting a message about improving workplaces and how to do it. Learn Yourself Up and Coaching for Everyone programs for employees. Dedication to creating a People Geek community with anyone (non-customers welcome). Generally transparent approach to doing business and communicating with employees.

Cons

A bit like a plumber who has leaky pipes in their own home, Culture Amp doesn't always practice what they preach. It can feel fake and as an employee you are given the bare minimum, rather than being fully recognized and valued. There are plans to improve this, however some of my own personal experiences were: * no ability to exercise my share options when I wanted to, had to wait 2 years and do lots of nagging, resulted in very high personal tax which was avoidable if Culture Amp were more organized * no bonuses or additional share options issued to recognize good work * no 401k matching or wellbeing benefits * no growth opportunities for me If you are considering Culture Amp as an employer, I recommend you ask for an update on the above if they are important to you, as there are plans to make some changes.

16 people found this review helpful

Culture Amp Response

Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback, especially since you’ve been with us for more than five years and have seen us through various stages of growth.
 The ‘pros’ you mentioned highlight some truly remarkable aspects of Culture Amp - I’m glad you had a chance to experience them. :) Happy, positive, enthusiastic employees who are *also* caring and supportive doesn’t happen by accident. We take a lot of pride in creating a meaningful employee experience and sense of community. Though there is always room for growth, employee sentiment is one indicator of how well we’re creating conditions for employees to thrive. Investing marketing dollars - in addition to time, energy, and heart - to build an inclusive People Geek community is another ‘pro’ I’m proud of, just like you. Not all companies will invest to build a movement solely because it’s the right thing to do. Our efforts in this area illustrate Culture Amp’s focus on *lasting impact*. Our work is about more than just us. Your point about a ‘plumber with leaky pipes’ is noted, and humbling. We’re committed to stronger alignment between our external thought leadership and internal people practices. In fact, one of the People & Experience team’s macro priorities for the year is ‘Internal Culture First’. That means dedicating resources - human and financial - to make sure we fix any leaky pipes. Thanks for suggesting candidates/new employees ask for updates on our approach to options, bonuses, 401k matching, and wellbeing - we’ll be happy to tell them about the progress we’re making. We have also just launched a pilot program to bring in underestimated, diverse talent. You’re right, accountability starts and ends with Culture Amp leaders, which is why we're evolving the organization to align with our desired impact in the world and our people practices to align with an even more meaningful employee experience. Thank for for all you efforts to grow Culture Amp. Wishing you much success in the future.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company where you have true autonomy and the ability to build towards making a difference

11 Jun 2019 - Customer Success Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Amp is extremely mission driven and committed to building "Culture First" organizations throughout the world. This leads to a group of people that are happy, engaged in the work they're doing and overly positive and caring. You'll truly never meet a better group of people to call coworkers or feel more apart of a team in the workplace. My favorite part about Culture Amp is the genuine desire to help all employees (all levels, backgrounds, experience, etc.) learn and develop in a safe environment. The emphasis on feedback and learning faster through it (a core value) creates the ability for those that proactively take learning & development into their own hands to succeed and excel at a quick pace. Leaders are transparent about the things that we're still figuring out and working on. I genuinely believe that they are committed to doing things the right way, even if that means making sacrifices on the business front.

Cons

As a fast growing org, there are challenges of navigating ambiguity and knowing what resources you have available to you and what success looks like. It's important that employees own the conversation with their mentors (managers) to ensure they have the clarity they need to do well. In my experience, employees that don't actively drive this conversation will struggle to feel supported. Leadership is committed and caring to the cause and there can sometimes be a struggle to strike the right balance between vision/inspiration and executing/accountability.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

We help organizations improve their culture...because that's what we do.

13 Nov 2015 - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Amp is a special place, for a whole host of reasons. The most important, is that the people here live and breath what it means to improve company culture - both for our own organization and for our clients. The people that work here all share that passion and would be doing it elsewhere if they weren't here. That makes a big difference. Culture Amp is growing quickly, has a great team of founders and leaders and a community of customers that love (and recommend) the product. A note on work/life balance. It's a busy time, but everyone is very flexible. I've felt that Culture Amp is a place that I can successfully be who I need to be, to help the company thrive. As the father of two young children, I've felt very supported by that.

Cons

The current challenges are mostly connected to being a fast growing start-up. The number of employees here has recently swelled as the product succeeds. As someone that's joined the team recently, the biggest challenge I've faced is learning how to communicate and make decisions in our unique culture. This is something we're constantly improving and working on, though, so I'm confidant it's more something I'm learning as I acclimatize to the culture here.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Being Culture First

27 Apr 2016 - Customer Success Coach in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people! We have the benefit not only of collaborating with coworkers who are passionate about making the world a better place to work, but also to work with customers who care about improving the employee experience at their own companies. Another special thing about Culture Amp is that we are in the business of employee engagement, but we also practice being a Culture First company internally. This means that no topic is taboo and that we constantly take a step back to confirm we're aligned with our values.

Cons

Typical challenges of a fast-growth, fast-paced start-up. There is always plenty of work to do and we're trying to catch up in hiring resources to get it done.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Culture Sprint

10 May 2018 - Customer Success in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful work, amazing people, flexible work arrangements, innovative product

Cons

-Constant sprint which can be exhausting -Lots of structure changes which can cause confusion -Working with other offices has the usual issues with timezones which makes it so important to be deliberate how you work together.

5 people found this review helpful