Daimler Trucks North America Assembler Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 17 Oct 2019

3.1
Daimler Trucks North America CEO Roger Nielsen
Roger Nielsen
  1. "Working for Freightliner"

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Cleveland, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really liked working for Daimler the pay is good, benefits are good

Cons

Job can be physically challenging depending on which job you are assigned. Usually you're are required to do a 2 persons job alone. They lay off every 1 to 2 years. I really hate this last lay off was done sloppy. There were no TAA benefits or severance pay for this layoff like they did for the last layoff

Daimler Trucks North America2019-10-17

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Assembler in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will appreciate your next job.

Cons

Sweat shop. Bad union deal.

Daimler Trucks North America2019-06-29

"DON’T APPRECIATE GREAT HELP"

Current Employee - Assembler in Gaffney, SC

Pros

Always overtime to be worked due to massive turnover rate

Cons

You put in your application with Aerotek and start working for this company making only $10/hr. trying to get hired on with Freightliner permanently to make a living for you and your family. Work for them 6 days a week and 10 hour days then when it comes time to hire employees 10 months later THEY HIRE INDIVIDUALS FROM THE OUTSIDE BEFORE THE AEROTEK EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE BEEN THERE 10+ MONTHS!?!? Yet I have passed up other job opportunities waiting to be hired on here only to be skipped over to TRAIN MY REPLACEMENT!!

Daimler Trucks North America2019-03-09
  4. "Good pay and benefits but worry over layoffs, although work has been steady recently"

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is good, as well as benefits. Depending on your view of unions, it can be seen as a good thing in certain instances.

Cons

Again, depending on your views, Union can be good or bad, and it really is both here. Layoffs can be a worry, although work has been steady recently.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-12-27
  5. "Assembler"

Current Employee - Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

Pros

Lots of great benefits, overtime available, and mandatory. attendance bonus, 6 days off paid at Christmas. Great pay for unskilled labor!

Cons

Mandatory overtime, no vacation for a year, not many new skills. need high seniority, for day shift.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-10-24

"Good Job with amazing benefits and generous with paid time off"

Former Employee - Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Most affordable health insurance I've ever had. -total of 3 weeks paid time off every year after your probation period is over -2 week paid Christmas vacation - 8 hr shifts with shift diff for 2nd or 3rd - they try to move you around on the line from time to time so you arn't always doing the exact same thing but for the most part you will be doing the same thing just about every day. - unionized

Cons

If you are thinking of applying or just got hired be prepared to be laid off at some point. I relocated and moved my family because I got this job. Little did I know they are known for laying off. My orientation class asked HR in front of everyone what the likely hood of being laid off was and they flat out lied. They said it was very unlikely and that they had so many orders that they couldn't get the trucks out fast enough. They also told us that the last time they laid off was the recession of 2008 then called everyone back. LIES! I didn't even work there for 4 months before the lay off rumors started. When I was there for 7 months they announced they would be laying off. Thankfully I knew someone that was hiring and I got a new job just in time. I was offered the job back a little over a year later but did not take it. I just couldn't continue to have a job that I'm not sure how long it's going to last especially when I am the sole provider for my family. If they didn't do so much hiring and laying off it really would be the perfect job, even though it can be a very repetitive job which was difficult for me because I get bored easily.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-08-02

"Looking for a job"

Current Employee - Assembler in Gaffney, SC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great salary good benifits paid vacatipn

Cons

People hired on after 90 days receive 4weeks vacation. We had to work 15 years to get 4 weeks. Low bonuses too

Daimler Trucks North America2017-06-30
  8. "After 19 years let go for injury that happened there."

Former Employee - Assembler in Cleveland, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits. Worked with a lot of good people. Was able to move around to different positions and jobs.

Cons

Very hard work, hot, your just a number. All they were concerned about was production and not so much quality.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-07-01
  9. "A good place to work"

Truck Assembler in Mount Holly, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, friendly coworkers, paid lunch, paid holidays and overtime

Cons

Lay offs, unstable, sometimes to fast of pace

Daimler Trucks North America2017-01-23

"Awesome Benefits horrible work environment management not so smart."

Current Employee - Truck Assembler in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and the pay and the bonuses! I mean you can make 40k here in about 2-3 years and 1600$ cash bonuses a year just for showing up to work on time. Insurance is unbeatable because they get the insurance out of state so it's better prices than NC. 175$ a month for a family and full coverage with 20$ co-pays. Hours are great 3:00pm-11:30 pm.

Cons

Sometimes you wish you didn't come in because the company decides to punish you for people not showing up. The work is not easy it's challenging and rough as heck you will come home feeling like a stiff turd for the first month of work depending on what location your in. You may get lucky and get a girls job and have it made. Or you may get stuck in a position that sucks for 5 years and no hope of moving till they post jobs on internal board. Also everyone here is a redneck and hateful most people will try to make you feel like a turd just for some entertainment because they hate their job.

Daimler Trucks North America2017-01-03