Daniels Health Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated 14 Jul 2019

3.2
Daniels Health Founder & CEO Dan Daniels (no image)
Dan Daniels
Pros
Cons
  • "A growing business always has growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "Upper management didn't always understand the concerns of the departments and act in the favor of those presenting the concerns(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"What I do makes a difference, I am a part of something that matters."

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

Daniels’ vision, values & culture sets them apart from any company I’ve ever known. Since its origin, they’ve focussed on making safety & sustainability the paramount of healthcare. There’s an amazing culture at Daniels, people take pride in what they do and the company provides development opportunities for proven-performers. I am continually excited by the impact this business is having, and its vision for the future. It’s a wonderful place to work and I highly recommend it.

Cons

Considering this is a rapidly growing business in the global arena, there are undoubtedly growing pains in areas such as processes and benefits. However, they are open to change and are working towards fixing these issues as they’ve recently amended the company’s benefits, making it much more affordable for everyone and in doing so they have also educated all locations on the details of their benefits program. The CEO is so focused and committed to investing in his people that I believe they will rise above these growing pains.

March 22, 2018Senior Leadership

You sound like quite the advocate! You are right... safety, sustainability and people are incredibly important to us. We're so glad you have joined our vision of making healthcare safer. We are committed to continually refining our benefits offering to ensure our staff are taken care of and appreciate that you have persisted with us as we have worked through this process. We take great inspiration from the fact that our CEO (and founder) leads by example so his dedication to a 32 year old journey really does ignite a fire in all of us. Thanks for being part of the journey!

"A young business with growing pains"

4.0

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a business that is open for feedback and change. For proven performers the opportunities exist for development and it seems that the business is searching for future leaders which says a lot. The CEO displays a servant leadership mentality and is very much available to all.

Cons

The growth Daniels Health has seen is very exciting and reflective of everyone's hard work but with that comes growing pains that I am sure we all feel. This too impacts the culture and our retention, sadly. If we work together as a team we should overcome these problems with time. New processes and greater structure will help support with these challenges. Global and local communication lacks which will save us if improved. Remembering that we are here to help build this young business is key.

November 12, 2015Global GM - People & Culture

Thanks for your feedback. This is an exciting time in our business filled with opportunity, but we also acknowledge the challenges that exist. We continue to work hard on these and really value the commitment of our team in bringing constant improvement. We look forward to what is ahead. We agree that Dan's story is worthy of being shared more across our business. We have plans for this so watch this space. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback. Kind regards, Jude Duff

3. "Great company and good people"

Former Employee - Commercial Manager

I worked at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative and relevant business with the customer experience at the forefront. Some really good individuals who want to do well for the business.

Cons

A growing business always has growing pains

"A fantastic place to work with endless opportunities..."

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The Culture - the people I work with are some of the nicest people I know. - Engagement - there is an entire team dedicated to putting together events and social activities to making Daniels Health a good place to work. - Integrity - the company prides itself on its commitment to safety and sustainability, and they really do follow through. - Growth - the company has continuously been growing year on year in a stable industry which gives confidence and job security. - Entrepreneurial Spirit - with company leaders always thinking outside of the box, you'll never be just a number, you're opinion matters and there is opportunities for you to grow professionally with new roles, new projects and teams being created continuously. - Fast Pace - if you like a fast-paced environment, things definitely move quickly here, so there's never a dull moment.

Cons

- Growing pains, when a company like this has been continuously growing year on year the struggles of managing that growth can be a challenge as attaining resources doesn't often align with the speed of growth, but that is to be expected with any growing company.

5. "Young dynamic company, with an exciting future"

Former Employee - Commercial Finance Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome company culture, great social setting, fun place to work, good people and a fantastic business mission with a genuine passion for making healthcare safer.

Cons

With any growing company, there are growing pains. Systems are slow to be implemented and the business could benefit from a stronger operations focus.

May 6, 2019Senior Leadership

Hello there, Thanks for your straight and sincere review! Whilst we strive to create an outstanding culture with great people, we certainly acknowledge the growing pains which you have alluded to. We are glad to hear you've enjoyed your Daniels experience and take serious note of your advice.

6. "Great culture"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Daniels Health

Pros

The people here really care about you and help you find solutions to any obstacles you might face! Management has found a lot of creative way to keep employees engaged (office pumpkin carving contest, best dressed contests...etc!) Another thing that I really enjoy is that a lot of the employees sit and eat their lunch in the break room. It's really nice because you get to talk to people from different teams and then play a quick game of Mario Kart after you finish eating. Great culture and you really feel like your work is helping make a difference in healthcare!

Cons

We definitely have growing pains and it can be difficult to get in touch with other plants. We're just growing so quickly and trying to catch up with that. `

"Management"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The biggest Pro of working for Daniels Health are the people. The Daniels Team members are filled with Passion, Innovation and Strategy. It is wonderful to work for an organization that is experiencing tremendous growth and having so much fun in the process.

Cons

Daniels is gaining market share at such fast rates, we experience growing pains.

November 22, 2017Senior Leadership

Thank you for your feedback, it excites me to see the people I work with as excited and captivated about our vision and purpose as I am. We have an amazing team, in all my years in business, the team I work with is what I am most proud of; watching people develop in their gifts and gain the confidence to exercise their unique talents to reimagine things for the better. Purpose drives us to do some incredible things, and every single person regardless of role or department has a unique part to play in driving a company's vision. I am so proud of our team, thank you for being part of our journey. Regards, Dan Daniels - CEO

"Great People! Great Culture! Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I work with at Daniels Health are incredible, the culture is fantastic and the company actually invests in me personally and my development from the CEO down. I get the opportunity to enhance my skills and grow professionally and I also get to enjoy working in a fun environment where I can play ping pong at lunch time. I love working for a company with a purpose and Daniels Health genuinely cares about making healthcare safer and protecting people and it's not hard to tell.

Cons

As with any growing company there are always growing pains, no company is perfect but at least they're giving it their best effort and I can commend them on that.

January 16, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you, I am so encouraged by your feedback and the enthusiasm you have for our company, its culture and its vision. Working in the Chicago support office, we all play a vital role in the support of our sales and operational-staff and the service delivered to our customers, it's a pleasure to have people around me that truly believe in the value of what we do. I don't believe any company ever stops having growing pains, however what I have learned in 34 years of business is that the more passionate and skilled people we have around us, the stronger we are to build rather than be daunted. As a leadership team, we are absolutely committed to filling our hiring gaps, raising leaders and giving our people the opportunity to help shape the Daniels Health of tomorrow. Thank you for your commitment to our company and its vision. I wish you all the best in your continued growth with our company, I value your partnership. Yours, Dan Daniels

"Corprate"

4.0

I have been working at Daniels Health

Pros

Amazing products that are truly making healthcare safer. Upper Management in the US is driven to create a very special place to work.

Cons

Growth is good, but we are experiencing some Growing pains....

January 16, 2018Senior Leadership

We appreciate your considered feedback and hope that your career journey with us has continued to be a positive one. As a leadership team we do try to cultivate a strong and empowering environment for our staff to growth and exercise their gifts, we're thankful that this investment has paid off in your experience. Growing pains are part of the journey, thank you for your resilience in helping build and shape our future solutions; we are very optimistic about the future and very thankful for colleagues like yourself who partner with us in looking to a "tomorrow" that is greater than present challenges.

"Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Easton, PA

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The owner is the most passionate and driven man I have ever met. His vision for the company and his goal of providing a safer more sustainable option for sharps disposal, has been proven to protect healthcare workers.

Cons

Growing pains are evident due to the high rate of current growth.

November 12, 2015Global GM - People & Culture

Thanks for the review. It is great to hear of your positive experience. Dan is definitely passionate about making healthcare safer through sustainable solutions, and this passion is shared throughout our business. We appreciate your feedback on our communication challenges. This is an area that has not kept up with our rapid growth, and we are working hard to address this. We are grateful for the understanding of our team in this process. Thanks for being on the journey with us. Kind regards, Jude Duff

Found 11 reviews