Daniels Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 6 Jun 2020

3.2
Daniels Health Founder & CEO Dan Daniels (no image)
Dan Daniels
Pros
Cons
  • "A growing business always has growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "Upper management didn't always understand the concerns of the departments and act in the favor of those presenting the concerns(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Family-oriented atmosphere"

4.0
    Former Employee - IT Support Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People genuinely care about making the work place positive. Managers are supportive.

Cons

Benefits were average but not outstanding. Upper management didn't always understand the concerns of the departments and act in the favor of those presenting the concerns.

2. "Good Company with an excellent product"

4.0
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daniels Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

State of the art Waste Stream Management program with using their proprietary sharps and waste collections equipment.

Cons

Upper management is all over the board when making decisions and implementing new programs.

"DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!"

Current Employee - Patient Service Technician in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Whenever you're last date of employment is!

Cons

This place doesn't care about the people who do the hard work. They give plenty of praise to upper management. And the sad thing is there management is basically idots!! Don't believe anything they tell you! This place is far from great.

May 6, 2019Senior Leadership

Hi There, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience. We see that you are still with us and have been for a long while and hope there are some positive things keeping you here. We would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and change your outlook. If you are willing to connect with our People and Culture team or your direct Manager to have a confidential discussion, we would greatly appreciate it.

"Broken promises and lack of vision and growth within corporate office= stagnant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pros to this company are the people you work with. They work hard and care about their work, however the ones that matter most aren't recognized or rewarded

Cons

Where to start? They'll sell you on the idea that the company is growing at a tremendous pace and that the opportunities for career growth are endless. Wrong! They will rarely promote from within, and when they do it's usually the wrong person for the wrong position. Upper management refuses to invest in their employees and their resources. It took them 2 years to make an updated website! The systems are outdated, employees are never listened to, and benefits are below any industry standard in the USA. 401k match is 1% and that just started last year. Raises were unheard of until this year and they're a whopping 2%/year if you're lucky. The health plan is expensive, especially when you look at what kind of wages are to be expected.

January 16, 2018Senior Leadership

We are saddened that you feel our people are the only “plus” to working with Daniels and is evidently the only thing leading you to stay with us in your 3 year plus tenure. We are not shy in shouting-from-the-rooftops that we are growing at a rapid pace and it is an exciting journey. We have promoted many of our team from within according to their level of proficiency over the last 32 years and on every occasion are extremely proud to see our staff grow their career journeys with us. Whilst some of your grievances are valid – it did take us almost two years to launch a new version of our website, and some of our systems are not as up-to-date as they could be; we cannot support that our team are never listened to, raises are unheard of, or benefits are in any way below industry standard. Whilst we are very sympathetic to your experiences, these claims are simply not correct. As a leadership team we are fully committed to the future of our American business and continue to invest by bringing our leadership teams together to unify local objectives, instil learning’s and experience, and workshop together how we can be more effective in serving our national vision; this is something we are proud of, not embarrassed by. In the last twelve months we have seen incredible growth within the business, rollouts of new systems, new team hires and widespread company wins; we are sorry that you don’t share our vision or perspective of growth, and hope that you are able to find a company and career that is more aligned to your ideals of development and expansion.

"A draining and negative company"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

Company tries to maintain a good working environment. Daniels have a great social committee and a friendly 'people and culture team' (HR). CEO appears to be quite friendly. Office is located in the Loop which is easy to get to by the L.

Cons

Upper management is a nightmare to deal with. Layers of bureaucracy (despite the company saying there is none). The happy culture that HR team tries to promote seems to be quite fake. Some of the staff are quite friendly but they are quite young and don't interact that much with the older staff.

April 17, 2018Senior Leadership

We are sorry for responding to this review so late; it was deserving of greater respect. We acknowledge that your experience with our company was not great, we are sorry that we weren't able to make it more rewarding. We believe that in the time that has passed, our company has evolved significantly to listen more to our staff, our customers and our core values to drive forward our mission. We are sorry that our upper management was such a struggle, we have instituted a support structure now that helps to compensate for the limited bandwidth of our leaders. Given the tenure and tenacity of our senior management today, I can say very confidently that our leaders believe in the potential and purpose of Daniels Health in the US healthcare market and are truly committed to seeing it succeed. We genuinely want to build a strong inter-generational culture and take your advice seriously in making more effort of integrating our younger and older teams to achieve success. Thank you for your advice and time served with Daniels.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews