Dealertrack Manager Reviews

Dealertrack President, Software Solutions Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek
  1. "Dealer Trade review"

Current Employee - General Manager in Brisbane

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work! Great people!

Cons

The technology is so new that no everyone 'gets it'.

2. "Meh"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager of Software Engineering in Draper, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Owned by Cox Automotive which, in turn, is owned by Cox Enterprises, who's leadership does go to lengths to treat employees humanely. Decent place to be employed to get some work done and get a paycheck.

Cons

Mid-level management is pretty inept and clueless. Decisions made are too often based on poor or no information and on the personal whims of big-ego quasi-execs, and then those decisions change often for no better reason than the initial bad decisions were based on. Otherwise it's a decent place to work.

Continue reading

3. "Working for Dealertrack was an overall pleasure!"

Former Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Draper, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teams and development shop

Cons

Poor executive leadership at the Dealertrack level.

"Great place"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits, atmosphere, fun activities, good culture

Cons

Location is Draper is a little far out

"Negative experience because of the Cox Integration"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in North Hills, NY

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, personal trainer, gym, benefits, flexible hours, WFH policy

Cons

Frequent reorg structures without a plan to backfill. You’re left without knowing who to go to what. From a product standpoint, we are very sales oriented, letting a couple of our big clients tell us what to build instead of market focused. This leads to a top down approach and is extremely stressful for product managers. It thus leads product managers and developers clueless because we have no idea what we’re building and we don’t understand the market. We often rebuild things because we’re building it for 1 client as opposed to researching the market needs on an ongoing basis. The company has no vision of where it’s going and even when it does it’s rarely reached because of this approach and all it’s support issues. This leads to good product managers being let go all the time because they’re way in over they’re head. Priorities constantly shift. Causing high tension between all teams and organizations making it difficult for many team members to get along. Although the chaos is at the bottom, it’s really caused by upper management and the lack of being market driven. Fix this and you’ll have better employee retention and revenue.

6. "Great place"

Former Employee - Product Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great facility, benefits, and compensation

Cons

Not much to say here

7. "Good Company but needs better leadership"

Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits of Cox umbrella. flexible. Good perks.

Cons

Too many hands in the pot. Chaotic at times.

8. "Human Resource"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for. The company has grown and branched out in a matter of years. Amazing coworkers and upper management

Cons

More training for entry level employees

"Was a Great Place"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Wilmington, OH

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

401K, PTO, benefits, employees, online training

Cons

Upper Management - horrible. do as they say, not as I do mentality. Promote base upon who you like, not based upon performance. Willing to let good people go to cover up leaders that act inappropriately.

Continue reading

Dealertrack Response

Thank you for your honest feedback and your years of service. I appreciate the time you took in recognizing the great benefits the Company provides as well as your candor about your disappointments and how we can do better. As you stated, we do encourage open communications as we strive to continually improve and provide top notch team member experiences, including interactions with our leadership team. %E2%80%93 Keith Jezek, President Retail Solutions

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Leadership team is completely in touch with the business. They are industry experts with remarkable successes in the field. I have seen great changes since the recent management reform and the introduction of the PMO’s office to enhance processes, structure, governance and best practices for project management and execution across the organization. The QA team just developed an industry-standard AWS cloud complaint automation initiatives, great transformation in that business unit. There is also an in-house SAFe Agile consultant providing training to employees and coordinating best Agile practices within the organization. A lot of cool stuff on digital transformation initiatives - microservices, AWS cloud services, mobile e-commerce technology, and IP sprints to foster dedicated time for innovation. The company also encourages employee training to promote career progression within the organization. This is by far the most employee-friendly company that I have worked in – Professional, hardworking, top-notch employees. The benefits are awesome – great vacation packages (one of the best), RRSP and DPSP matching contribution, flexible working hours.

Cons

With any transformation, some pain-point are not unusual e.g difficulty in changing people's mindset and challenges to legacy platforms.

Found 61 reviews