Dealertrack Project Manager Reviews

Updated 12 Jul 2020

3.4
Dealertrack President, Software Solutions Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek

"Negative experience because of the Cox Integration"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in North Hills, NY

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, personal trainer, gym, benefits, flexible hours, WFH policy

Cons

Frequent reorg structures without a plan to backfill. You’re left without knowing who to go to what. From a product standpoint, we are very sales oriented, letting a couple of our big clients tell us what to build instead of market focused. This leads to a top down approach and is extremely stressful for product managers. It thus leads product managers and developers clueless because we have no idea what we’re building and we don’t understand the market. We often rebuild things because we’re building it for 1 client as opposed to researching the market needs on an ongoing basis. The company has no vision of where it’s going and even when it does it’s rarely reached because of this approach and all it’s support issues. This leads to good product managers being let go all the time because they’re way in over they’re head. Priorities constantly shift. Causing high tension between all teams and organizations making it difficult for many team members to get along. Although the chaos is at the bottom, it’s really caused by upper management and the lack of being market driven. Fix this and you’ll have better employee retention and revenue.

2. "Great place"

4.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great facility, benefits, and compensation

Cons

Not much to say here

3. "Good Company but needs better leadership"

Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits of Cox umbrella. flexible. Good perks.

Cons

Too many hands in the pot. Chaotic at times.

"Constant layoffs"

1.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees we have are great!

Cons

The management team keeps laying off people from the outside with great ideas that could drive our company forward. If you aren’t in the click or a family member, you won’t last.

5. "Support/Implementation/Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ive been with DT for 4 years. I started as a regular support rep, moved over to Implementation and worked as a full time travelling trainer. I worked my way up the ladder and became a manager in Implementation. I have had nothing but positive experiences throughout my career here. Every management team i have worked with, in the departments i have been in, have worked closely with me in helping me achieve my goals, and work my way up. DT provides opportunities for anyone that is willing to work hard and as a team player. You will not find a management team that works harder for their reports. I am proud to be apart of this company!

Cons

If there were Cons i would not be working here.

6. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Dealertrack DMS for 6 years. I started in support and worked my way up to a Product Manager position. The company has show me nothing but opportunity for advancement. If you work hard you will be rewarded.

Cons

The company is in a very tough industry.

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Dealertrack DMS for almost 3 years. Within those 3 years, I've been given many opportunities to move up within the company and leadership does a great job of helping your career grow where you want it to. I'm constantly impressed by how the company is lead and how they take care of their employees too.

Cons

It would be nice to have the opportunity to work part-time while going to school, but almost all positions are full-time. Luckily, I love my job, so I can't really complain.

8. "Get place to work"

Current Employee - OEM Product Manager

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people, have great picture of the future.

Cons

work can be overwhelming at times.

Dealertrack Response

VP-GM, Dealertrack RTS

Thanks for your review. Dealertrack is a great place to work, and your 10+ years of employment speaks volumes to that! We are a fast-paced organization that is constantly changing, which can sometimes cause those feelings of being overwhelmed. However, we provide all tools, resources, and support that our team members need to succeed. We will certainly “keep moving forward” – with team members like you, our future is certainly bright! Kait Gavin Vice President & General Manager Registration and Title Solutions

9. "Fun company that is looking to improve"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Sandy, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, benefits, fun culture and bosses who listen

Cons

Caring too much, giving me too much swag, and having too many fun activities.

"Great Company but Grows inorganically now"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

- new state of the art facility that's easy to get to in Long Island. - Although it's a large enterprise, company is for the most part eager to change and doesn't get too caught up in corporate politics/hierarchy. (For the most part)! - The people at Dealertrack specifically are great. I love my team members and seem to get along with everyone. - Happy work/life balance. As long as I am transparent when I need time off and the work is getting done, hours are pretty flexible. I also have the ability to work from home on Fridays.

Cons

- Now that Cox Enterprises has acquired us, there's been a lot of layoffs in the last few years. The biggest one yet is happening now. Sad thing is, we were 5% ahead of revenue. But because we weren't at the projected 9% revenue growth, they are cutting 950 employees and another 200+ voluntarily left with an early retirement package. We made profit, we operated well and made revenue. But they can't keep up with their costs or investments so the people are the ones hit the hardest. The C-suite gets to sleep comfortably at night, with their mega salaries though! - Company is pushing for drive and innovation, but even as Product Manager, a lot seems to come in via our client requests and top-down. I don't have a chance to be creative because my backlog is always piling up with these types of requests. - I also don't have a chance to be innovative because we're constantly downgrading and laying off people. I need more resources or else my team is only going to be able to support and maintain the product....

Dealertrack Response

SVP and GM

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. In an ever evolving market we are constantly adapting to align with our client’s needs. Our shift to an agile environment was made to provide consistency and clarity, as well as increase our speed and innovation. Our first company value is “team members are our most important resource.” Even as we make tough, needed changes to our team, this value reinforces that we are successful as a business when we have the best people working together to do their best work. As Keith mentioned in our Town Hall…”we can do anything, but we can’t do everything”. You have my commitment that we will staff enough resources to be successful on our highest priorities. Thanks again for your feedback and for all you’re doing to help Dealertrack be successful. My door is always open if you want to discuss further.

Found 18 reviews