Dealertrack Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 10 Sep 2020

3.2
Dealertrack President, Software Solutions Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek
Pros
Cons
  • "A lot of Travel, Lay offs, little diversity in Upper Management(in 19 reviews)

• "Still working through the integration with the Cox Automotive companies(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Employee centric and great benefits

Cons

I have none at the moment

2. "Ok job"

Former Employee - Document Agent I in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work. Nice hours and great benefits. Nice people. If you need a job quickly it’s great because they are always hiring.

Cons

Panel interview for Low paying job and no growth opportunities. High turnover rate.

3. "Cox is a great Company-Dealertrack is not"

1.0
    Former Employee - Proactive Support Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote, great benefits, great team support system

Cons

Product is terrible, management is ineffective and unresponsive, no stability

Continue reading

"A lot of added on job duties..with no increase in pay."

Current Employee - Dealer Support Specialist in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote job, travel, great benefits thanks to Cox, unlimited PTO.

Cons

Overworked, Job Role has been changed 3 times in 1 year with no notification to HR for pay reviews, No work balance, no recognition.

"Needs some work"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Draper, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some coworkers are great. Able to work from home when horrible weather hits. PTO and medical benefits are great!

Cons

Lack of leadership and direction, no communication! Middle management and some senior management in many areas are not supporting employees. Many managers are hired due to friendships or is a family member but not qualities or experience. Many talented employees and managers have been leaving due to layoffs, moral and reasons listed here. Training and Product departments are very ineffective. Many of them have not used the DMS out in the field or in the support department. All they know is how the software works in theory but not practical. As stated with some of the reviews, you have to be with the "in crowd" to move up within the company, quite a bit of nepotism and favoritism. I don't recommend anyone speaking up even though they say my door is always open, this will haunt you later. Management will tell others what you say to other employees, other management teams and the lower staff.

Continue reading

"MANY AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Current Employee

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

*Cox, the parent company, has more opportunities for growth. Many colleagues have gone on to other business units and seem happier. *Your coworkers are usually great people. You’ll be challenged and may be given the opportunity to grow. *Cox owns Dealertrack and had great benefits though they are dwindling. For example, they have taken away the number of PTO days and no longer offer a pension. *If you are adaptable and easily accept constant change, this may be a decent place for you.

Cons

*Poor Work Life Balance *No or Little Flex Time *Yearly Lay Offs/Forced Retirements *Bias 1. Biased in Firing ( if you are close to HQ you can be very inappropriate and keep your job). If you are not apart of that club you must toe the line, even with rules that are archaic and no longer make sense. 2. Racial/Religious/Location Bias- Dealertrack DMS is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are from there, identify as LDS/Mormon or used to be & are also White and especially male, you will navigate easily and probably be promoted within the first year. The fewer of the aforementioned you have, the more difficult it will be for you. Racism has occurred from clients to employees. Dealertrack DMS kept the clients. The message to the employees of color was quite clear. 3. Bias in Hiring. Since Cox acquired Dealertrack, it seems they have made efforts to hire diverse candidates. However, the company is still disproportionately White and male. There is no diversity in Sr. Management. 4. Bias in Pay. Your pay and total compensation (bonuses/raises) may be significantly more or less than your peers. Leadership tries to create a culture of don’t ask don’t tell regarding pay instead of paying everyone the same for the same role or by some standard according to experience, education etc. *Unethical - Around June of 2018, Leadership asked employees to write reviews on Glassdoor. Many employees felt coerced to write positive reviews. *Company mistakes activity for achievement. Constant change isn’t always an improvement. *Retaliation - Those that have a voice that don’t agree with the status quo, that report or challenge are often later laid off, demoted or overlooked for promotions even if comments or questions were solicited.

7. "Implementation"

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Since the Cox take over the the atmosphere has changed. It's no longer a fun creative place to work.

Dealertrack Response

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding our benefits & company culture. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our pay and benefits - our team members deserve the best. Sorry to hear of your concerns regarding Dealertrack's atmosphere since we were acquired by Cox Automotive. Merging two companies is not an easy undertaking, and each company's policies/practices must be modified to align. We have many programs in place such as volunteer events, team member appreciation events and more to create the fun culture that we strive for. We are always open to suggestions to make these programs and events more meaningful. Please share your ideas with your Manager and/or HR Business Partner. Thank you for being part of our team - we appreciate your flexibility as we manage through various challenges of the acquisition.There are exciting things to come! Kait Gavin Vice President & General Manager Registration & Title Solutions and Collateral Management Services

8. "P&C"

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, all benefits start day one

Cons

Work Environment/Management was very poor

Dealertrack Response

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your review. We provide team members with generous and competitive benefits to show how much we appreciate all your hard work, and it’s nice to hear that you are taking advantage of them. I am sorry to hear that your work environment/management is problematic. Please reach out to your designated Human Resources contact to further discuss if you haven’t already. We are here to help you feel comfortable and succeed in your role. Kait Gavin Vice President & General Manager Registration & Title Solutions and Collateral Management Services

"Used to be the most Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Performance Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great Benefits -Great Culture -Willingness to Help -Decent Work Life Balance

Cons

-Micromanagement -Growth based on who you know -Culture is Dying -No Value in Employee Feedback

Continue reading

"Not Quite What It Seems"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees to rub shoulders with. Benefits are great. Opportunity for growth is available.

Cons

Horrible management skills. Promotions based on knowledge alone or who you know. Little to no consideration taken for mental and physical health/well being. Pay is not competitive and does not reflect skills or time with the company.

Found 31 reviews