Dental Care Alliance Reviews

Updated 2 Jul 2020

3.9
Dental Care Alliance Chief Executive Officer Jerry Rhodes (no image)
Jerry Rhodes
Pros
  • "DCA focuses on patients and its team members(in 9 reviews)

• "Patient based company with not only great benefits but also great employees that make your work place feel like home(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have never heard or seen anyone of he assistants or hygienist get promoted or raises(in 11 reviews)

• "Some areas were disorganized, high turnover of support staff and dentists(in 4 reviews)

1. "Very busy place!"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Munster, IN

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance part-time

Pros

No micro managing. They order what you need.

Cons

Very busy. Expected to do a lot of administrative work

July 7, 2020Director of Communications

We appreciate your review and look forward to continuing to grow our relationship with you. It's definitely a challenging time in healthcare, but we are proud to lead the way in providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and the patients that we serve. Thank you for all that you do!

2. "Stay Away from DCA"

1.0

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can recall.

Cons

Incompetent managers, no training or onboarding, lazy co-workers. Terrible benefits.

July 7, 2020Director of Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. DCA provides a comprehensive suite of benefits and strives to deliver inspiring development opportunities to team members at all levels of the organization. We are interested in hearing more about your experience and how we might improve going forward. Please reach out to communications@dentalcarealliance.com at your convenience.

3. "Easy Job but Management isn't supportive"

Former Employee - Insurance Coordinator in Lakewood Ranch, FL

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, can listen to music while you work

Cons

Management is not supportive. I had to leave because I went back to complete my bachelors. I asked my manager if I could go to part time instead of full-time and she literally refused and said if I wanted to go to school I would have to stay full-time or leave. So I left.

May 20, 2020Director of Communications

We are grateful for your review. Please know that we support your growth and development, and are happy that you have decided to advance your education. Supporting our practices on a full-time basis is important, and we're sorry that this situation didn't work out in a way that you could do both. Wishing you all the best.

4. "Dental Care Alliance"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits, competitive pay, and, as far as DSOs go, they are pretty hands off. They don't dictate how you treatment plan. You are not "graded" by your production as long as you are producing goal, which is pretty generously low.

Cons

Limited flexibility in hours, typically 8am-5pm, but that could be a function of the current office and not DCA as a whole. Budget can certainly restrict what kinds of tools you use and limited which tools you could buy.

April 27, 2020Director of Communications

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your service and all you do to help keep patients smiling!

5. "OK"

2.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with nice coworkers and doctors

Cons

Low salary, bad benefits, very money hungry, hard to take days off

April 27, 2020Director of Communications

Work-life balance and a successful team dynamic is very important to us at Dental Care Alliance. If you'd like to discuss your experience and suggestions above, we would welcome a chance to talk with you. Email us at communications@dentalcarealliance.com.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Equitable Compensation, Office teams are dedicated and dynamic, support office personnel are helpful and desire to meet the needs of the field

Cons

Executive team should listen to the field management and leaders more often.

March 5, 2020Director of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to be the partner of choice for the dental industry's finest professionals. We appreciate the dedicated service during your time with DCA.

7. "Not prganized"

Current Employee - Front Office

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time

Pros

The Flexibility and days off

Cons

Disorganized and no opportunity for advancement

March 9, 2020Director of Communications

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We definitely recognize and encourage the need to take time off and recharge! Would love to hear your thoughts about how we might better promote our strong PTO benefits to the team. Please contact our HR team to discuss.

8. "No matter what you do or how hard you work goes unnoticed and unappreciated"

2.0
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

DCA is not a bad company to work for in general.

Cons

It's the individual offices under DCA's umbrella. The managers don't really know how to manage an office or their staff. Managers have their pets and create a hostile working environment.

March 5, 2020Director of Communications

We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience. This is not the typical or desired employee experience we strive for and we would like to learn more so we can correct this. Please email communications@dentalcarealliance.com to share additional feedback.

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Construction Loan Officer in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits but PTO is not enough

Cons

schedule is hard to manage at times.

February 5, 2020Director of Communications

Thank you for your feedback and we would love to hear about what you would like to see changed with the PTO policy and schedule at DCA. Please email careers@dentalcarealliance.com to set up a time to connect.

10. "ignore my review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Finance

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time

Pros

everything was great here at this place.

Cons

nothing at all was wrong at this place

January 13, 2020Director of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to be the partner of choice for the dental industry's finest professionals. If you would like to share additional feedback, please email us at communications@dentalcarealliance.com.

Found 127 reviews