DiUS Computing Reviews

Updated 30 Jul 2020

4.1
DiUS Computing Co-Founder Joe Losinno (no image)
Joe Losinno

"Trust, freedom and support to do what you need to"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Melbourne

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coming from an agency and design studio background and into design consulting in a tech company was a bit of a shock originally but one of the things I've loved about my time with Dius is the trust given to employees, and the room to make inevitable mistakes while growing and stretching yourself. It can be uncomfortable if you're looking for structure and direction, but you have the room to focus on whatever you're interested in, and find your niche. Supportive teams, and a sense that you're all in it together. A great diverse mix of very savvy, pragmatic people - with a strong, friendly culture.

Cons

Lots of leash and room to choose your direction can be uncomfortable for some. Things can be very organic at times, but that's also a chance to step-up.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your review, we're so happy you're enjoying your experience with us! And thanks for the tip - we are working hard to improve our internal communications and connection with people. Nicole

2. "Supportive place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time

Pros

Great culture within consultants and within management to give people the support and opportunities to grow Really helpful attitude on slack, special interest groups, etc where sharing knowledge and reaching out for help is really encouraged Transparent and accessible management Focus on achieving good work and good outcomes - not always easy but everyone tries their hardest

Cons

Flat structure means you need to be comfortable finding support Diversity of environments means structured planning is hard - but good support for turning current engagements into growth opportunities and access to internal investment if you can make a good case for it

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your lovely review and feedback on what we are doing well, and what to keep focused on, much appreciated :) Nicole

3. "A part of something special"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time

Pros

The DiUS management team are kind, genuine and switched on. The culture is supportive and feels like home. Everyone at DiUS is super smart, kind and a pleasure to work with. Couldn't recommend higher.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your lovely review! We are so happy you are enjoying your time with DiUS :)

"One of the best companies I have worked for in 30 years"

Current Employee - Technal Lead in Sydney

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company makes a conscious effort to support your career aspirations and well being assigning a coach to help us along. Support and mentoring is actively ingrained into the company policies and procedures. People's egos are left at the door. There is always somebody available to help for any problem you may have. Not just a body shop like other consulting firms but seeks out work that would be interesting and new. Very diversified company.

Cons

Consultancy is not for everybody. As you progress in the company you will have to deal with challenging customers. But you always have support to handle it.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to post it! We are very happy that you are enjoying the different aspects to support your growth and development. Consulting can definitely be challenging as you have mentioned, although I'm glad you're finding there is the right support when needed.

5. "Great place to work and learn, with good people"

Current Employee - Delivery Lead in Sydney

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time

Pros

- Everyone is really easy to work with and there's good opportunities for learning - There's regular opportunities for interesting work - Small enough that you still have that small company feel

Cons

- It's a consultancy so your project experience will vary based on the client and timeframes / expectations of the clients - You don't always have complete control over the length or type of work you're assigned to - it comes down to people availability / skillsets etc.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your great review, we are so happy you are enjoying your time at DiUS so far!

6. "Mixed not great, not horrible"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Like a digital agency. Finds you work with a client and leaves you there. Can be a good or bad. * Good work and life balance * Don’t have to work more then allocated hours * Lots of all staff meetings (not sure if they are effective though)

Cons

* Management can get very defensive. I have given feedback to them and they have not been actioned. Same feedback as in this review. I’ve seen heard others give similar feedback and nothing changes * Often feedback to anything negative is “consultancy is not for everyone” which is just like saying “Dius is not for everyone” which I guess is true. Like it or lump it basically. * Talk a lot about innovative things but I haven’t really seen it in happen * A lot of people coming and going * Very dated technology (At least on my projects)

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! I would love to have a confidential conversation regarding feedback you've given previously that you don't feel has been actioned, so I can understand context and see whether there's anything we can do differently. Cheers

"A company that genuinely cares"

Current Employee - Recruitment Lead in Melbourne

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time

Pros

I've worked at a few Technology Consultancy's and what sets DiUS apart is a leadership team that genuinely cares; a connected and engaged group of consultants; and the quality of their people (these guys do more than produce slide packs), they have deep technical expertise and can actually deliver on what they say.

Cons

Like anyone in the technology space, we can do better around diversity and have certainly started to make strides in this area.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your great feedback, we are so happy you have been enjoying your experience so far!

8. "Great people, awesome culture and good projects!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I worked at DiUS Computing full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's great opportunity to grow at DiUS, they always look to grow organically and develop internal employees which is very refreshing to see. They tend to go for more small to medium businesses and start ups when looking for projects, and avoid the big fish like banks etc, so the work becomes more interesting and with this you tend to have control over the technology and stacks you use. If you want to be a full stack engineer, then DiUS has some great engineers to help you get there. DiUS give a lot of autonomy to people, which is a great way to be, so as long as you're doing your job you're given a lot of flexibility.

Cons

There tends to be a lot of independence giving to employees which is great , but for people who need more support it could be a little daunting, but as its a consultancy you can understand why they work this way.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking time to share.

9. "Great company, Culture on point!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Melbourne

I have been working at DiUS Computing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture L&D Work Life Balance

Cons

At times flat structure

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for the great feedback, it's much appreciated!

"Arrogant & non-transparent culture - No growth"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I worked at DiUS Computing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Conference pass every year Coffee machine

Cons

Non-transparent culture, managers lying about project details Influence to management is necessary to land in a good team/project Enterprise clients with legacy products and tech Zero focus on growth for engineers Same set of people get involved in good projects leaving no chance for others Total partiality on whom to get involved in a project Managers fooling around people - They think devs don't know, very unprofessional Worst management - They fool on your face about everything, really really bad. Working on support projects - leaving no opportunity to grow, involving same set of people would just increase dependency instead grow your people.

Head of People & Culture

We do not agree with these comments. We have a highly engaged workforce demonstrated by independent engagement survey results that will attest to having a strong culture where people are overall very happy working at DiUS. We are not perfect, and there are absolutely things we can improve, but this review is not a true reflection of life at DiUS. It really is a shame that we were not given the opportunity to work through these concerns with you at a time where that could have made a difference to your experience with us. Given the accusations being levelled at us, the recurring themes in each of these posts, and our belief now that this is the same individual posting multiple reviews to deliberately damage our brand; we have raised this issue directly with Glassdoor and are currently seeking legal advice.

Found 32 reviews