Find jobs for Technical Director

Digital Domain Technical Director Reviews

Updated 15 Sep 2017

4.5
Digital Domain CEO Daniel Seah (no image)
Daniel Seah
0 Rating

"Technical director"

5.0
    FX Technical Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Digital Domain

Pros

Full of great people, artists, great projects, historical and iconic in the business. I felt much pride and fun working there.

Cons

Management needs to get things organized at times. The facility isn't the best. Since bankruptcy, there are no free drinks or snacks.

Continue reading
  2. "No work life balance, little pay"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Pipeline Technical Director

I worked at Digital Domain for less than a year

Pros

Helped me realised VFX is not for me

Cons

No work life balance, suddenly you have to work until 7pm weekdays and Saturdays too (not during crunch time either). Though, I guess these kind of things are norm in most VFX companies.

"World class artistic talent and an amazing history of work."

4.0
    Current Employee - Pipeline Technical Director in Venice, CA

I have been working at Digital Domain full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Digital Domain can be an incredible place to work; you are surrounded by talented, brilliant people. When things are going well it's like a family of geniuses, where amazing work is done by people pushing the limits of their abilities. Unlike other companies in the industry there's quite a bit of room for movement once you get a foot in the door, and there's a lot more camaraderie and mutual support than I've seen at other facilities.

Cons

The work/life balance simply isn't there; too many hours of overtime, almost all of which are due to poor coordination and planning, as well as an overall lack of ability in upper management to steer the ship well. When times are good there's too much to do in too short a time and the burnout rate is extremely high; when times are bad, which under past executives has been far too often, there's a palpable sense of dread in the air, and still too much to do in too little time, while promotions and pay increases become increasingly rare, while added responsibilities definitely do not.

Continue reading

"godd for your resume, bad for your morale and wallet"

1.0
    Technical Director

I have been working at Digital Domain

Pros

it is good for your resume if you're a young enthusiastic and somewhat blind to your exploitation by this company

Cons

overtime all the time, changes to schedules and the things you're working on. no information sharing, bad attitude by supervisors, layoffs, no health insurance provided for contractors.

Continue reading
  5. "A good place to stay and improve your skills. but not a good place for a long term career."

Technical Director

I have been working at Digital Domain

Pros

full of challenges and working for all A list movies. Open to access the knowledge in the studio. colleagues are smart and with specialties.

Cons

Too many erragant ppls very hard to work with. some things really confusing, nobody will explain to you. like the timecard is worst system. I mean it's good, but timecard trainning is nightmare, never told you anything you need to know. a lot of little things nobody told you how to do, but once you do it not in the properly way, some jackass will jump out and send you a really rude email and pissed you off.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews