Dimension Data Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.7
Dimension Data CEO Jason Goodall
Jason Goodall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance at OHQ office" (in 50 reviews)

• "Great people who just want to do the right thing" (in 53 reviews)

Cons

1. "Focussed on innovation and transformation"

Current Employee - Chief Architect in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Chief Architect in Brisbane

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dimension Data is very good at identifying how markets are changing and what we need to do to be relevant to our clients. The continue to drive innovation through its people.

Cons

As a big organisation, some changes in strategic direction occurs too slow, but this is something that is starting to change from a culture perspective.

Advice to Management

Stay engaged to help people through transitional period to help accelerate transformation.

"A changing place to work"

Current Employee - Consulting Director in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Consulting Director in Melbourne

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people with deep technical knowledge

Cons

An organisation trying to change to face the new realities but not investing in people to drive the change.

"The packaging is better than what’s inside."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I worked at Dimension Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated, professional peers.
    My immediate manager was supportive.

Cons

No work/life balance.
    Excessive workloads.
    An obsession with chasing sales for the sake of ‘landing the big fish’, not sticking to strategy.
    Promotions and recognition come only for those in the ‘boys’ club’.
    Office environment was open plan and not conducive to concentration.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing dollars whilst ignoring strategy.
    Don’t ignore the ‘little people’.

"Unlimited potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Dimension Data about 4 years ago. The draw card for me was NTT being DD's parent company and broader company strategy about acquiring complementary capability such as Oakton and Britehouse.

My journey with DD has had its frustrations, however, in the recent 12 months I have seen a dramatic and positive shift in the execution of the strategic vision to be a global leader in technology services and innovation.

The recent announcements to consolidate some of the NTT companies is really exciting and will raise Dimension Data / NTT into the big leagues, and allow Dimension Data to be a true full stack provider.

Furthermore, the recent launch of the Client Innovation Centre (CIC) in Sydney sends a message to the market that Dimension Data is committed to driving innovation into it's clients and the market place. The CIC allows Dimension Data to access the $US 2bn of technology research and development that NTT invest in every year. I don't know of any other company that has that level of investment.

Cons

The business is on a change journey responding to market demands, however change creates opportunity....for everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep the active communication up with the staff.

5. "Dimension Data is an awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Melbourne

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dimension Data is focused on client centricity through delivery innovative solutions through amazing people and leading vendors.

Cons

We are expected to work hard ... if you are looking for a cushy role, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep going.

6. "Outstanding organisation to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic, highly skilled people who make you feel welcome and who are prepared to support you to become successful.
    It's a relationship based organisation, not process based. You can get things done by working collaboratively with your peers, not having to fill out hundreds of forms and follow a bureaucratic process.
    Fast moving and dynamic; you get to work on exciting projects using the latest technologies. It's all about delivering business solutions that create value for clients.
    The move to services is the right strategy. Building sustainable annuity revenue streams and delivering managed services to our clients will ensure out long term success.
    Being owned by NTT is a huge benefit. They bring an incredibly strong balance sheet and brand and have helped us expand substantially around the globe. Their R&D capability is also a huge asset that we're only starting to understand.

Cons

Change is a constant and not everyone deals with this effectively. You need to be able to adopt to change rapidly if you want to succeed at Dimension Data.
    Don't assume you get the authority along with a title; you need to earn the respect of your peers, subordinates and managers to be successful.

Advice to Management

Take more time to communicate the strategy and key messages to your teams; because things change so quickly its easy for people to get confused about where the company is going and why.

7. "I have been with DD for 17 Years and going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Dimension Data for 17 years, during which I have had several opportunities presented outside of DD, but have chosen to stay.
    Having worked in 2 DD Global Regions I can for one say that the Culture is the same. For an Organisation to have the same culture across multiple Geographies is pretty incredible.
    DD definitely walks the talk...when DD say their people are their most valuable asset, they mean it and show it in all that they do.
    Given the size and depth of a Global Organisation, the career opportunities are endless and ultimately sit with you as an individual. In my 17 years I have been fortunate enough to perform 12 different roles. Each role allowing me more exposure and experience. I am yet to come across a Manager that did not support and stretch me.
    The people are what create the culture. I have formed some very solid friendships at DD which extend outside of DD.
    DD continuously and consistently invest in you as a person - both professionally and personally.
    I am so proud to work for an Organisation that is changing the world...from giving back (Conservation and preventing Rhino poaching, Jack Edge) to helping Companies achieve great things which in turn creates a better life for us all as consumers.
    Even though DD is an IT service integrator, not everyone is technical. Which means that if you do not have an IT background, it does not limit you.

Cons

Given we are an IT organisation the rate of change is constant.
    The company is made up of high performers all supporting and encouraging transformation wanting to accelerate the ambitions of others. The rate of change is unfortunately not for everyone, so often some can feel change fatigue.

Advice to Management

Create a cadence of continuous service improvement. From the most basic process through to the tools and outputs, across all Regions.
    Be aware of change fatigue.

8. "Very happy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic team culture in Brisbane. Very accessible leadership team who will drop everything for you if you ask.

Cons

The bonus/commission system ins complex ... why make it so hard to understand.

Advice to Management

Resolve the BS at XCo level. Make some hard decisions and have a few hard conversations with the corporate handbags.

9. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Service Specialist Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - Service Specialist Manager in Sydney

I worked at Dimension Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global, possible to transfer to different county, interesting services, cool people, international teams, collaborative office space, exposure to various products and services, management is approachable

Cons

It’s a corporate global company and therefore can be quite hierarchical and slow when it comes to change management and processes.

Advice to Management

Better salary packages

10. "Great Place to work."

Current Employee - Middle Management in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Brisbane

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in the large global vendor space and also the small to medium size and also worked as a 'customer' internally to businesses. Both have their challenges. I have found Dimension Data to be a perfect fit for me. Not too small to forget that staff are the most important part of the business but also large enough to see large investments in tools, products, automation etc.
    Career opportunities are great which also includes DD encouraging to move interstate if the right fit is there. States work well together with this.

Cons

Can't really think of any to be honest!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.