DiscoverOrg Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated 12 Dec 2019

4.5
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck
Pros
  • "Executive Recognition: Hard work does not go unnoticed(in 30 reviews)

• "The company is growing like gangbusters and there are tons of opportunities for advancement(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "So far I have no cons I could give(in 10 reviews)

• "Parking in downtown can be hit or miss(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best company to work for in the PNW."

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is a fast paced growing company. We have doubled our employee count over the past year with an acquisition of ZoomInfo. Now we are ZoomInfo. The employees are great, hard working, and fun. They work hard and celebrate our achievements when necessary.

Cons

After the acquisition a lot has changed. I believe it’s for the better but if you can look forward to where we are heading it could be tough getting through each day.

"Fast and Fun"

Current Employee - Director of Procurement in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for less than a year

Pros

The teams here are bright and ambitious. The work is engaging, and people actually execute. The company is growing like gangbusters and there are tons of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Expect ambiguity, and definitely more than 40 hours per week.

DiscoverOrg Response

September 13, 2019Manager of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, we only hire the best! Work/life balance is important to us and we will continue to support this in any way we can.

"You Will Never Stop Learning"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President, Customer Success in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you're looking to be a part of a company that will offer you personal and professional growth this is where you need to be. I truly enjoy coming to work and the opportunity to work with smart, driven, and highly capable people that I learn from every single day. The company is growing so fast that it creates a natural educational environment where you're exposed to new opportunities almost daily. Being a part of a company like this, at this stage is rare - and everyone wants it and very few have the opportunity. I feel deeply honored to be a part of it.

Cons

This is not like any job you have had or likely ever will and it won't be easy. No one here skates by and you will need to keep up- if you can do that you will have doors open that you never knew existed.

Continue reading
  4. "Great Opportunity for Growth"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

I've been met with a lot of opportunities to grow my career here. I started at an entry-level position, and have been working my way up to a spot that I'm really proud of. Management stands by their open door policy, and they are constantly hiring from within. My coworkers are also amazing and that makes coming to work even easier. Other perks include the great location and all of the awesome local restaurants nearby, and amazing and affordable health care benefits. Overall bottom line, this company is growing so fast that employees are constantly able to find opportunities to grow. I highly recommend.

Cons

Cons are pretty few and far between. If you aren't ready for a company that's constantly changing and moving at a quick pace it might not be for you.

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great leadership, from the top down. An open door policy that allows your voice to be heard. - a REAL company culture, and one that's fun to be a part of. Happy hours after work, group sports & karaoke nights are commonplace. - an Environment where effort and results are rewarded - Fast growing company, with opportunity for professional development and career growth.

Cons

Not really a "Con", but it should be noted; show up ready to work. The pace is quick, and there's no room for slacking. Also, the city of Vancouver is VERY light on available parking

6. "Growing fast"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good, smart people to work with at a successful, growing company. What more could you ask for in a workplace?

Cons

I was required to enter at least five words.

Continue reading

"Great for young people who don't know what they're worth"

2.0
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is room to climb your way to the top if you are exceptionally smart. This is a growing company and there are a lot of opportunities for young, smart people. Management is generally easygoing about things, but the research arm of the company is a glorified call center and run like one. I would not recommend working in the research department to someone I liked.

Cons

There are far fewer women in management and the culture is toxic. This company is great if you are a young person without a family or a life outside work. But they expect you to live, breathe, eat, and preach DiscoverOrg or else you will not make it anywhere, and turnover is ridiculously high (especially for employees with kids). Last year when the giant snowstorm hit, the management gave awards to employees that risked their lives to drive to work, while shaming others. They require doctor's notes or else absences are "unexcused" and get you suspended without pay after 3. Single parents are let go at alarming rates when daycare centers send kids home for being sick and parents must choose between their families and their job. Their dress code is regressive and sexist, with tattoos being acceptable but colorful hair not; women in non-customer-facing roles were often sent home for weather-appropriate and professional-grade clothing without warning (no men are policed in this way). Many inquiries into the promotion of women into senior leadership roles went dismissed. In fact, I calculated that management and above, through every department, had only 35% of women in leadership. Director through c-level was even worse, with only 6 women for 23 men in leadership roles, or 20%. They keep their call center separate from the rest of the company, so that the ~real~ employees and customers don't have to mix with the commonfolk. The research arm is under-appreciated and overworked, with many employees working over 10 hours a day. Home-life balance is nonexistent. Futhermore, on multiple occasions, employees were forced to fill out best-place-to-work surveys AND forced to give great reviews in exchange for keeping their jobs.

"Run - Fast"

1.0

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

The business model is working. The company is growing and being recognized for its potential.

Cons

Awful place to spend most of your day. You’ll learn more from the negative reviews on this page than the positive ones. I’m pretty sure when a negative review comes up, the company writes a bunch of positive fake reviews. Look at what happened last time a negative review was written. Just goes to show that revealing the truth would mean no good people would want to work there, so they have to lie and put up a facade that it’s an excellent place to work.

DiscoverOrg Response

January 29, 2018Co-Founder & CEO

Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. You're obviously unhappy with me and the Company and I can imagine that coming to work everyday feeling that way sucks. I was hopeful after reading the title that there would be some specific things that I could do to address the way you feel, but the feedback ended up being pretty generic. "Office behavior is not normal" "Leadership is not the quality of Steve Jobs.", "DiscoverOrg is not Apple" (those last two are totally fair btw), "Awful place to spend most of your day". I take the culture and work atmosphere at DiscoverOrg very seriously - I appreciate that our employees come in everyday and work hard for me and DiscoverOrg and I genuinely want them to feel that I appreciate that and them. It's clear that I haven't lived up to that for you. I'd appreciate if you shot me an email or came by my office to discuss what we can be doing better for you. -Henry

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

-The people at DiscoverOrg are all very friendly but also great at what they do. -The leadership team is the most competent team I've ever been around. They provide a clear vision, transparent expectations, lots of learning opportunities and great feedback. -The company is growing crazy fast which provides some great professional development opportunities. -Everyone is very committed to driving this company forward and works extremely hard to do so. It's honestly pretty cool to see.

Cons

Not really a con in my opinion, but if you don't like all the change that comes with rapid growth then you might not like the pace.

Continue reading
  10. "Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever been around. It's competitive, but not cutthroat. You're competing to make each other even better. There is ample opportunity for career growth. We are a fast growing company, and there is always something to do.

Cons

Sometimes we grind pretty hard. It's a sales oriented company, so, it makes sense.

Found 15 reviews