DiscoverOrg Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 12 Dec 2019

4.5
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck
Pros
  • "Executive Recognition: Hard work does not go unnoticed(in 30 reviews)

• "The company is growing like gangbusters and there are tons of opportunities for advancement(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "So far I have no cons I could give(in 10 reviews)

• "Parking in downtown can be hit or miss(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best company to work for in the PNW."

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is a fast paced growing company. We have doubled our employee count over the past year with an acquisition of ZoomInfo. Now we are ZoomInfo. The employees are great, hard working, and fun. They work hard and celebrate our achievements when necessary.

Cons

After the acquisition a lot has changed. I believe it’s for the better but if you can look forward to where we are heading it could be tough getting through each day.

Continue reading
  2. "Lots of momentum and energy"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since I started working at DiscoverOrg over 4 years ago, the company has grown tremendously. We went from 2 offices to over 5 offices and 1k employees. - Great benefits! Flexible PTO with amazing healthcare options and 401k matching - Growth Potential: If you're looking to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and move to a new team - this is the place to be. - Executive Recognition: Hard work does not go unnoticed. DiscoverOrg's CEO and executive team make time to mentor talent and show recognition regardless of tenure and position.

Cons

Hard work: If you're looking for a standard 9-5 where you get to slack off for long lunch breaks daily, this isn't the place for you. We thrive on hard work and dedication!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is nice to be surrounded with a bunch of smart, hard working individuals.

Cons

I do not really have anything to say here.

DiscoverOrg Response

September 13, 2019Manager of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoy working here.

"Best Place to work in Downtown Vancouver"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Working in a team environment + Direct feedback from Managers/ Supervisors + Culture promotes team work + Rewarded for hard work and extra effort

Cons

Parking in downtown can be hit or miss.

"ethically questionable"

1.0
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great location. Great restaurants in the Vancouver area. The company has a great idea that in the right hands could be a great tool for several industries.

Cons

Ethically questionable practices and behavior from upper management leadership. They spend a little too much time belittling and berating employees and not enough time investing in the development of great employees. I have also seen them overuse employees off-hour time. If you want to work around the clock for elitist people who do not even like you, go to Discover Org. If you do not mind lying to companies to collect internal contact details then Discover Org is probably for you. If you value integrity and ethics and are looking for a place where hard work is appreciated and not abused, then keep looking.

Continue reading

"Honest review from a current employee"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I've had a lot of opportunity for growth and to move up - Coworkers/managers are amazing. It's kinda of a young crowd which can be a little annoying at times but a lot of the employees here are nice, interesting people. Made some of my closest friends since working here. - A lot of activities, praise, and cool prizes in the department. They try to make it fun and motivate/reward people for hard work. It's nice to see them planning fun stuff (like a trip for 2 to Hawaii)because they do ask you to work pretty hard.

Cons

- The wages are competitive compared to other jobs that have the same experience level requirements. That is pretty nice actually (no college experience needed). BUT I still think that for the work effort they are asking for, we deserve to be paid more for how successful the company is. - It's a work hard play hard environment which is really fun but also tiring. It's not always intense but when it is, you have to be ready to bust butt. It's not necessarily a con but just something to think about if that isn't your style

"Marketing"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

The company is great to work for. You won't find a better group of hard working, intelligent, and fun people.

Cons

There are no Cons, Apply

Continue reading

"Solid business with some weird culture but hey, maybe that's your thing."

2.0

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

- Good place to start your career and make a name for yourself. DO has grown tremendously in a short period of time, but is still small enough that with hard work, you can advance much more quickly than at a larger company. - Solid product that you can support and sell with genuine confidence and pride. - Successful company with a proven foundation and likely positive future. - Organized and process-driven; lots of good sales enablement tools

Cons

- PTO and other benefits are not competitive with industry standards, including among other non-Silicon Valley backed startups. - Sales leadership is often unprofessional, even to clients. Speaking to a client who was unhappy with their current agreement following the RainKing acquisition, a manager used profanity and said "too bad, should have gone with us to begin with" (paraphrasing and not including the original language). That type of attitude/behavior wasn't an isolated incident. - The cronyism among upper management seems borderline incestuous and is pretty weird if you're on the outside looking in. If you overlap the org chart, Henry's family tree, and Henry's top 8 MySpace friends from college, it would look like a classic Venn diagram. - Work/life balance is poor, but it goes beyond that (see above) since it seems you have to not only work long hours to get ahead (normal in sales), but spend a lot of time outside of work with co-workers. Would upper management feel differently about this if they weren't working with their closest friends and family members? - Totally medieval WFH policies. - Much of the research team seems unhappy and resentful of other departments. - Definitely not the only company to do this, but the overly positive Glassdoor reviews always ring false.

Continue reading
  9. "Somehow this place keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Vice President in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a workplace energy that is unlike any office I've been in. People are excited about sales intelligence, contact research, and grinding out a hard days work. Employees are respected and recognized. If you're smart and hard-working, you will ascend at this company. Your co-workers become your friends at DiscoverOrg.

Cons

With the company's growth, it's becoming difficult to find cheap parking around the office. Also, DO is such a fast-paced environment so things are always changing. That might not fit certain people very well.

"Manager, Sales Training"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

I can't speak highly enough of this company. Fast-growing tech company right here in sleepy Vancouver, WA. About 2 years ago we were at 200 people, we're over 500 now. We have a hard-working staff, innovative product, and even better leadership. With this growth comes opportunity. There are new positions opening up all the time (WE ARE HIRING) and we mostly promote from within.

Cons

If you're afraid of hard work, this may not be the best place for you to work. The city of Vancouver wasn't ready for us. Parking is tough. The local parking lots have seen our growth and increased parking fees.

Found 31 reviews