Diversity Travel Reviews

Updated 22 Jun 2020

4.2
Diversity Travel Managing Director Christopher Airey (no image)
Christopher Airey
  1. "Great placd"

Current Employee - Travel Coordinator

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rally grate placd love a lot

Cons

Not much that I’ve seen so far

2. "Friendly and Attentive"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are very friendly and inclusive. A great working environment all around.

Cons

A little detached from the Manchester office.

3. "Great people, relaxed but hard-working atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people really are great to be around, everyone is very helpful and I have settled in immeditately. The London office location is also situated next to a few parks and Leather Lane food market which is great for picking up a delicious and inexpensive London lunch!

Cons

At times there can be a lack of structure and communication.

January 10, 2020RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and it is really good to hear that you are settling in so well. We wish you every success in your role and longer-term progression with Diversity.

4. "Challenging but enjoyable workplace"

Current Employee - Business Travel Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training, supportive team and manager. Lots of staff engagement ideas including social events. I work from home but when you go into the office it’s a busy but friendly environment where you are made to feel welcome. Large workload whilst sometimes challenging makes the day go fast and you are constantly learning.

Cons

Systems are a lot to get your head around, but 3 months in I feel like I’m getting to grips more each day. I’d like to be able to work at the office occasionally but it’s not possible due to my shift times.

December 5, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts are we are delighted that you are settling in so well. It is good to hear that you are feeling supported by your team and manager and also that you found our training beneficial and helpful for your role as we appreciate that there can be lots to learn with our products and systems. Thanks again for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the office soon!

5. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well established company -- with awesome clients and fabulous colleagues

Cons

I have not encountered any cons worth mentioning in my time here

December 20, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our business and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your role so much. We are extremely proud to have such a fantastic team of people in the business and also proud to support our clients in the amazing work that they do. We hope you continue to thrive in your role and within the business in the longer term too.

6. "Friendly working atmosphere"

Current Employee - Operations Support Assistant

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly working atmosphere with lots of opportunities for progression. Monthly 1-2-1's centred around wellbeing.

Cons

Unpredictable workload as it varies from day to day.

December 20, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and we are pleased to hear that you are enjoying being part of the team and working with the fantastic people we have in the business. It is good to hear that you feel supported in your monthly 121's too. We hope you continue to enjoy your varied role and wish you every success within the business for the longer term.

7. "Nice colleagues, busy environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Travel Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues and managers, good location and working environment

Cons

Low salary, no career opportunities, busy working environment

December 20, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are extremely proud of our team of people and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and managers, and that you enjoyed our working environment overall. As a growing business our pace is fast and we are generally very busy most of the time. We always to look to promote from within and have made a number of internal promotions over the last 12 months within our Operations Team, so I am sorry to hear that you felt that career opportunities were lacking. Our salaries for Business Travel Consultants are also usually very competitive, so again we are sorry that you did not think this was the case. We would like to thank you very much for the valued contribution you have made to the business and we wish you every success for your future career.

8. "Squeezed to my limits. It was time to go!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Manchester, England

I worked at Diversity Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

The view from the 15th Floor and fellow struggling staff. At least we were in it together.

Cons

Under staffed, over ambitious stretching of the work load of staff within stringent premeditated budgets leading to an un-supportive environment.

September 26, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are ambitious – as you know our vision is to provide a travel management service of such high quality that we become the global leader in our sector. The business continues to grow and we appreciate that this is down to the hard work and effort of our employees. Our work pace is fast and we strive to ensure each team has the necessary resource through our continued recruitment to ensure that our clients receive excellent service and our employees have a workload that is manageable. We are certainly very sorry to hear that you have felt unsupported. We expect all our employees to have regular 121’s with their line manager so that any concerns can be quickly addressed. Our HR Team is also extremely pleased to provide any additional support should it be required. We are very sorry to hear that you have left the business with negative feelings. We certainly value your feedback we wish you all the very best for the future.

9. "Another one bites the dust"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good central Manchester city location

Cons

lack of management from top down - ANOTHER out of hours consultant has gone. OOH has lost more than half the workforce over the last 12-18 months without being replaced. This puts more and more pressure on the day team as we pick up work traditionally done by out of hours each morning.

July 24, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for your comments. As our business becomes more global with the opening of our USA operation, we have completed a process to identify any gaps in our resource where we need extra support. This has resulted in the introduction of our new Global Team which, as you will be aware, we are in the process of recruiting for at this current time. The Global Team will ensure that we have sufficient resource at all times of the day and night with the aim of providing an excellent level of service to our clients and ensuring that workload is distributed evenly. If you have any specific concerns around managing your own workload we would encourage you to speak to your either your team manager or to our HR Team who will be really pleased to assist you.

10. "I am very happy and enjoying this challenge"

Current Employee - NGO Travel Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Diversity Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great manager with a lot of experience and patience, knows how to connect to staff and really develop them. Good systems and exciting work

Cons

Can take some time to get used to the work load, and the systems change a lot which is hard to keep up with

July 24, 2019RECRUITMENT BUSINESS PARTNER

Thank you for your review and it is great to hear that you are enjoying your role within our new USA operation and that you value our management style also. The team in the USA is growing with a number of new Business Travel Consultants joining this week - so there are exciting times ahead! Thank you again for taking the time to submit a review and we wish you every success as our business grows.

Found 35 reviews