DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.7
DocuSign CEO Daniel Springer
Daniel Springer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture is terrific at creating work life balance while keeping a positive competitive environment" (in 92 reviews)

• "Company is growing so lots of opportunity" (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much, but if I have to be picky, there is no 401k match yet" (in 36 reviews)

• "Still some growing pains evident as growing so fast" (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enterprise Corporate Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Enterprise Corporate Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE - Since the company went public 5 months ago, people are legitimately lit up. It's kind of like something in the air has everybody a bit more chipper than usual. Weird.

THE LEADERSHIP TEAM - Dan and his team are doing a killer job. How do we know that? They give themselves "grades" every quarter at our All-Hands meetings. They follow up on the things they said that they would do and didn't do and keep everybody up-to-date on progress. Obviously, the company has been performing at a high level and when that happens, sometimes a leadership team loses sight of the "small stuff". Not this team. They care. They have increased benefits, they've been proactive about relevant topics i.e. equal pay, diversity, leadership pathways etc. If Dan's approval rating tells you anything, the company as a whole has a lot of confidence in what Dan and his C-Suite team are doing on a day-to-day basis as they lead our company post-IPO.

COMPENSATION - From my understanding DocuSign comp is competitive across the board. For salespeople you have an OTE number and the Sales Ops team is generally pretty fair with territories/quotas, etc. Name of the game is: work hard, hit your number and help everybody else hit theirs and we all get paid.

INNOVATION - Our CTO, Ron Hirson and CMO/CSO Scott Olrich have been hyper-focused on building out the DocuSign suite and building out DocuSign's "System of Agreement". From a sales perspective this is great. We have a product with a team that is constantly making improvements, making strategic acquisitions, building new technologies which all leads to a final product that's easier to sell to our prospects and customers.

GROWTH - We're on a good path with no signs of slowing down and a lot of untapped market potential. This is great news. Because the company is growing fast, there's a lot of opportunity to grow your career and step up into new roles.

BENEFITS - DocuSign has a pretty extensive benefits package. And anything that is missing, the Benefits team is usually already thinking about or is in the process of rolling out. Some that may be interesting:

- Generous stock purchase plan.
    - employee is offered RSU's when they're hired
    - Bike lockers
    - Full Health/Vision/Dental insurance
    - 401k (match coming soon)
    - Paternity/Maternity leave
    - Commuter stipend
    - DocuSign IMPACT: Donation match for any contributions made to organizations of your choice
    - 3 business days VTO
    - 20 business days PTO
    - Several company holidays
    - Referral bonus
    - Outside Education stipend
    - All kinds of snacks/beverages in the kitchens

Cons

Benefits missing:
    - Gym membership reimbursement/stipend
    - Commuter stipend could be higher

Advice to Management

As our company grows, keep paying attention to our hiring processes and developing our managers and leaders. Let's ensure that we keep hiring top talent and that we're investing in our talent internally. It's always a bummer when we lose a good colleague when we could have just paid a bit more attention.

31 Aug 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing such detailed thoughts. Reviews like this are very helpful to potential job candidates. Trust you saw the 401(k) matching announcement.

2. "Fantastic plan to work!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent culture / team environment
     - Great energy
     - Exceptional CEO and leadership team
    - Innovative / forward thinking company - constant product, business, process enhancements
    - Flexible working environment
    - A company that really looks after it's employees and offers fantastic benefits and opportunities

I would recommend DocuSign to anyone!

Cons

- Growing pains of a hyper growth company. We have out grown our office space but it's a good problem to have and we will be moving in to fantastic new offices soon!

2 Nov 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Hello Australia! Thank you for weighing in. It's great to hear that you are happy with your benefits. I know Chris Mahar's team has worked hard on providing great benefits globally to all our... More

3. "Definitely Top 5 Of Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the BEST company that I've ever worked for so far!
    -People here are multi-cultural and extremely welcome.
    -Great office location with amazing physical working environment.
    -High-tech and superb quality IT equipment.
    -Great leadership from the senior management.
    -Fantastic staff benefits and compensation.
    -Generous spending on employee self-learning program.
    -High flexibility of working hours or location (WFH or WeWork)
    -Company is aiming high and strong for the business expansion

Cons

Thus far I have not had any negative feedback and as this is the best Company I have ever worked for I would say no cons too.

12 Oct 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your detailed list of pros about what it is like to work at DocuSign and in Sydney.

4. "Excellent people, career path, and perks"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney
    Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that im surrounded by switched on, intelligent go-getters. It's an amazing team from many different backgrounds.

Free health plan, stocks, and 2 months paternity leave (or 6 mths for primary carer).

Cons

Were growing so rapidly our office doesn't fit! Were moving to a new office in a few months, but until then the hot desk situation is annoying (get in early!)

12 Oct 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Great to hear you are growing and moving into new digs soon.

5. "DocuSign Company Review"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful company to work for. The company really cares about employees, their well being and career development.

Cons

Thus far I have not had any negative dealings and as this is the best Company I have ever worked for I would say no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do and keep caring for the people that work for you, we appreciate all you do.

9 Oct 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks and awesome that DocuSign is the best company you have ever worked for.

6. "Great place to work, great benefits and great opportunities"

Current Employee - Professional Services Resource in Sydney
    Current Employee - Professional Services Resource in Sydney

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DocuSign is a great company to work for. They offer great benefits and really care about their employees. With rapid growth there is significant opportunity to grow with the business.

Cons

With the rapid growth in the Sydney office we have run out of space and are split between the main office and a WeWork space. Plans to move in the early new year, but until then desk space is at a premium.

9 Oct 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thought. You are the second person to say desk space is a premium. Really glad to hear you are moving early next year.

7. "BD & Channel Director"

Current Employee - BD & Channel Director
    Current Employee - BD & Channel Director

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- increasing maturity of offering (springcm acq)
    - significant interest in building integrations to DS (from multinat to small ISV house)
    - Internal employee facing systems are exceptional

Cons

- teething issues of any young tech company

28 Sep 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Boom! You win the prize for first mention of SpringCM and yes, you are spot on: this acquisition expands our product offering and is key. Exciting stuff indeed. And our partner integrations are so... More

"Market Development Representive"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Sydney
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Sydney

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are amazing. We have a good culture in the Australian office, and when we do well, we get recognised.

Management is very supportive as well as fellow team mates. We have a very collaborative team and as we are all in the same building it is easy to walk to someone when we need help with something.

Office location is the best as it's in the city and close to Circular Quay. Sometimes I'll go for a walk on my lunch break and soak up the sun.

The Kitchen is well stocked and supplied. And there's always a drink on hand come Friday afternoons.

Cons

Probably the long commute to the city. But that's because I live so far away.

No ping pong table, but we're not an overly big office so that's understandable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

7 Sep 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Great to hear about the good culture in our Australian offices and that your colleagues are supportive. That makes such a big difference.

9. "Great placeto work - heaps of opportunities!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DocuSign is growing rapidly and making positive changes along the way - listening to its staff and customers.

Cons

Keeping connected in a growing global business is challenging and needs work..

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff and customers.

7 Sep 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks and so great to hear that you see heaps of opportunities!

10. "Great place to grow a career in Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sydney
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sydney

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DocuSign has a positive, energetic culture that's completely authentic. People across the company, in every role and region, go out of their way to share information, best practices, successes, and help each other. There's a real sense of belonging to one company and being in it together.

Cons

Being in Australia, we don't always get to connect into all company-wide meetings and sessions. That said, DocuSign does a good job of repeating the important ones in our time zone and also recording and sharing them quickly.

Advice to Management

Stay open and accessible to all regions - it's working!

7 Sep 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for the thumbs up regarding sharing the recordings for important meetings. We have given a lot of thought to this and most of our peer companies hold meetings at the same day/time from HQ and... More