Dun & Bradstreet "d b" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Dun & Bradstreet Employee Reviews about "d b"

Updated Oct 10, 2019

Found 1003 reviews

Dun & Bradstreet CEO Anthony Jabbour
Anthony Jabbour
Pros
  • "Work-life balance helped by flexibility to work from home(in 106 reviews)

• "D&B is hiring talent at the top levels of the company to effect change and increase global performance(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • "D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it(in 64 reviews)

• "Constant cycle through Senior Management(in 30 reviews)

Reviews about "d b"

Return to all Reviews

"Lost it's Mojo"

Current Employee - Tech in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love the team I work with.

Cons

D&B was taken private. Slowly cutting benefits, got rid of fitness reimbursement and essentially took away raises and bonuses with the promise if you work hard, put in the hours and treat the company as if it were your own you might get a raise/bonus at the very least you will get a baseball signed by Daffron. Morale is at an all-time low.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees

Dun & Bradstreet2019-10-07

"Down the tubes"

Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be a great place to work.

Cons

The few remaining vestiges of what made D&B a good place to work will soon be stripped away. The path seems to be headed straight downhill for the company's employees. New management only cares about themselves and making money as they've stated numerous times. Doesn't look like they'll even be a Christmas party.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-09-07

"D&B and its new investors don’t care about its employees at all. :)"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not much anymore—no one likes or trusts the new owners, nor should they. Peers here are generally good people who mean well and work hard, one of the few remaining “perks.”

Cons

Whether it’s security updates, cost-cutting, laying off loyal and hard-working employees, slashing benefits, disallowing the use of Macs, or any of the other nonsense happening here, it is incredibly hard to get your work done on a daily basis now. I have been here over 5 years. When Bob Carrigan was here, he cared about his people and it showed. New management/investors clearly doesn’t understand their employees... or simply doesn’t care. Clients of ours are suffering too as all these changes make our jobs that much harder to do. D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it. Then again, they’d just rather you quit from misery here so they don’t have to pay the severance.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings, not things you own. Your business moves and how you communicate them to your employees are shady and backhanded at best. Oh, and just sell/flip us already—we know it’s coming again. Greedy, capitalist pigs.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-08-28

October 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we value the candid feedback. I am concerned to learn about your views on management and have shared with appropriate leaders. However, we'd also appreciate learning more and urge you to reach out to your People Business Partner or PeopleFeedback@dnb.com to share additional details, so it can be further addressed.

"Great Company!"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I started my professional career at D&B and stayed for over 20 years in a variety of technology, sales, and product roles. I loved working at D&B and highly recommend it as an employer for associates at any stage in their career. Highlights include: Outstanding people Professional growth potential D&B's process (legal, finance, channels vs. direct) is world class

Cons

Recent feedback from current associates that too much micro-management is not helpful

Advice to Management

To remain relevant, D&B must reclaim its role as an originator of B2B data and not settle for being an aggregator of other sources. Further, D&B must make better acquisitions that will help it respond to current and future demand. Finally, D&B must recruit and retain best-in-class product management rather than handing the reigns to the latest acquisition's talent.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-07-16

October 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share positive feedback regarding your time here. I’m glad to hear you worked with great people and experienced a lot of professional growth. We appreciate the candid feedback in other areas and have shared feedback with appropriate leadership.

"Lost my years in swamp"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Malibu, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few of pros are there: - Some projects are interesting and challenging. - WLB exists up to some point - Location at Malibu

Cons

Tough to keep a balance in order not to go deep into details or personals and be objective at the same time. 1. Let's start within office at Malibu - lack of furniture, basic equipment & hardware, office itself is very modest. 2. Actual work: A lot of technical debt, nobody takes care about quality or future of projects. Five managers for 2-3 workers. Nobody interested in actual results, mostly focus... is in declaring results. 3. Teams/Environment: In some teams are very toxic and political. Had feeling - management proud themself by talking only. Bright people, they were there, but not now. 4. Management, diversity is there. Most of them is unnecessary layer, which could be eliminated without sacrificing. This layer knows that and that why defends itself, making environment even more toxic. It worth mentioning that management gives promises whatever you want to hear to stretch time. Most managers do not care about you. Unfortunately, in D&B I never met true Manager (yes, from capital letter). 5. Legal department - bunch of unprofessional subcontractors from Satterlee Stephens LLP that are ready to provide just basic level service. Unprofessionals answers and lack of competency, this what should you expect. 6. HR, Working for years.... I personally do not know who they are and what the do.... Honestly, they function is so unclear and bureaucratic. They will talk to you twice - when you are hired and when you are fired. Basically they function - make your professional career tough and unclear. 7. Promotions - Surprisingly (!), company with thousands employees does not offer you any career directions/transitions plans! Ironically , there is official career transition plan document - focused on your resignation mostly.... Should you expect career grow there ? My experience told - NO. So, personally I would not recommend for professionals to join D&B at this time.

Advice to Management

Too much cons are there to give Advice.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-06-01

October 9, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lengthy and comprehensive review. Your perspective, particularly on work culture and professionalism is concerning to us and we’d appreciate learning more. This year, for the 10th year in a row, we were acknowledged as one of The World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, an accolade that we truly value. We urge you to contact us at PeopleFeedback@dnb.com so we can get a better understanding of your concerns.

"Good potential, difficult current environment"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

With a global Brand recognition as good as D&B there is lots of potential for this company in the future.

Cons

The products are old, there is in-fighting amongst the sales channels and a lack of accountability by employees so when something goes wrong, there is more finger pointing and less ownership.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-04-05

"Products Weakening and Senior Management Clueless"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Marlow, England

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great colleagues. - Historical brand with a previously strong brand awareness - You get to leave at the end of the day.

Cons

- Senior management are part of a "boys club" where they prioritise a small number of the sales team that they wish to see succeed. You can be successful through your own work but the fear is that when you are, the deals / opportunities will be given to other members of the team in particular at year end to help them succeed. - Consistent lies around Salary improvements - commission structure got worse year on... year. Colleagues who had back ended commission structures had write offs / deals taken away to prevent them from hitting target. - Mass redundancies used to be every year around Xmas time but now they are being done mid year as well. - Have bought successful products / competitors and have subsequently dismantled the teams and products to create another standard, poorly maintained offering. - D&B data set is rapidly inaccurate, is priced to high and actually lags behind cheaper competitors such as CreditSafe (in the UK at least). - Managers gossip about employees with other members of their teams - giving them nick names and bullying them out of the business. - One manager (not mine) will shout at their relatively young (first job / junior roles) staff if they go to the toilet, talk to other members of the team or even just stand up. Megalomaniac, arrogant managers appear to be the norm. - The culture and values have been lost - consistently saying the customer comes first however all they want is to make a quick sale with proper Account Management a lost art.

Advice to Management

Be honest about where the business is going with the staff. You have some great employees remaining but they are insecure. Stop the management picking on employees they dont want at the business - it was terrible to watch!

Dun & Bradstreet2019-05-15

October 9, 2019

Thank you for your extensive feedback. I am troubled to read about how you've experienced our practices as they pertain to sales and ethics as we take pride in the way we do business with our customers and our team members. I encourage you to share more of your story at PeopleFeedback@dnb.com.

"Private Equity take over of D&B"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

D&B has very good data and it is a prominent player. Great brand name and value proposition.

Cons

Private equity buyers are focused on cost cutting and not on growth. They will remove a lot of institutional knowledge and be left with 100 years old databases. They have no vision for growth or improvement

Advice to Management

Try to understand the market landscape and how you can differentiate. Get detailed knowledge instead of forming strategies based on superficial knowledge.

Dun & Bradstreet2019-03-22

"Public to Private"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great People and culture, there are many committed people who strive to make D&B a great place

Cons

Inefficient systems and processes which cause lots of wasted time and research

Advice to Management

Need to revamp many internal systems and processes. Just went private and seems like new owners are well aware. Hopefully we will see real progress in this area. But change is not always comfortable

Dun & Bradstreet2019-03-13

"Great Company"

Former Employee - People Team

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

D&B has a great culture, especially in their smaller remotes offices; like Austin, TX & Waltham, MA. The company direction since announcing that they are a private company is what's best for the future of D&B.

Cons

With changes in the organization and new leadership comes changes.

Advice to Management

Remember to keep the customer and employees in the forefront of your business decisions, all the best in 2019

Dun & Bradstreet2019-03-05

March 6, 2019Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, particularly about our Austin and Waltham offices. We definitely are excited about the direction of the Company now that we've gone private and are confident that our new structure and status will unleash our tremendous potential for growth.

Found 1003 reviews