Find jobs for Director

Updated 6 May 2020

4.9
E. & J. Gallo Winery Co-President and CEO Joe Gallo
Joe Gallo
  1. "Amazing company, leadership and colleagues"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

During these enduring time, it constantly proves why I love this company. The way leadership prioritizes employees and the community is unbelievable. We donate to causes, produce hand sanitizer, move people around creatively to keep everyone employ, provide extra health benefits and flexibility. And we're still hiring! In addition, you're never bored. There is such potential with how this organization is growing.

Cons

Modesto is a bit far from cities and its benefits.

May 12, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your feedback and for all you do for Gallo. We truly appreciate your leadership!

2. "Dynamic and Fun Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with E. &. J. Gallo Winery for five years and very much enjoy the culture, environment, and work. I have been employed for over 30 years and have worked for several companies, including a Fortune 50 company. Gallo is by far the best company I have ever been employed by. I especially like the fact that the company is still a real “family owned” business, employees are treated fairly and respectfully, and the company has strong values that are taken seriously. Gallo is a fast-paced, dynamic place to work and it is exciting to be a member of a company that is so proactive in respect to strategy, innovation, emerging technologies, and continuing to grow the business. My only negative comment is that I sometimes feel that team members do not necessarily know how fortunate they are to work for such a company, that truly values their employees. For a company of this size, Gallo still does traditional somewhat nostalgic things such as holding an annual company picnic that thousands of employees and their families may attend, and to have Gallo family members, including the current CEO, stand in the hot sun for hours to shake employees’ hands and thank them for all their hard work. That is amazing in this day and age where people often feel that they are just a number.

Cons

None that I can think of.

September 23, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your 30+ years of hard work! Employees like you make Gallo a great place to work. Cheers!

3. "Exciting place to work"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family owned with great family values. Fast paced and many intelligent employees. Fun industry.

Cons

The pace can sometimes be tiring, but leadership tries to address it

July 28, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate all you do!

4. "Dynamic Company!"

Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In the adult beverage industry CHANGE is happening at an historic pace and Gallo is leading the charge with portfolio innovation, systems upgrades, and investing in people. Exciting time to be with an amazing, family owned company.

Cons

Must be a self starter capable of working independently. If you need constant direction and motivation Gallo may not be the best fit for you.

June 14, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you enjoy working at Gallo and will pass your "Advice to Management" along to leadership. Cheers!

5. "Outstanding Place to Work, Proud to work for the Gallo Family"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Gallo family is humble and hardworking and those values are passed on throughout all levels of the organization. This is a company where you are rewarded for your results and challenged constantly with new projects. The family is incredibly forward thinking and is always planning for the future, unafraid to make changes if needed in order to prepare the company for success for generations to come. As a leader in the industry, high standards are the norm but constant training and tools are provided in order to help assist employees to be the best and brightest in the business. I have always felt supported and valued.

Cons

High expectations of success and innovation are not always welcomed by those that prefer a slower pace.

May 23, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We appreciate all of your hard work and dedication, and we want you to know that we will be sharing your feedback with our Executive leadership team. Cheers!

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Finance Director in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for career development and growth. I have the flexibility I need to balance being a mom and career. Great company culture. Get to work alongside so many intelligent and humble people.

Cons

A lot of change happening in the organization at the moment with systems and big projects. Management is actively managing this exciting but challenging change. Will be great for the long-term but may be a bit rocky in the short-term.

May 22, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. Business transformations can be challenging but with employees like you, we know we'll be successful! Cheers to 10+ years of service, we appreciate you!

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director, Channel Sales Management in London, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great people, great brands & fun place to work

Cons

i can't think of any

May 22, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and all you do!

8. "Tops in the Adult Beverage Industry!"

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Positive corporate culture. Very innovative with group work and World Class Portfolio.

Cons

Need a better clear line of priorities as the portfolio is so large.

May 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing it with our Sr. Leadership team. Cheers!

9. "Why you should choose Gallo"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gallo is an innovative, successful and fast paced business environment. Employees are encouraged to seek new ways to approach the business, and are highly valued.

Cons

Only the best are hired here; the fast pace may not be for everyone; expectations are high, and not everyone is prepared to meet those expectations.

May 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your really insightful feedback!

10. "Better than Fortune 100!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family owned company where Corporate Values are internalized at every level of the organization. Career growth and opportunity is valued and supported by leadership Growing company that has an Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset Great people to work with. Everyone wants you to succeed.

Cons

Have not seen any yet!

May 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your valuable feedback and for all you do for Gallo!

Found 34 reviews