E. & J. Gallo Winery Field Marketing Manager Reviews

Updated 6 Dec 2017

E. & J. Gallo Winery Co-President and CEO Joe Gallo
Joe Gallo
  1. "Field Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic culture, great people, merit based advancement opportunity, competitive atmosphere, great brands/products, forward thinking company, great senior mentors, dynamic industry

Cons

Lots of moving parts with a large company in a complicated industry, might take someone who does not know the company/industry well a long time to get up to speed.

Continue reading

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

December 6, 2017Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. We truly appreciate your feedback and we thank you for all that you do to help make Gallo such a great place to work. Cheers!

2. "Awesome company with great training!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

High expectations with flexible schedule. The training is awesome and the people you work with are just as good. Creates a very healthy motivating environment.

Cons

Long days, a lot of travel. Have to be self motivated and great at time management. You will move a lot.

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 30, 2017Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate everything you do for us! Cheers to you!

3. "Great Company to Work for"

Former Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best company by far in the wine industry. Technology and training drive their business. It is still a family owned and grows every year both by aquisitions and new brand launches which keep it interesting for it's employees. The guaranteed 401K allotment given to employees each year is better than anything I have heard from any company in any industry.

Cons

Compensation is conservative and while you won't get rich working there you will have job security. They started a bonus plan that pays well but is taxed heavily when you hit it. Movement through their system has become stagnant over the last few years and in order to get promoted you typically have to move so it becomes more difficult for those with families.

4. "Amazing Company to have a Meaningful Lifetime Career!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

Family Owned, Constantly Giving back to Employees, Training is the best in the industry, Upward Growth within the company, Promote from Within, Profit Sharing, Benefits, Company Strives to be Innovative and Best in Practice, Within Every Position in the company Constantly Challenged to be better, Work Life Balance,

Cons

I can't think of any downsides to working for E&J Gallo Winery. If you want to move up within the company, the more willing you are to be flexible and move around the country, the faster you will grow your career. This could be seen as a downside.

"Multi-Billion Dollar Company or Family Owned Company? Gallo is both!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Gallo Family is just that, family. From entry-level sales to executive level management, there is never a feeling of being "just a number". You will be looked after and mentored for your entire career. Training is never-ending and the opportunities for advancement are endless. With a company that has doubled in revenue in the last 10 years with plans to do so again by the end of the decade, there is no more exciting place to be than where we are!

Cons

Biggest con is due to the nature of wine consumption as a whole. Meaning, Oct-Dec are the busiest months of the year, which can add to holiday stresses on occasion.

6. "Working for E&J Gallo Winery"

Field Marketing Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery

Pros

Working for E&J Gallo Winery is one of the best moves I've ever made. As big as this company is, you never feel like just a number. Still 100% owned by the Gallo Family, you feel like you are part of a team. Opportunities to move up are endless.

Cons

In my opinion there are no cons to working for the E&J Gallo Winery. I would suggest anyone interested in the alcohol industry look into a career with Gallo.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews