Find jobs for Finance

E. & J. Gallo Winery Finance Reviews

Updated 21 Jul 2020

4.9
E. & J. Gallo Winery President and CEO Ernest Gallo (no image)
Ernest Gallo
1 Rating
  1. "Culture of Opportunities & Family"

Current Employee - FINANCE ANALYST/FINANCE ASSOCIATE in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can really own your career here. If you have specific interests, you can reach out to your manager and they will help you meet and greet with people in that area. The culture is very open even with senior leadership to new hires. You are encouraged to schedule coffee chats or lunches with almost anyone in the company.

Cons

It can difficult at times to find the best next opportunity at any given time. The culture in Finance stresses the importance of rotating, but preferred rotations are not always available. Management typically does a good job helping you rotate, however.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your through feedback. We are so glad you are here!

2. "Fun jobs in a fun industry"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Finance roles rotate frequently and learn many parts of the business 2. Finance roles are embedded with the business and act as true partners 3. Fun industry that is growing, even in these terrible times 4. Family-owned, long-term view of success - willingness to invest 5. Culture is great, with emphasis on humility and collaboration

Cons

only downside for me is being based in CA, with my family in the Midwest

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Cheers to you!

3. "Room for improvement"

2.0
    Former Employee - Finance
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent educational resources and the Gallo family members are amazing!

Cons

It is extremely difficult for lower level diverse employees to advance. Despite their D&I efforts, middle and upper management roles lack diversity. Diverse employees with promise and ambition end up leaving the organization and excelling at other companies or spend multiple years at the same level while their straight white male counterparts advance. Rather than fix the problem, they attempt to mask the issue by over "marketing" the diverse employees ( women, minorities, lgbt, etc.) they do have in over the top campaigns or events a few times a month. However, these campaigns do not reflect that the average tenure and seniority of these employees is much lower than non-diverse employees and that the average turn over of these employees are much higher than non-diverse employees.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Although hard to hear, your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with our Sr. Leadership teams. We also acknowledge that although we have made significant strides, diversity & inclusion remains a top priority for us. We wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors and thanks for the time you spent with Gallo.

4. "Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly work environment, career advancement, good benefits, great top level leadership.

Cons

Corporate HQ city might not be great

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and for your 3+ years at Gallo! We appreciate you!

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Finance Director in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for career development and growth. I have the flexibility I need to balance being a mom and career. Great company culture. Get to work alongside so many intelligent and humble people.

Cons

A lot of change happening in the organization at the moment with systems and big projects. Management is actively managing this exciting but challenging change. Will be great for the long-term but may be a bit rocky in the short-term.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. Business transformations can be challenging but with employees like you, we know we'll be successful! Cheers to 10+ years of service, we appreciate you!

6. "Thankful to work on a product I love with brilliant and creative people."

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovation is encouraged, passionate team, ongoing education to build skills, benefits (Vitality, leave, investment/donation matching)

Cons

I have no feedback at this time.

7. "Love my new career with Gallo"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Modesto, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong employee development culture. Highly committed to moving employees to new areas to provide a well rounded experience. Experienced employees do a great job of teaching newbies the wine industry and the Gallo way. - Progressive approach to alternative work arrangements - High performing and talented staff - Decisive leadership team - Good diversity at lower levels of the organization that is supported by the organization with funds and events to promote the value of that diversity and improving awareness of all employees - Discounts on wine at the wine shop and in industry tasting rooms - Fun industry to work in

Cons

- New DCB building is beautiful, but operations building is outdated and not as engaging to work in

Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate your very thoughtful feedback! We will be sharing it with our Sr, Leadership team. Thanks for all you do!

"Excellent company for a career"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've been with Gallo for 11+ years. I came for the paycheck and stayed because I continued to grow. Gallo supported my education and empowered me to change careers. From my journey thru Chemistry, Wine making, Operations, Sales, and Marketing, I have found my coworkers to be affable, intelligent, and eager challenge the status quo.

Cons

The location (Modesto) may be a downside for some. But I've found the low cost of living, while still in CA, to be a big plus. Also, some folks have not had as great of an experience as I have. One possible reason is that Gallo is looking to retain and promote top performers. Those who complain typically are those who simply do not perform as well, do not aggressively seek to improve themselves, and therefore feel like they have plateaued.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is obvious by the the thought and care you put into your review, that we are very lucky to have you. Cheers!

"I've been working at E&J Gallo Winery for more than ten years and am on my 6th role."

Current Employee - Finance Director in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The things I like most about Gallo are the strong values that are represented across the organization - both domestic and international, the sense of family, the focus on employee development, the long term strategic thinking, the encouragement of work life balance, the fun and innovative product and industry, the employee growth opportunities, and the humility exuded by leadership.

Cons

Not too many cons for someone who has worked at Gallo for over a decade!

Human Resources Leadership

First and foremost, thank you for your 10+ years with Gallo! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is people like you that make Gallo such a special place to work. Cheers!

10. "Started recently at Gallo and really enjoying it. A great place to come to work every day."

Current Employee - Finance in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

From my first interview I was made to feel so at ease. Such a nice atmosphere. It really is like a family! A really supportive environment. I've never felt like I couldn't approach someone with a question, which is so important for a new starter. Would definately recommend this as a great place to come to work everyday.

Cons

No cons I can think of. Location and role are ideal for me.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you are enjoying your new role and office! Please continue to check in with us, we're listening. Welcome to the Gallo Family!

Found 17 reviews