E. & J. Gallo Winery Human Resources Reviews

Updated 8 Sep 2020

5.0
E. & J. Gallo Winery President and CEO Ernest Gallo (no image)
Ernest Gallo
1 Rating

"Best Place to Work/Grow/Learn"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Human Resources in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people/leadership, great benefits, and obviously the wine perks!

Cons

Our PTO policy is the only thing I've never been fond of. You start at 15 days per year and it increases after 5 years.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to share your Gallo experience with us. With regards to your feedback in the "Cons" section, we will be sharing your review with our Benefits and HR leadership teams. Thanks for all you do!

2. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture, benefits, and people to work for

Cons

The Elizabeth Location is a little difficult to get to

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck in the future!

"Great Place to Work! Great People!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are smart and driven. Good benefits and work/life balance depending on your role and manager. Managers care about your professional development and personal growth. Emphasis on teamwork and relationship building reinforces the family culture. Wine shop discount is amazing!

Cons

Leadership can be far removed from day to day (like many companies).

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your thoughtful review and for the 5+ years you have spent with Gallo. Cheers to you!!

4. "Great place to work if you want to be challenged and grow!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gallo is a great place to work if you want to work with smart, driven people who will push you to bring your best to work everyday. There are lots of opportunities if you can demonstrate a high quality of work and a curious and open mindset to new ways of approaching issues and challenges.

Cons

The drive for continuous improvement and pace of change can be frustrating for some people.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We appreciate the 10+ years you have spent with Gallo and cheers to many more!

5. "Collaborative and Employee Focused"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I appreciate that top leadership has a clear strategic direction; including both management and employees with detailed road maps for such. Team collaboration stems from the top and is encouraged by managers, supported by company values and utilized by employees. I feel that both business and employee management is implemented in such away that calls for inclusion, care and appreciation. Work-life balance is a must for me, and Gallo's "family first" culture supports such. At the end of the work day, I go home feeling appreciated and valued. A great example; Gallo offers Summer hours during the months of June, July and August. Who doesn't enjoy half days on Friday?

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and for your 5+ years at Gallo. We are lucky to have you!!

6. "The Level of Investment is Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Development Opportunities, Access to Leadership, Commitment to the Industry and the Long Term Direction, Relentless Drive toward Improvement

Cons

The environment of healthy change is plentiful which many view in a positive light, while some need more time to digest

Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing it with leadership. Thanks for all you do! Cheers!

"Gallo IS the BEST!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Healdsburg, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best reason I have for working at Gallo is the People! 10+ years later and they continue to challenge & support me both professionally & personally - we truly are like family!

Cons

Our pace of change is faster than most, so you have to keep your running shoes on at all times!

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for your 10+ years of service! We appreciate all you do to make Gallo a great place to work. Great things to come!

8. "Wonderful Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gallo Winery is truly a wonderful place to work. I have been with the organization for over 10 years now and couldn't imagine working for another company. During my tenure, I have had an opportunity to work on several impactful projects , including multiple lean initiatives to help drive efficiencies across our HR processes. The strong emphasis on family that is deep rooted in our culture has helped me manage my work life balance. I just returned from my second maternity leave, and I not only received support by my direct manager but other leaders in the HR organization to ensure that I had a smooth transition.

Cons

Organizational change can be difficult and require a lot of socialization and approvals.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It's great to hear you feel supported in your career and in your personal life. We appreciate all of the hard work you've put in over the past 10+ years and want you to know, we value you. Cheers!

9. "#iloveworkinghere"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with E. & J. Gallo Winery for almost 2 years, and I could not be happier. There is great work/life balance, I have never felt like a small fish in a big pond, and there are constant conversations about what I am passionate about, as well as where I'd like my career to go next.

Cons

I do respect different training styles, however, there was not a very structured training program when I started.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It is great to hear that you are so happy. We are lucky to have you!

10. "Best Place to Work :)"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Life Balance, Flexibility, Great onboarding process, friendly & fun culture, great training and development programs.

Cons

Small company has pros and cons

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all you do!

Found 15 reviews